Do i have enough fuel to run E85

No offense .. but your still looking at SOFTWARE for your tuning

What were you using 25 years ago before XFI's and widebands were available at the local 711

... and with E85 it would take a CATASTROPHIC tuning F UP to unload a head gasket...

your using DC to fuel your car ... not your BIG FUEL SYSTEM
Can you explain the last part of your post to me? Does it mean that after the d.c. is up over 100% you're getting the extra fuel needed from the flow of the fuel system?

How come you run such a high base FP?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
To get enough fuel to run those small injectors to that pwr level.

And BTW to the guy that stated 8th to 1/4 on fuel system... Yes i agree that u can drain it going a little further if your pumps are draining and/or u dont have fuel for higher RPM... i have experienced this before lol... I have been doing this stuff for 2 DECADES i wouldn't talk about something i couldnt back up and KNOW for 100% before opening my mouth. Now where im from the closest 1/4 is 2 hours away and i stay very busy with my work tuning cars for multiple shops as well as my own customers and on top of that i do a little travling tuning and also bass fishing so that is a few reasons i never got around to taking it to the 1/4 as i realy could have cared less at the time to be honest. If i had known it was going to be doubted and people get butt hurt and make such a big deal about it like a grade school kid crying to the teacher like someone stole their basket ball at recess i would have made the trip to prove the nay sayers wrong! Im not trying to give mis information on here, i dont want to argue this FACT any longer to be honest, i am just simply telling you what my car has done on 80s and E85. Doubt it if you want thats your issue i guess.. But coming in here and act like im telling a tall tale to me is very disrespectful and not something i would do to others when i wasn't there and know NOTHING about said car. Some of you are so hell bent on trying to disprove something you either cant do or havent done when others have done it and others even state it can be done on their products they sell. And no i couldnt have done this on 50 psi of ral pressure going down the track.. yes i had to run a lot of pressure and modify the reliefe valves on the pumps to do it. But the car fueled to where it didnt lean out. Would i suggest everyone do this or would i tune a customers car to where it was on the line of being out of injector?? NO! But i sure will and did my own car this way!!

Now i have stated i never ran my car on a 1/4 mile track and this is true! BUT we do run on the streets here.... and i had enough fuel to run it up to 6-6200RPM before it would start to nose over enough from lack of POWER not fuel to where it was going lean in that high of RPM with the STOCK ENGINE and finally just let it go to overdrive..... and never leaned the car out or hurt it due to it. I had this car well above 140mph MANY MANY times without hurting it playing around out on the streets with it... That's faster then it would have ever trapped in the 1/4 on that setup thats for sure!! Now did i ever state the injectors were not done or they have 30% duty cycle left?? NO! The injectors were pretty much tapped out and i was on some high fuel pressure to get this done! But thats not the issue here. The issue is did the car have the fuel to do this and yes it did plain and simple... Tested MANY times. Sorry i dont have the serial # of the injectors and footage of me installing them.... logs for you to look at and footage without the camera ever tunring off... Like make a pass and then keep the camera on to show u they were 80lbs injectors which seems like this is what it would take to shut this pointless bickering down!! LOL i mean really.... Its like im on trial here for sharing my TRUE story of what my car did. Wow... really just WOW!!

I should have listened to a very respected guy in the Buick community when he said this forum was full of nay sayers and if you did something they havent done look out as it will be a shit storm. Well i can now say i know EXACTLY what he was talking about.... sadly. So sorry for being truthful and sharing my experience. I really didnt expect people to have such a fit about this. Unbelievable!!!!

To get enough fuel to run those small injectors to that pwr level.

And BTW to the guy that stated 8th to 1/4 on fuel system... Yes i agree that u can drain it going a little further if your pumps are draining and/or u dont have fuel for higher RPM... i have experienced this before lol... I have been doing this stuff for 2 DECADES i wouldn't talk about something i couldnt back up and KNOW for 100% before opening my mouth. Now where im from the closest 1/4 is 2 hours away and i stay very busy with my work tuning cars for multiple shops as well as my own customers and on top of that i do a little travling tuning and also bass fishing so that is a few reasons i never got around to taking it to the 1/4 as i realy could have cared less at the time to be honest. If i had known it was going to be doubted and people get butt hurt and make such a big deal about it like a grade school kid crying to the teacher like someone stole their basket ball at recess i would have made the trip to prove the nay sayers wrong! Im not trying to give mis information on here, i dont want to argue this FACT any longer to be honest, i am just simply telling you what my car has done on 80s and E85. Doubt it if you want thats your issue i guess.. But coming in here and act like im telling a tall tale to me is very disrespectful and not something i would do to others when i wasn't there and know NOTHING about said car. Some of you are so hell bent on trying to disprove something you either cant do or havent done when others have done it and others even state it can be done on their products they sell. And no i couldnt have done this on 50 psi of ral pressure going down the track.. yes i had to run a lot of pressure and modify the reliefe valves on the pumps to do it. But the car fueled to where it didnt lean out. Would i suggest everyone do this or would i tune a customers car to where it was on the line of being out of injector?? NO! But i sure will and did my own car this way!!

Now i have stated i never ran my car on a 1/4 mile track and this is true! BUT we do run on the streets here.... and i had enough fuel to run it up to 6-6200RPM before it would start to nose over enough from lack of POWER not fuel to where it was going lean in that high of RPM with the STOCK ENGINE and finally just let it go to overdrive..... and never leaned the car out or hurt it due to it. I had this car well above 140mph MANY MANY times without hurting it playing around out on the streets with it... That's faster then it would have ever trapped in the 1/4 on that setup thats for sure!! Now did i ever state the injectors were not done or they have 30% duty cycle left?? NO! The injectors were pretty much tapped out and i was on some high fuel pressure to get this done! But thats not the issue here. The issue is did the car have the fuel to do this and yes it did plain and simple... Tested MANY times. Sorry i dont have the serial # of the injectors and footage of me installing them.... logs for you to look at and footage without the camera ever tunring off... Like make a pass and then keep the camera on to show u they were 80lbs injectors which seems like this is what it would take to shut this pointless bickering down!! LOL i mean really.... Its like im on trial here for sharing my TRUE story of what my car did. Wow... really just WOW!!

I should have listened to a very respected guy in the Buick community when he said this forum was full of nay sayers and if you did something they havent done look out as it will be a shit storm. Well i can now say i know EXACTLY what he was talking about.... sadly. So sorry for being truthful and sharing my experience. I really didnt expect people to have such a fit about this. Unbelievable!!!!
So what size injectors would you recommend for someone running e85 with a goal of 10.50-10.8 who hasn't yet purchased injectors?

Blevins you hit the nail on the head.

The only reason people are nay-saying and freaking out is because of two reasons:
- members are being told they are lame tuners with messed up cars (NOT by you Blevins - I do not recall seeing you do this)
- members here are mostly accustomed to ~45psi static fuel pressure, and using larger injectors instead.

Running a higher pressure is fine and it's entirely up to the user to choose to do so, and to choose how high they want to go with it.

Back in the 90's before adjustable chips came out, fuel pressure was just about the only tuning knob that the average shmo had available.

Higher the pressure lower the volume, lower the pressure higher the volume.After watching my 50 lber on a Bench of Bruce (R.I.P.) years ago I will never run any injector past 80-85% (Gas or E 85).Most of all 50 LBers they simply misfire and lock up at high DC.BTW 130 MPH is more like 10.30. I run my car at 36 LB of base FP with one pump .Remember when the 2nd pump kicks in your FP goes up.I used to change Head gaskets in two hrs about every two weeks Have never blown one since I listened to Bruce and kept my DC down

I remember Bruce (RIP). He was the man. He helped me a lot and always had interesting stuff going on.

So what size injectors would you recommend for someone running e85 with a goal of 10.50-10.8 who hasn't yet purchased injectors?

Honestly i would go ahead and put 120s in it with a good fuel pump that can keep up as well. The Magnafuel 4303 does a great job, is safe for E85 use and will have absolutely NO problem supporting mid 9 second passes. And they will also really get down when u put some voltage to them! It's what i have on my Buick ATM.

Higher the pressure lower the volume, lower the pressure higher the volume.After watching my 50 lber on a Bench of Bruce (R.I.P.) years ago I will never run any injector past 80-85% (Gas or E 85).Most of all 50 LBers they simply misfire and lock up at high DC.BTW 130 MPH is more like 10.30. I run my car at 36 LB of base FP with one pump .Remember when the 2nd pump kicks in your FP goes up.I used to change Head gaskets in two hrs about every two weeks Have never blown one since I listened to Bruce and kept my DC down

This depends on the injectors.... Injector technology has come a long way these days.... There are injectors you can purchase now that love 100psi of fuel pressure believe it or not. They actually have a better spray pattern at 80-100psi then they would at 50psi. The new bosch high impedence injectors that ID and FIC sell are like this. I ran them in my little 2 liter 4 cylinder Mitsubishi Evolution that i daily drove for 5 years on pump E85 that made 800WHP on an AWD Mustang chassis dyno. And i never turned it down for my daily dutys... Not one engine or injector issue. Just make sure you stay up on the gunk that can build up on the tips of the injectors using E85 and if u have a doubt about them being dirty send them off to be cleaned and flowed. Small price to pay for a fuel that will support the power and exceed it even then 16$ a gallon VP C16 race fuel.... and NOT kill your o2 sensors every week while doing so ;)

Blevins you hit the nail on the head.

The only reason people are nay-saying and freaking out is because of two reasons:
- members are being told they are lame tuners with messed up cars (NOT by you Blevins - I do not recall seeing you do this)
- members here are mostly accustomed to ~45psi static fuel pressure, and using larger injectors instead.

Running a higher pressure is fine and it's entirely up to the user to choose to do so, and to choose how high they want to go with it.

Back in the 90's before adjustable chips came out, fuel pressure was just about the only tuning knob that the average shmo had available.

Thank you. I am not here to down on others... its not my thing. I think its ridiculous and very disrespectful to do actually. I posted in here to share my factual information and possibly help someone else. And i appologize if i came off a little strong at times..... It just gets frustrating lol

Remember though, pumps start flowing a lot less once you get into the 75+ psi range.

Remember though, pumps start flowing a lot less once you get into the 75+ psi range.

U are correct.... Take the walbro 255lph HP pump for example. They start dropping off pretty quickly after 80psi and are down about 20GPH from 40 to 80psi..... And most pump flow is rated at 43.5psi at 12V. :) Here is a flow chart on a 255lph HP walbro pump for those that are interested and want to see this. Just copy and paste the link into your browser or click on the link. http://www.ninjamotorsports.com/images/walbro/chart.jpg

I went over the fuel flow drop at higher pressure deal to an extent on post #41 i believe it was. But if 80psi gets u more fuel then 75psi then it is what it is. People need to tune on their cars and find what works best for their particular setup as a whole instead of just giving up and saying well its done..... As there are SO MANY variables to this. Just because a fuel pump is losing flow on a flow chart doesnt mean it wont give u more fuel at a higher pressure where flow is lower per flow test. Once again many variables....

You will need to modify your ECU to run bigger than 80s

Sent from my HTC One using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app