Do i have enough fuel to run E85

I've never ran e85 so I may be wrong but I seem to recall people turning up fuel pressure to bring there duty cycle down on 93octane. Assuming you're willing to tune around it that would be an option I suppose...

I got some 95#'s for sale for $250 for 8 of them. 2 of them are brand new. I went mid 10's in the quarter with them and e85 and stock lines. Op should buy them off me lol.

I had a failing pump on my double pumper when running those. I was maxed out duty cycle wise. I upgraded lines, injectors and pumps after that so I don't know how far 95's will actually go.

You can not use the 1/8th to 1/4 mile argument with the fuel supply imo. The car will be under a lot more rpm and load at the end of the 1/4 than 1/8. Just because your car has enough at the 1/8 doesn't mean it has enough at the 1/4. Been there, done that.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
After looking back, I was high 10's not mid 10's at 130. Unprepared track for "Street race night"

Let's see if this post goes un-answered.....

What does a 130mph pull on E85 with 80LB injectors look like?

When the car goes through the traps, what are the results for these engine parameters:
Engine RPM
Injector Duty Cycle
Fuel Pressure
Boost Pressure
Air / Fuel Ratio
Commanded Timing

You mean about 124 at 10.80....that was the question asked by the original poster....

Sent from my HTC One using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Make sure you read the original post carefully....130 isn't mentioned.

Sent from my HTC One using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Here is at the finish line with gasoline and no volt booster log still screen...power is clean it is drawn thru a 30a relay from the battery in the trunk same terminal that alt charge wire is connected to...
Don't get the wrong idea here I run E-85 95% of the time as my car at 15psi will still kill most cars on the street and its usually a dollar cheaper per gal than 87 here in MN
160's and I'll be set for life;)
-Dan
P.S. what target afr are you shooting for with E-85?
XFI uses a true E-85 afr scale and the motor likes 7.8-80 target at WOT and idles at 10.0
I'm sure you non XFI guys are tuning E-85 using a gas afr scale:D
I am a HUGE E-85 believer and after all these years have STILL never blown a headgasket...hows that for "tuning":punch:

So your running the self-learning mode at WOT?

I have deleted most of my bad runs but I did find one with some data...
d/c at 100% with xfi adding 22.7% addl fuel and target still not near actual
This was with my older smaller turbo (te45a)
When I went to my 67/65 this is when this occurrence happened at even a lower rpm and boost level...this engine wants to eat up some fuel!
This type of data is what I have based my results off of...I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying it didn't work for me!:DView attachment 213793
-Dan
What size of injectors are you planning on running/switching to? That motor seems to love the E85 and wants more to drink... You could probably get some more with 16V running through there.

Well darn someone tell Eric to stop lying with his advertisements on his 80lb injector and chip combos for E85 then.... I sure wont as ive seen it and i know its true lol If you dont want to believe us that have seen this done and done it and it takes a familiar name from someone in the VERY small buick community for you to believe it then there ya go. Eric has done more for this community by far then anyone ive heard get name dropped to try and back there posts up yet!

This has went full retard and u never go full retard.... SO Im out... You all have fun arguing. I should have listened to another VERY respected name in this small community that warned me about this on these forums... I tried to help and all it came to was twisting #s around, People speculating about others SPECULATING, people trying to prove each other wrong etc.... Like a bunch of immature grade school kids arguing trying to prove each other wrong lol. The answer is simple and was answered many many post ago as Nakamichiman stated. Which was can 80s go 10.80s on E85... and YES, YES THEY CAN!! No one said will they have X% duty left etc...

Remember, You will need Eric's SD chip to run E85 w/80s and into the 10s. He has stated that. Your not going to do that with his standard chip. It is in the tune and Eric can really tune that SD.....

Last edited:
No offense .. but your still looking at SOFTWARE for your tuning

What were you using 25 years ago before XFI's and widebands were available at the local 711

... and with E85 it would take a CATASTROPHIC tuning F UP to unload a head gasket...

your using DC to fuel your car ... not your BIG FUEL SYSTEM

Hahahaahaha so technology and data actually is hindering mankind!!!!

GM FORD and CHRYSLER should stop using software too I guess.....

What's bad is im sure people have read this got the wrong info and are going to be disappointed. They will come back and post there result and get bashed for saying they can't tune. As Gaston bought up Eric said you need a SD chip to get into the 10's. Big difference between that an a standard chip most will buy.

Remember, You will need Eric's SD chip to run E85 w/80s and into the 10s. He has stated that. Your not going to do that with his standard chip. It is in the tune and Eric can really tune that SD.....

Must've got wires crossed somewhere... no need for an SD chip for 10's... or 9's for that matter. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Eric

Must've got wires crossed somewhere... no need for an SD chip for 10's... or 9's for that matter. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Eric

Not to argue with Eric........ I seem not to be able to find the post or conversation that I am speaking about..... But here is a similar one that Eric stated that he has ran 11.5 with 60#.. So with that said, a car with the right tune will be able to make it work.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...ctors-enough-to-match-up-with-a-te-44.402988/

Let's see if this post goes un-answered.....

What does a 130mph pull on E85 with 80LB injectors look like?

When the car goes through the traps, what are the results for these engine parameters:
Engine RPM
Injector Duty Cycle
Fuel Pressure
Boost Pressure
Air / Fuel Ratio
Commanded Timing
I would really like to see this info also...

Not to argue with Eric........ I seem not to be able to find the post or conversation that I am speaking about..... But here is a similar one that Eric stated that he has ran 11.5 with 60#.. So with that said, a car with the right tune will be able to make it work.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...ctors-enough-to-match-up-with-a-te-44.402988/

No problem. I was simply talking about whether or not an SD chip is required, not about the fuel requirements.
Eric

Eric

I wanted to chime in that a stock ECM and standard chip should work, but I've never done it. I know others have been 9's on a stock ECM before SD was available, but that was on race gas or pump gas/alky. I couldn't see why an E85 chip couldn't do the same.

Thanks for clearing up at least some of the misinformation in this thread.

What's bad is im sure people have read this got the wrong info and are going to be disappointed. They will come back and post there result and get bashed for saying they can't tune...

The truth! If you're not breaking records, you must be a bad tuner! I judge success by number of passes before breaking something myself, but that comes at the sacrifice of getting the best ET's/MPH's.

I have. ;)

I ran 6.6s through the 8th at 104-105MPH with a slipping trans at that.... That would more then cover the 10.80 at 124mph and be in the 10.5 range if not faster honestly especially with the trans not going out on me down the track :LOL:. Very similar setup to what BIGPSI is running as well. I was on Stock engine, stock headers. Base FP at 50psi on my accufab regulator, dual intank walbros, stock lines and of course 80lb injectors i bought from Eric at TT. I think you will be fine if you are happy where the car is power wise anyways.... U can always go up in size with the injector but its not absolutely nessesary at this power level. If it were me knowing what ive seen with my own car and tuning on this fuel for 7+ years with multiple engines.... id just retune/chip for the 80s and save the $. Unless i had plans to upgrade the fuel system and go with larger injectors to support added power potential.
How come you run such a high base FP?