Dual ball bearing PTE turbos

JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
All BB units require water cooling.

All BB units require water cooling for street driving.
It is my understanding that you can run the GT series Garretts and the Innovatives 1/4 Mile at a time with out the H20.
I am not sure about the Turbonetics so I will not comment.
I have seen the GT42Rs run this way with out any issues.

For a drag car running short bursts you can run it without water. Turbonetics are no different, they can be run without water for short bursts as well. For street driving though...water is required.

I'm almost ready to by a smaller turbo and this one might be it.....
If someone has any experience with a 67BB with P and Q trims....
Converting my race car that is driven on the street to a street car that can be driven to the track.. :)
I run a T-76 Q trim .81 A/R
Looking at a 67BBgtq .81 or .63 A/R
I also have a 3400 pat's converter for the new turbo

Louie L. said:
My buddys Champion Iron headed TSM car has gone 10.ohs at 135mph(218 roller-ported stock intake-headers-front mount).

i have read just about all the information there is on this board and t6p.com. Seems like 135mph is the highest mph out of anyone using a 67 so far. Correct me if im wrong. I hope I am wrong, but if I'm not 135mph in the 1/4 is plunty for me and my goals!

Anyways looks like im gunna wait till this new duplex bb system comes out to make a final decision on a turbo. If not, im gunna get a 67 or a 66 large shaft, an .81-.85 ex. housing, probably p trim DBB and i'm still debating between GTQ and DBB. Heard also the limit eng. will take an old style te-45a and swap out the ex wheel for the gt wheel, thus having a 67 dbb or gtq, but with a large shaft. But then I also read the precision makes it a big shaft if you opt for the Q trim, does that sound right? My dream without getting confused here would be a 67Qdbb large shaft with an .81 or .85 ex housing.

Turbo231 said:
I'm almost ready to by a smaller turbo and this one might be it.....
If someone has any experience with a 67BB with P and Q trims....
Converting my race car that is driven on the street to a street car that can be driven to the track.. :)
I run a T-76 Q trim .81 A/R
Looking at a 67BBgtq .81 or .63 A/R
I also have a 3400 pat's converter for the new turbo
There is no 67 q trim just a P-Trim turbine in BB. There is also no big shaft BB at this time from garrett. The 67 P trim BB has gone 10.34 so far.
Mike

ty for clearing that up, its pretty confusing with all the different trims and sizes. I guess i was dreaming when i said pt-67 large shaft dbb :biggrin:

But I thought that the Innovative Turbo t-66DBB was a large shaft? :confused: :confused: And I guess that pt67 is not a large shaft even if you upgrade to GTQ from what I have HEARD, not really factoral.?? :confused: :confused:

Anyways Mike, that 10.3 is a sweet time whats your MPH at 10.3? Is that with the .63 or the .85 housing? And @ what boost, its gotta be above 23lbs rights? I hope that venders, and the experts here arn't getting mad with all my turbo questions. But I have learn alot and hope that the information keeps flowing. That is what I use this board for, is Q's and more Q's. Then ask some more Q's before you buy. Seems like that strategy has worked perfect for me. Many of my main purchases; tranny, turbo, motor, have all be one time deals and one time purchases. And I would like to keep it that way, buy smart, buy right, but most important BUY ONCE! Someone in college should definitly NOT OWN A GN! Too much money in this thing. EVEN in my wildest dreams i'll get this turbo, fix my oil leak, tune, and go run low 10's. But I'm sure once that happens, I'll want more and go build a stage motor :biggrin: :biggrin: It never stops! BUT I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

d0n_3d said:
Look...every manufacturer has their reasons why something is better...it's up to the end user to make the final decision as to who is really good and not. I'm not the type of sales person who has to blab on about why something is good or not. Nobody wants to hear it from me. They want to hear it from the people who have tried their product and know that it works. We haven't won so many championships in recent years for nothing you know. Just take a look at our website and look at all the famous names out there that use our stuff. I think there might be a good reason why. Because our stuff is PROVEN. Our name has been out there for many years and I just can't see someone bashing Garrett or PTE products without a shear legitimate reason why. So let's cut the crap and move on to why I even started this thread. Thanks.

I'll testify that your products kick a$$ out there in the field where it counts.

Ted A. said:
I'll testify that your products kick a$$ out there in the field where it counts.

Right on Ted... 9.20's with a 3 bolt 70 gtq I would say they are doing something right. It's funny how some guys in TSM are having a hard time running high 9's with a Turbonetics 70. I would think 8's are just around the corner with the 42/70. :eek: :eek: :eek:

XxDarkSidexX said:
Anyways Mike, that 10.3 is a sweet time whats your MPH at 10.3? Is that with the .63 or the .85 housing? And @ what boost, its gotta be above 23lbs rights?

I think the car that Mike Licht mentioned above is one that I know about.

I think the owner can better answer these questions, but for the sake of continuing the discussion I can as well.

The 10.35 was at 134.6 MPH. And it was with the .63 housing. For boost, it was around 24-25 psi.

The car has all the usual 10sec mods, Heads,Cam,Front Mount, 2 steel caps in the bottom end.

One highlight is that it was done with Pump Gas, Alky and a MAFT Pro. Also with a repaired 3400 9x11.....

Car was flying that day too.....I think the best 60' was 1.48 with about a 10psi launch.....

Real-T said:
I think the car that Mike Licht mentioned above is one that I know about. I think the owner can better answer these questions, but for the sake of continuing the discussion I can as well. The 10.35 was at 134.6 MPH. And it was with the .63 housing. For boost, it was around 24-25 psi.
The car has all the usual 10sec mods, Heads,Cam,Front Mount, 2 steel caps in the bottom end. One highlight is that it was done with Pump Gas, Alky and a MAFT Pro. Also with a repaired 3400 9x11.....Car was flying that day too.....I think the best 60' was 1.48 with about a 10psi launch.....

1.) I like who ever is the owner of this car its a kick ass setup! 2.) 10.35 @ 134.6 on a .63 housing is great news! What could he do with a .85 or better yet a DBB 67 with a .85 housing?? 3.) 20-25lbs of a boost is exactly were I want to be. I have alum. heads, Front Mount, 2 steel caps all ready with je's and tranny to handle all of with a 3600 art car n/l converter. Along with hotchiks 8 peice trailing arm set. 4.) This is why I keep bring questions to the table. "One highlight is that it was done with Pump Gas, Alky and a MAFT Pro." THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD LIKE to do! MY goal is to run as fast as possible with <MAFT PRO, ALKY, and PUMP GAS. 5.) 1.48 60' foot times! WOW nice, only with a 10psi launch too, that is killer! I hope I can hit anything below 1.5 when I goto the track. Thanks again for the info.

Anyone got an answer or a guesstimate on this, "But I thought that the Innovative Turbo t-66DBB was a large shaft? And I guess that pt67 is not a large shaft even if you upgrade to GTQ from what I have HEARD, not really factoral?

And thanks for REAL-T for chimming in, I really appreciate everyone posting on this thread with info and personal experiences.

Hey no problem. I just hope the car owner doesn't slap me for letting all this info out.....

As an aside, there is another car up here (Ottawa, Canada) that is just up and running with a PT6131 BB with a restalled D5.......we'll see how that car does....

Seems these guys are the first with the BBs at this stage (?).....

Hey Precision, any contigency payouts ???? Perhaps for their non-BB friends ???

;)

If id listen to anyone in this thread,itd be JZ 97 SS 1500.Hell actually tell you which turbos tear up and he and his partner know there stuff better than most....

Jose,can you get these ball bearing turbo's?Innovative or Garrett?

Mike Licht is another smart cookie but I dont think hes into racing as much as Jose.

Real-T said:
Hey no problem. I just hope the car owner doesn't slap me for letting all this info out.....

As an aside, there is another car up here (Ottawa, Canada) that is just up and running with a PT6131 BB with a restalled D5.......we'll see how that car does....

Seems these guys are the first with the BBs at this stage (?).....

Hey Precision, any contigency payouts ???? Perhaps for their non-BB friends ???

;)

Weve ran a 6131 with a restalled D5 with pretty good results . This was a street GN. Drove very nice.

I wonder how that BB61 would run with a stock converter??? ;)

XxDarkSidexX said:
ty for clearing that up, its pretty confusing with all the different trims and sizes. I guess i was dreaming when i said pt-67 large shaft dbb :biggrin:

But I thought that the Innovative Turbo t-66DBB was a large shaft? :confused: :confused: And I guess that pt67 is not a large shaft even if you upgrade to GTQ from what I have HEARD, not really factoral.?? :confused: :confused:

Anyways Mike, that 10.3 is a sweet time whats your MPH at 10.3? Is that with the .63 or the .85 housing? And @ what boost, its gotta be above 23lbs rights? I hope that venders, and the experts here arn't getting mad with all my turbo questions. But I have learn alot and hope that the information keeps flowing. That is what I use this board for, is Q's and more Q's. Then ask some more Q's before you buy. Seems like that strategy has worked perfect for me. Many of my main purchases; tranny, turbo, motor, have all be one time deals and one time purchases. And I would like to keep it that way, buy smart, buy right, but most important BUY ONCE! Someone in college should definitly NOT OWN A GN! Too much money in this thing. EVEN in my wildest dreams i'll get this turbo, fix my oil leak, tune, and go run low 10's. But I'm sure once that happens, I'll want more and go build a stage motor :biggrin: :biggrin: It never stops! BUT I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mark give me a call when you have a chance. Your PM box is full.

XxDarkSidexX said:
i have read just about all the information there is on this board and t6p.com. Seems like 135mph is the highest mph out of anyone using a 67 so far. Correct me if im wrong. I hope I am wrong, but if I'm not 135mph in the 1/4 is plunty for me and my goals!.

135 MPH from a Precision 67 is very impressive. I have heard some cars in TSM running Turbonetics 70's are running the same MPH or slower on race gas.

woa 2600 plus views, if that doesn't show interest I dunno what does!!

Reggie West said:
Mark give me a call when you have a chance. Your PM box is full.

sure thing buddy, ill call you tommarow from irwindale :biggrin: saw your dad their last time, hope to see you there if your able to make it! I free'ed up my box so there should be room now.

yea i need to call you anyways, i want the inside scoop on the new SUPER DUPLEX dbb turbos!

ahollowtub said:
If id listen to anyone in this thread,itd be JZ 97 SS 1500.Hell actually tell you which turbos tear up and he and his partner know there stuff better than most....

Jose,can you get these ball bearing turbo's?Innovative or Garrett?

Mike Licht is another smart cookie but I dont think hes into racing as much as Jose.

We can get anything pretty much, and then some. We have new wheels coming, right now we have engineering blanks from another turbo manufacture we do testing for, and we are fast working at getting some new wheels CNC'ed to push it to the next level. ;). It will take some time, but well worth it. Would be nice to have a 66mm wheel that pushes as much as a current 76 wouldn't it?? Well its known to already exist ;) :cool:. Also look for carbon fiber next to make it to the world of turbos as well ;)

And yes we have everything you can think of that has torn up, or could be torn up go through our doors. Everthing from off-shore Powerboat turbos, Rally cars, Super Farm pulling....etc..etc. All the weaknesses are documented. Some will listen some don't.

Jose