10.68 @124.72 w/unopened factory longblock

Mr Spool,.......here is the timeslip data:
60 ft. 1.50
1/8et-6.77
1/8mph-101
1/4et-10.68
1/4mph-124.72

Hey Brian !:biggrin: Thanks !
I appreciate the encouragment. I couldn't have done it without the AWESOME trans you built for me. That thing shifts just right and runs like a clock......never misses a beat! In the 2004-r tranny world, that trans is 2nd to............ NONE !
Thanks, again !!

Scott..................Since I first saw your GN in Bowling Green, I,ve always thought our cars are so similar, they must have been twins separated @ birth.
Almost identical build-ups, mileage, wt.,etc.
On the 10.68 pass my boost ga.( 35# autometer) was just ticklin the 35# mark thru-out the run.:eek: . Not a place to be for the faint at heart !

87' GN-factory stock unopened longblock:TA-62 turbo,CAS V-2 f/ mount IC, "TinMan" Cold-air intake, 55# inj., XP Dbl. pumper, 9/11 convertor, Trans by "BRIAN" Hofer, 3.5" maf & Trans+, best 1/4 10.68@124.72 / best 60' 1.46( slicks),
best 1/8-6.77@101 mph

Al

Hey Al,
I'm one of the Mississippi boys that ran against you a few years ago in TSS at Bowling Green. I'm pretty sure you and I were the only two cars with unopened engines in the class. It's good to see your car's still flying! BTW......I got your 10.68 beat by .02 seconds! ;)

Scott

Where the hell have you been... :confused:

K.

Thanks, Keith!
Thanks, J&K!

Sweet6...I launch basically the same as Stangbanger. But at about 10# boost on the E-brake. Just be careful! Timing is eveything here! ...........and you'll need slicks !

Ted........8.42 @164+ is really flyin, man !!!:eek:
I didn't hear about that event( M13) till after the fact. Would've liked to have been there. Sounds like you and Dave R both had a good day there.
I'm looking forward to seeing you both lay down some new personal bests again next Spring !!

Al,

How about a motor shot for us?
That is a very impressive pass, congratulations.

Engine Pic

Tinman asked me to post this picture of his engine for him.

Any questions should be directed his way. :cool:

als_gn__engine_pics_10-08_006.jpg

Awesome great runs!!! Gives me some hope with my stocker. I guess I have to turn up the boost!!!! Im still at 10.90's @121 with mine@ 28psi. I havent pushed it for the last 2 seasons thinking thats all it had in it. I messed with the timing a bit last time out and went 11.00 on drag radials with the sixty off more than a tenth,fastest its been on radials. Tranny is going back to Brian Hofer for a freshen up. I have to get a bar in the car and start messing with it next season,you guys give me alot of ambition!!! Wish I was closer to see the runs!!

Hey,Johnny O/Kill !
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the encouragement!

1NASTY69Z,
Thanks! You're laying down some serious numbers too. From this point it's all in the fine tuning(and the 60ft.). Proceed slowly. use plenty of octane( or alky)and just inch up on the boost slowly.
You've got a sweet lookn T there. Nice launch !
Keep us posted next Spring when you get her out. We all gotta keep each other motivated. Good Luck !!
**BTW, Those Brian Hofer Trans' are the Whip aren't they !!! ....I love mine!

Al "TinMan" Tylkowski

Hey,Johnny O/Kill !
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the encouragement!

1NASTY69Z,
Thanks! You're laying down some serious numbers too. From this point it's all in the fine tuning(and the 60ft.). Proceed slowly. use plenty of octane( or alky)and just inch up on the boost slowly.
You've got a sweet lookn T there. Nice launch !
Keep us posted next Spring when you get her out. We all gotta keep each other motivated. Good Luck !!
**BTW, Those Brian Hofer Trans' are the Whip aren't they !!! ....I love mine!

Al "TinMan" Tylkowski

Thanks,you gave me some hope....I just hope it stays together lol. I still have the stock timing chain and gears LOL...I just changed wheels got a 15x8 on the back now,was a 15x7,with a 28x9 inch slick. I want to fit 28x10's on it and weld in my wolf race craft bar.Not sure if I will get the roll bar in for next season or not,I will just have to deal with getting booted from time to time. Also added glass bumpers. I run 93 and alky,Im going to start creeping on the boost and if ya want to give some advise on timimg my pm box has alot of room in it;) . And Brians trannys kick a$$....Jim

is it just me or do you lose significant time when letting the front end go so high that it's bouncing at almost half track.

Spring is here and I have a feeling that 10.66 is about to be beat! Our local track opens in a few weeks...Tinman are you ready? I have my camera ready!!!

Mr B/C,

HMMM. Sounds like a dare to me!
Need to get my ducks in a row first, but you'll be the 1st to know when I'm ready to go.;)

Al
TinMan Performance Products