Buddy Wants To Run GN in '05 Legacy GT

Dude, no disrespect but, you're crazy sayin' legacys are fast. any stock TR would put such a beat down on a legacy it wouldnt be funny. You car is SERIOUSLY in need of some help. If I were you I wouldnt even drive that car anymore. You could have a worn lobe, valve springs, fuel pump, anything. You may be damaging your car everyday and not know it. PLEASE take it to lou, and have him check over your systems again. :)

No worries...no disrespect taken my friend.
;)

But I'm not new to fast cars...check the 68 Camaro in my sig...it's quick...and still not the quickest car I've been in.

Just saying that the 07 and 08 Legacy GT are much quicker than their predecessors and while I agree they are no match for a moderately well tuned GN....they might be a bit quicker than you think.

I saw and talked with Lou today and will be taking my GN to him this week.
The car is perfectly safe to drive and the only time it hints of anything being wrong is at WOT.

Tim

Good to hear. Lou will hook er up. By the way, any exhaust mods on your car? Do you still run the stock crossflow exhaust, DP, and turbo elbow?

Went to NED Friday night. There was a Legacy GT there. Don't know what year. Had at least and exhaust mod on it. Ran 14.7. My pure stock 04 Max runs 14.6....
All WRXs ran in the mid 13 range as well as the EVOs there.
A Lexus IS-F ran a 12.7
Some C5 Corvette with a centrifical supercharger ran an 11.2@147(!) with no traction on drag radials, he had to walk it out to the 330' mark.

Good to hear. Lou will hook er up. By the way, any exhaust mods on your car? Do you still run the stock crossflow exhaust, DP, and turbo elbow?

Exhaust on mine is all original and stock back to the mufflers. The cat is original and there's a 20 year old pair of rusted out and dented up turbo mufflers on there from a previous owner....I know I have some restrictions there...I'll be going Hooker cat back and replacing the cat with a high flow soon.

I'm also all stock on the intake side up to my power plate. The stuff in my signature are the only mods on the car....and yes...I've done the full spring cleaning.
:)

WOOOWW. That's crazy. It's been a long time since I've seen a bone stocker like that on here lol. (or anywhere for that matter.) MAN, if you did a maf pipe with filter, dutt neck, down pipe and exhaust, you'd probably **** yourself when you mashed the throttle after that round of mods lol.

Mine was bone stock (the 86) when I pick it up except for a new cat and a K&N filter..I dumped most of the 20 year old crap first...well except for the valve springs :rolleyes:

Mine was bone stock (the 86) when I pick it up except for a new cat and a K&N filter..I dumped most of the 20 year old crap first...well except for the valve springs :rolleyes:

Jim, you still havent changed those valvesprings yet?!?

Dont feel bad, I havent either...:frown: