CPT 66 Turbo???

tt has just come out with a chip that if you have a powerlogger then get urself a wideband and this chip can do wideband corrections meaning you set what air fuel ratio you want and the chip can make adjustments itself.this equals easier tuning and better running because the car will only use what it needs for the a/f ratio you set.

I have 009s too and with a built motor Eric said careful with revs near 6000 (might go lean). 60s all the way!

Yes, the $995.00 is with the 4" S cover.... it is $100.00 more for the T cover which is also a 4" cover.. just a little larger outside diameter. The beauty of the Turbonetics turbo is we do not need the added expense of water cooling or special oil filter kits... lots of savings there as well as the initial cost of the turbo..

That's a great deal! Wish I had the flow :( . Anyway thanks Jack!

I have 009s too and with a built motor Eric said careful with revs near 6000 (might go lean). 60s all the way!

I can never tell if my car runs lean.I think it runs rich down low in 1st gear and at idle.I guess a knock detector is a must.Also I don't have a TT chip for my 009's.I have CNC Raceheads but stock shortblock and cam.I thought the 009's would be plenty for my car on the street with 18lbs of Boost with the TE-44.I have a Jay Carter chip for my 009's.Runs great off the footbrake but lazier then a stock Turbo with the Stock Converter.

On scanmaster knock will cause retard, which is on right side of display. O2 only reads at WOT. If I remember correctly, push the left button to see lowest O2 and highest retard and push right button at the same time to see at what speed each happened and adjust from there. I used to have mine adjusted to 780 at about 80mph for street use and would increase FP for track to make it 780 to 790 at what every speed I go through the traps.

Damn, just caught up on this, I'm way behind here in the shop.... I see I could spend lots of time responding to this thread. Let me try to answer this as efficiently as possible. The 66 series BB turbos are my favorite, we know that already, the 6765 is pretty much a similar turbo with some components most likely shared. ;) I like and sell the PTE turbos as well, they are excellent turbos and Harry has taken care of us and the Buick community for a long time. I just prefer the Turbonetics version for the many reasons I have listed here and in other threads.

Do we need a 3400 stall, non lock convertor for it to work .... no. Would it be nice.... yes. Usually 3200-3400 stall lock up or non-lock up work fine. I just know that non lock up is my favorite, I like and sell the real Art Carr convertors as well as PTC and Pro-torque, the convertor choice depends on what my customers needs and requirements are. And yes.. you will make more power at 18lbs.... but I highly recommend we get you into Alky injection... you sound like you want to make power on the street, it only makes sense to do it with Alky.. and do it safely. Also, a turbos spoolup and power really is dependant on the surrounding combination one has.. a 66 with a stock convertor is not gonna work very well... a \good inter cooler also affect power and spool up, we also found using a 4" inlet pipe instead of a 3" pipe made a big differance in spool up, I was surprised as Brian L made the change and gave us that info...
Hi Mr. Cotton my CPT66 has metal missing off the blades, and i called today, just need to know where to send it to for repair?

After reading this thread I'm not sure if it's about the 66 turbo anymore?? Chips, injectors, converters, too high stall...... Why not get a TT chip for the 009's or upgarde to the Mototrons start tuning the car?? You have a very nice street set up. The 44 is a proven turbo time after time.I think you need to start tuning the car to get the results that are lacking.Sounds like there are tuning issues, by adding a larger turbo the car won't run any better. Get some kind of datalogging/WBO2 and go from there.When you max it out then look into spending the $$ on a larger turbo.......... Not busting any balls, but,learn and maximize what you have first before going bigger. It's not always better.

It is starting to smoke. :p It is not bad. I was going to pull it off this year anyway. So this turbo sale pushed me over the edge. :cool: I just ordered the 66BB P-trim from Jack.

How did that turbo work out for you?

EDIT: Just noticed you haven't really had time to find out in another thread. Thanks anyway

I just got my ptc non lockup with 66BB drives like a restalled D5!! I am so impressed that it drives threw intersection's with minimal gas pedal.WOW I was worried but couldn't be happier!!

mike

I just got my ptc non lockup with 66BB drives like a restalled D5!! I am so impressed that it drives threw intersection's with minimal gas pedal.WOW I was worried but couldn't be happier!!

mike
Enjoy! We almost have the same combo, but i dont have the 70TB,good luck.

mike

Most dont believe mine till they get a ride or see the data logs. About 5% slip at light cruise.

Most dont believe mine till they get a ride or see the data logs. About 5% slip at light cruise.[/QUOTE

Ya crazy I'm a believer now....I think I drove my buddy nuts on what its driving manners would be like before we installed it.