CPT 66 Turbo???

I had a bb cpt 61 and switched to the 66 in my sig. Changed the turbo and converter with no other changes and temps about 40 degrees warmer I picked up 8 tenths!!! I love the 66...

Yes in my opinion a 66 and a 3400 NL may not be the cheapest on gas, but like others have said. It depends on what you want to do with it. Decide that and then call Jack and trust his judgement.
I am not a good example for streetability, with the adjustable 4 link it rides like a go cart, runs 116 and 30 lbs of boost. I really don't know how many gals to the mile :smile: I get and I think that is just fine.

real a good tight 3400 stall n/l is fine on the street i run one.a good turbo converter wont be lose until a little boost gets on it so its not like you give it gas and flash 3400 at every stoplight

Yes in my opinion a 66 and a 3400 NL may not be the cheapest on gas, but like others have said. It depends on what you want to do with it. Decide that and then call Jack and trust his judgement.
I am not a good example for streetability, with the adjustable 4 link it rides like a go cart, runs 116 and 30 lbs of boost. I really don't know how many gals to the mile :smile: I get and I think that is just fine.

I have always pushed the streetability thing myself.Right now Im selling my 1969 original SS 396 Camaro.I have 150 jets for the nitrous but rarely used it because of tuning issues.:rolleyes: The car is fun as heck but I need the money right now.Anyway your 66 with the 3400 NL probably still gets triple the gas mileage of my Camaro.Right now I have the 44 and I have not come close to tuning that right.I use to be the guy who bought all the parts first without waiting.Im gonna put in a RJC valve and get a chip for these 009's.My car has a 3000 modified D5 and spools no where near as quick as the stocker.Maybe the big front mount Intercooler I have has something to do with it.If I don't need a 3200 converter that would save me money and I can save up for the CPT 66BB.

real a good tight 3400 stall n/l is fine on the street i run one.a good turbo converter wont be lose until a little boost gets on it so its not like you give it gas and flash 3400 at every stoplight

Is your converter an Art Carr?? Yeah heck if I got 18 MPG it wouldn't bother me.I did do a dumb thing by putting in 3:73 Gear's about 10 years ago.The strange thing about that was with a 26 Inch tall tire and laggy as Hell 60-1 HI FI Turbo which I think is now is called old Tech.That thing really pulled good with the 26 Inch tire.The only thing is that it was a bitch to launch from a stop with my modified 3000 12Inch D5.When I bought the TE-44 and took it out the first time that was the first time from a stop that I could notice my front hood rising up after letting go on 3lbs of boost.I was running a 28 Inch BFG Drag Radials.Thats what I got on there now.Im praying this RJC valve helps at least 25% with spool up.I will be going to the track and searching for Turbo Buick's with the CPT 66 Turbo.Thats the best way to get an indication is buy seeing the configuration up close.I live like 7 miles away from Maple Grove Raceway but I don't know if they have any upcoming Turbo Regal nights scheduled.I know ATCO does but thats about 3 hours away from me.:cool:

The car is fun as heck but I need the money right now.Anyway your 66 with the 3400 NL probably still gets triple the gas mileage of my Camaro.

I would have a hard time selling the 69. I have sold too many old rides that are priced WAY too high now. Oh, for the old days of .30 a gal 110 octane gas. (But then I am not sure I want to work for .75 an hour again)

The car is fun as heck but I need the money right now.Anyway your 66 with the 3400 NL probably still gets triple the gas mileage of my Camaro.

I would have a hard time selling the 69. I have sold too many old rides that are priced WAY too high now. Oh, for the old days of .30 a gal 110 octane gas. (But then I am not sure I want to work for .75 an hour again)

For the last 5 years I have not looked at high they sky rocketed.I put an ad in and didn't know what they were going for and I got like 10 calls in a week.I raised it $6,600 and not 1 call since.It was taken off line because I was waiting for a picture to update.Im seeing my car going for $35K and up.Mine is up in the mid 20's.I have the Z-28 stripes and its about 70-80% restored.I don't think they will be appreciating like they have been for the past 5 to 7 years though.If Im wrong then I will be sorry.

mine is not an art car its a redneck racing converter.you can get them off ebay they are from texas.i would normally not get something like a converter off of ebay but 2 guys from here run them and they love them one from a big-block and one behind a small-block. PaCemkr86 has seen them run in fords with good luck also.its a 9.5 non lock up with ballon plates and bearings and brazed fins for 275 dollars.cannt beat it.i pulled a pats converter out for this one.the pats is a lock up ill sell it for 200 if ya want it.it stalled like 2400 on 0 pounds of boost

mine is not an art car its a redneck racing converter.you can get them off ebay they are from texas.i would normally not get something like a converter off of ebay but 2 guys from here run them and they love them one from a big-block and one behind a small-block. PaCemkr86 has seen them run in fords with good luck also.its a 9.5 non lock up with ballon plates and bearings and brazed fins for 275 dollars.cannt beat it.i pulled a pats converter out for this one.the pats is a lock up ill sell it for 200 if ya want it.it stalled like 2400 on 0 pounds of boost

I get confused because I have always been a manual Trans owner until I got my Buick.Pats coverter is only a 2400 stall speed?? Im having trouble getting boost with my TE-44 with a restalled 3000 stock D5.It does not spool near as quick as a stocker does and I am told it should.Maybe its my ESP front mount Intercooler?? Its not terrible lag but just a little soft when the gas is punched.I was thinking about a 3200 9.5 Inch single disc Vigilante for the 44.

no 2400 is what would stall at 0 pounds of boost before i redid my brakes.it would start spining the tires at 0 pounds.when i changed converters while it was on the rack i fixed the brakes and can 10 psi footbraking for sure.i havent tried any higher yet.stall speed is a direct product of horsepower as your boost comes up your hp increases and makes the same converter stall more.i dont have a trans brake yet i havent decided if im gonna go to a 400 or not yet.oh if your gonna do a 3200 for the 44 that converter would work on the bb 66 i believe.50 shot on it and your restalled d5 would proably work also.

on second thought if ya can live with 3200 why not 3400 its only 200 rpm?

Well there's a guy on here using a 3600 but no way am I going that high unless I was rich and didn't have to worry about gas mileage,streetability and of course a blown motor.:cool:

Also since I have 3:73's and a 28 Inch tall tire I could always try the 26 Inch tall tire if I felt the 66 Turbo was a bit laggy on the street.I did this with my 60-1 HI FI and it made a big difference.Im not comparing old tech to new tech now.:cool: That 60-1 was a terrible spooling Turbo with my 3000 D5.:mad:

Well there's a guy on here using a 3600 but no way am I going that high unless I was rich and didn't have to worry about gas mileage,streetability and of course a blown motor.:cool:

now that 400 rpm more thats a whole different ball game lol:tongue:

no 2400 is what would stall at 0 pounds of boost before i redid my brakes.it would start spining the tires at 0 pounds.when i changed converters while it was on the rack i fixed the brakes and can 10 psi footbraking for sure.i havent tried any higher yet.stall speed is a direct product of horsepower as your boost comes up your hp increases and makes the same converter stall more.i dont have a trans brake yet i havent decided if im gonna go to a 400 or not yet.oh if your gonna do a 3200 for the 44 that converter would work on the bb 66 i believe.50 shot on it and your restalled d5 would proably work also.

Kings I thought you were against nitrous for Turbo Buicks?? Also did you mean a 50 shot with my 3000 stall with the TE-44 or did you mean the 66 Turbo with the 3200 converter???

IMHO a 3400-3600 is a little much for the 66. I blew the tires off the car on the street. New 275/60/15 MT DR's. A 5 lb launch on the street was not doable. MT DR's are way stickier than BFG's. You will have serious traction issues with the BFG's. You will be very happy with the 66 if you listen to Jack.It is not a magic turbo, meaning that it is not going to WOW you without other mods. You will need new injectors, chip,tuning, tuning, tuning. Oh, and some alky. Do yourself a favor and get Razors Alky kit, its a blast!! Call Jack , he can hook you up.

Bryan

Yeah Alky is the next thing on my list.I haven't even gotten my 44 tuned in yet with these 009 injector's.I wonder if the TT chip can really solve the rich running 009's especially down low.:cool:

I got over 20 MPG highway in my GN with an Art Carr 16930 NL, spooled a non BB TE63-1 just fine as well. A "big" converter doesn't kill streetability like many would like you to believe. I would use the car to drive to work occasionally and it was a daily driver for a couple months when my old Suburban got wrecked.

Just to add here, I'm running the CPT66 BB with a 3500 stall LOCKUP convertor. I pulled off a TE44(non BB) that I was temporarily running on the car, and there is very little difference in spoolup between the two. Both put the car sideways on the road in short order when you'd floor it. And, recently on a 150 mile round trip I managed 23 mpg with the 66 turbo.

Just to add here, I'm running the CPT66 BB with a 3500 stall LOCKUP convertor. I pulled off a TE44(non BB) that I was temporarily running on the car, and there is very little difference in spoolup between the two. Both put the car sideways on the road in short order when you'd floor it. And, recently on a 150 mile round trip I managed 23 mpg with the 66 turbo.

A 3500 LU converter might be alot more street friendly for a daily driver then a NL.What 3500 LU converter do you have??