Bradenton Racing Event Questions & Comments

ah i cant decide if i want to go or not... well lets rephase that, i WANT to go but $$$ is one issue, and my parents are pretty uptight and probably wouldnt want me going alone for such a long distance. and the other problem is when i get there to race cost a lot and i dont have any one to sign for me...

well im still stuck in a world of debating

some one make up my mind.

neil

well Neil.... tell your parents I'll take keep an eye on ya if they need someone, already been thru 2 teenagers. Have em call me if they would like, I've been playing Daddy for along time. But you'll have to stay close........... :cool:

No, i didnt sign in. I dont know if i am racing yet. But i am going.

Scott

Jesse, I'll be signing in Tomorrow once I add some $$ to my pay pal account.

Only thing is, I'm REALLY trying to find a trailer (actually, I can rent a trailer, I need a truck to pull me) so I won't be worried about breaking something while I'm racing. It's a 3 hour ride and I'll be up the creek without a padle if something goes. It is 160K mile motor.

I think I'll just de-tune and run consistent low 12's safely.

WHAT? PARENTS? ALONE FOR SUCH A LONG DISTANCE?

WHATS 150 MILES MAN!!!!!!!!

What, with $100? you could load up with some gas, get a little grub, head on out, and have some fun! you dont need to get race fuel, hell dont even worry about running it full out, just run!

Go get a paper route!

lol
:D

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
ah i cant decide if i want to go or not... well lets rephase that, i WANT to go but $$$ is one issue, and my parents are pretty uptight and probably wouldnt want me going alone for such a long distance. and the other problem is when i get there to race cost a lot and i dont have any one to sign for me...

well im still stuck in a world of debating

some one make up my mind.

neil

I have a friend who has a good used one "in stock". Let me know.

Otherwise, you can pour some of that Aluminum radiator stop leak stuff and It might take care of it. It did for me. :)

Jesse, there is a guy in your club that makes t-shirts. Ask George Macedo. He made the t-shirts for the central florida club. I think his name is Fred. Not sure.

Neil, you should be ok. But I wouldn't take the car if you don't think it can make it. You don't want to get stuck in the middle of alligator alley. I am sure that you could get a ride with someone. Some guys are bringing their families, so I am sure that you could fit in somewhere.:cool:

$30, if you can pick it up.

It's got 16K original miles. You can bolt it on just like that in it will solve your problem. However, for 30-40 bucks, you can take it to a radiator shop and have it re-rodded (clean the inside of the tanks) and it will be as good as new. Remember, no matter what milage, it's still 15 years old.

BTW, it's off of the ATR stage II car.

Hey Bobby:

Most of us will show up Saturday for T&T. You're TSM legal right? You Considering running TSM?

E-mail me.

Jorge

Originally posted by Bmason
Jorge - "you have mail!"

Jesse - once eliminations start, will the T&T lanes remain open during rounds?

Jesse,

I strongly suggest considering this if you already have not. A lot of the guys coming up from down here, are interested in running their car at a hard hooking track during the event, but not ultra interested in the bracket racing. I think by leaving the lanes open the whole time, whether your competing in the bracket or not, will improve participation imensely.(sp)

-Alex

vendors...

Alex, did you get that list of vendors that I sent you?

Call Skip at Murray's Auto Supply and give him the information that you have.

Urgent message about hotels...

...just got off the phone with motel 6...

They will give me a group rate of 49.95 per room for sat. night. This is a good rate from what I understand, so lets jump on it. Who wants in?

Each room will have two beds, etc..

-Alex

C'mon Bobby, bring your car and have fun. I'm gonna try and make it down if I have the $$$ to spare. Hopefully it'll be ready for 10's by then...if it'll quit springing these surprise exhaust leaks on me...LOL. See ya'll there...hopefully...:D

I agree that it probably would help participation/atendance if a couple of lanes were used for T&T between elimination rounds...plus there would always be cars going down the track instead of possible dead time between rounds. That would be much better for the people in the stands as well as the racers IMO...:cool:

Sorry to hear about your lose Neil , you and your family will be in our prayers

Jesse :(

Sorry to hear such tragic news bud. You're in our prayers.

Don't worry about Bradenton, they'll be more years to come.

Take care.

Jorge

thanks for your concern, it really means a lot to me, and your right, i guess i got next year to look forward too :D

the only thing that i really can say to what happened to my uncle is i hope he didnt suffer, i hope it was quick

but thanks for the concern....

neil

Is anyone just gonna go up early Sunday AM? I dont know if I can get off work for Saturday AND Sunday. What're the plans for Saturday night? If I can get both off of work, and someone needs an extra body to chip in on a room, lemme know.