Dual ball bearing PTE turbos

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I honestly haven't been frequenting this board as much as I used to but we (PTE) introduced the new dual ball bearing turbos for the Buicks back at the Indy race. Yes that's right a DUAL ball bearing Garrett made CHRA. What does this mean to you? Well you can pretty much lower your stall requirements on all turbos by about 400 rpms or more. The overall transient response is alot quicker, turbos run cooler since they are water cooled, are more durable and tolerate more abuse, and increase overall efficiency.

I can do the following turbos in this format for the Buicks.

TE44
TE60
PT6131 with E or S cover
PT6776 with E, S, or H cover

Prices on these are $1199 for the 44, 60, and 61. Price is $1375 for the 67.

You'll be able to run the 44, 60, and even the 61 on a stock converter. The 67 will require a 3000-3200 stall. Please note we are still working on a water line kit for these but we do sell the universal kits that include the correct fittings and banjo bolts and tubes. You would just have to hook up your own lines going to the tubes. Cost on the kits are $75. Actuators for these whether heavy duty or standard are $82.

Awesome deal on Dual BB turbos.Seems a bit cheaper than turbonetics units.
Thanks PTE for stepping up
Cant wait till my Dual BB unit gets here!

d0n_3d said:
. The 67 will require a 3000-3200 stall. Please note we are still working on a water line kit for these but we do sell the universal kits that include the correct fittings and banjo bolts and tubes. You would just have to hook up your own lines going to the tubes. Cost on the kits are $75. Actuators for these whether heavy duty or standard are $82.

so a 3600 would be more then enough stall for a pt-67p dual ball bearing? If i got a 3600 is going for the GTQ wheel really needed or is the p trim fine?

Also for those with current xx67s, is it possible to upgrade to a Dual BB ??

Would it also be a good rebuild alternative ?

Why is PTE listed as a Retail Distributor and Limit Engineering listed as a Performance Distributor.

What's the difference in available product and warranty?

Which company would have better knowledge and product availability for our cars?

d0n_3d said:

TE44
TE60
PT6131 with E or S cover

QUOTE]

Don,

Thanks for the good news buddy.
Is there a reason that these BB turbos are not available with the larger
turbine wheels? Please have Rod update the web site

I just got my GT62 turbo in the mail today. In fact, it's still sitting IN THE BOX. Then I read this post. :cool:

If I can figure out a way to swap this one + cash for the 61 BB I'm game.

Super6 said:
i am interested in the 61. what is the E or S cover? thanks Bob

E cover is a 3" inlet 2" outlet just like on the TE series turbos
S cover is a 4" inlet 2.5" outlet

John Wilde said:
d0n_3d said:

TE44
TE60
PT6131 with E or S cover

QUOTE]

Don,

Thanks for the good news buddy.
Is there a reason that these BB turbos are not available with the larger
turbine wheels? Please have Rod update the web site

Reason being, Garrett hasn't released them! They only do small shaft T-series ball bearing right now. No date as to when they may release large shaft T-series.

salvageV6 said:
Why is PTE listed as a Retail Distributor and Limit Engineering listed as a Performance Distributor.

What's the difference in available product and warranty?

Which company would have better knowledge and product availability for our cars?

Why are you bringing up this question when you know very well it's going to be a biased opinion for each individual?

d0n_3d said:
Why are you bringing up this question when you know very well it's going to be a biased opinion for each individual?

Regarding my question, I have a GT61 new in the box from Limit. Maybe I read this wrong but these turbos are coming from limit too? Could I exchange my new in the box turbo + cash for one?

bishir said:
Regarding my question, I have a GT61 new in the box from Limit. Maybe I read this wrong but these turbos are coming from limit too? Could I exchange my new in the box turbo + cash for one?

As far as I'm concerned, a GT61 from Limit is the same as our PT6152. Those are not available in ball bearing. We only do the 6131 which is a slightly smaller exhaust wheel. We get the same stuff from Garrett that Limit does. In fact, they used to purchase most of their components from us. I'm not trying to seperate PTE from Limit...I'm just trying to put a statement out there saying that we can now sell these new turbos for you guys. Buicks aren't dead yet.

d0n_3d said:
As far as I'm concerned, a GT61 from Limit is the same as our PT6152. Those are not available in ball bearing. We only do the 6131 which is a slightly smaller exhaust wheel. We get the same stuff from Garrett that Limit does. In fact, they used to purchase most of their components from us. I'm not trying to seperate PTE from Limit...I'm just trying to put a statement out there saying that we can now sell these new turbos for you guys. Buicks aren't dead yet.

Yet... YET? NEVER! :D

Here is the turbo:
http://www.gulfcoastmuscle.org/bishir/picsandvids/Newstuff/DSC01878.JPG

I really don't know who it came from but I ordered it from Full Throttle and was having 2nd thoughts of going BB and eliminating the middle man. Not trying to cause problems, just that 6132 was looking attractive b/c I wouldnt' have to change converters soon.

d0n_3d said:
That is the same exact turbo I run on my car now only I have an S cover.

Oh, S cover snob! :p I couldn't justify the extra 100 or so espeically since I only had a 3" big mouth.