Commitment List for Noble - October 16th 2010

Well there is a slight chance I'll get to bring the car, in slower fashion.

My dad has a standard non turbo 3.8 and some turbo pistons. We are going to try to throw it together, I am gonna run a smaller turbo than my 67 and we will see what that does. The thrash to get it done begins today, thankfully I am on vacation so I will have some time to get it built and put together, but not sure I'll have the time to do much fine tuning before the event.

Cross the fingers :tongue:

Man! Now that is some dedication right there! It would be hard for me not to be overly discouraged after all that hard work was trashed. :cool:

Man! Now that is some dedication right there! It would be hard for me not to be overly discouraged after all that hard work was trashed. :cool:

I was sick at my stomach the first day. I never got mad, but I was just really crushed that it went down.

I got one head off (the driver's, which is the side the damage happened). It doesn't look anything hit the head, and the top half of the piston is still in tact and not broken:confused::confused::confused:

I am going to haul the car to my dad's shop, get it on the lift, yank the motor out and start on the new motor.

Project: Maypop has begun :eek:

I need help in locating Terry Thompson who was our Number 6 qualifier last year and I don't have any contact information on him or whether he is racing or not.

If you know him, please find out out if he is planning to race again this year.

Just found out Bobby Don is headed to Noble again this year.

Phil Engle

Will: I respect your tenacity and effort to get your car fixed.

Phil Engle

I wouldn't call it tenacity, I would call it being too dumb to stay down :eek:

I need help in locating Terry Thompson who was our Number 6 qualifier last year and I don't have any contact information on him or whether he is racing or not.

If you know him, please find out out if he is planning to race again this year.

Just found out Bobby Don is headed to Noble again this year.

Phil Engle

Terry Thompson is a buddy of mine. He is on my forum, here are his remarks about this year's shootout.

I am so ready to put the smack down on some Fords!
fan.gif
roxor.gif

He's coming, and he's gonna be faster in all likelihood. He's been hitting it with 2 stages lately and ran some high 5s in the 1/8th in Wichita Falls.

I also heard a rumor about an orange Buick from up north possibly making it :biggrin:

I also heard a rumor about an orange Buick from up north possibly making it :biggrin:

If Charlie Brown shows up at Noble on Friday the 15th, you're probably right about the arrival of the Great Pumpkin.:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm going to be making a mad dash as well. My trans is coming in on Monday supposedly. Hopefully the car will be up and running for Sat, may try to come up Fri night for TnT. If not, I'll tow Clay's GN up and he will run it and his GTO, that way we wont lose a number.

Russ: Hope you get your car done but your backup plan is great and shows great team support by you and Clay.

There is more excitement about this Shootout than any I've seen and I went to my first one in 2000.

See you next weekend.

Phil Engle

Nebraska delagation of three is still on track with 2 9sec. cars and 1 low 10. Next year we will have 4 comin down!

Glad to see all three of you are coming. Have a safe and enjoyable trip down and it'll be good to see all of you.

I believe this will be best Shootout we've ever had. Should be some great racing.

Headed to the track tonight to dial mine in after a few changes.

Phil Engle

I guess I won't be able to make it after all. I've never been able to attend and thought this would be the year. Took the car out and on the third eighth mile pass the front pump broke in the transmission. Just my luck, got the converter sent off as it was full of trash might get it back in time but will not have the transmission back from Lonnie by then. :(

We're bringin several 9-10 sec. cars from the Amarillo area. Then headin out to the GS Nationals after Noble.:wink:

I'm probably out also, went to the track last night to check everything out (haven't raced since Noble last year) broke the drive shaft and front yoke, not sure of the tranny damage yet, it's leaking a little on the front end of the tranny. We'll see how it looks today and go from there.
TK

I'm probably out also, went to the track last night to check everything out (haven't raced since Noble last year) broke the drive shaft and front yoke, not sure of the tranny damage yet, it's leaking a little on the front end of the tranny. We'll see how it looks today and go from there.
TK

Hope it's just the ds and yoke, Todd. That sucks. I have my shortblock built, gonna take today off and then put it all the way together and in the car tomorrow.

If you don't have a car to race, are you gonna come anyway?

Well, ended up cracking the tranny case, broke tranny mount, ds and yoke. Not sure if I'll go still or not. I'm not gonna try to get the car fixed in 4 days, its sucks more not being able to go to Noble than just having the car broke.
By the way, a 21 lb launch will give a stock ds hell.

Well, ended up cracking the tranny case, broke tranny mount, ds and yoke. Not sure if I'll go still or not. I'm not gonna try to get the car fixed in 4 days, its sucks more not being able to go to Noble than just having the car broke.
By the way, a 21 lb launch will give a stock ds hell.

Todd: Sorry to hear about your car and that you may not be here. You could probably be a big help in the pit areas with tuning issues, etc. I hope you still come since there seems to be more excitement about this race that any I've been to in the last 10 years.

21# launch with my convertor; it gets me a 1.684 60':eek:
Replacement should be here by Thursday.

Phil Engle

What tranny are you using Todd? If it's a 400 I think I can find you a case today if you want it.

Forgot to say I'm in Hillsboro so I'm not that far away if you want to come get it.