Dual ball bearing PTE turbos

S cover is no extra charge nowadays :)

Man I need to update you guys more often...my bad! see I leave for a few months and everyone is out of the loop...sorry guys

So theoretically what would a 67 w/ polished S cover and line kit cost with shipping?

d0n_3d said:
I honestly haven't been frequenting this board as much as I used to but we (PTE) introduced the new dual ball bearing turbos for the Buicks back at the Indy race. Yes that's right a DUAL ball bearing Garrett made CHRA. What does this mean to you? Well you can pretty much lower your stall requirements on all turbos by about 400 rpms or more. The overall transient response is alot quicker, turbos run cooler since they are water cooled, are more durable and tolerate more abuse, and increase overall efficiency.

I can do the following turbos in this format for the Buicks.

TE44
TE60
PT6131 with E or S cover
PT6776 with E, S, or H cover

Prices on these are $1199 for the 44, 60, and 61. Price is $1375 for the 67.

You'll be able to run the 44, 60, and even the 61 on a stock converter. The 67 will require a 3000-3200 stall. Please note we are still working on a water line kit for these but we do sell the universal kits that include the correct fittings and banjo bolts and tubes. You would just have to hook up your own lines going to the tubes. Cost on the kits are $75. Actuators for these whether heavy duty or standard are $82.

1.how much horsepower is the 67 rated at?
2.An also what is the cfm flow on this turbo?
3.an is this too much turbo to run on an unopened motor?

thanks jay

my 1st gn said:
1.how much horsepower is the 67 rated at?
2.An also what is the cfm flow on this turbo?
3.an is this too much turbo to run on an unopened motor?

thanks jay

1. 750 HP
2. about 75 lbs/min or 1087 CFM
3. I would say it might be too much turbo on a stock motor, might wanna run no bigger than a 61 which is what I did...

Ryan87GN said:
So theoretically what would a 67 w/ polished S cover and line kit cost with shipping?

Polishing is an extra $60 and shipping is typically around $15 for a small turbo like this.

Is the CHRA available as a rebuild/upgrade option for turbos that currently have the journal bearing ?

Man I think this dual BB 6776 is the one I've been waiting for.

Don, my impression is that the 6776 works a lot like the PT67. Works great at around 21-23PSI. Mid to deep tens no problem. Is that right?

d0n_3d said:
1. 750 HP
2. about 75 lbs/min or 1087 CFM
3. I would say it might be too much turbo on a stock motor, might wanna run no bigger than a 61 which is what I did...

Don,

What are the specs on the 61?
It is rated at 630 HP on yout web site and I have seen it rated higher else where.

Thanks in advance!

The CHRAs in these are not rebuildable. If you mess it up, you have to replace the whole thing. That's about the only drawback. But if you run a PTE oil saver kit you shouldn't have any problems.

61 specs are 630-650 HP, about 942 CFM or 65 lbs/min, and run full weight cars into the low 11's high 10's...

67 will get you into the mid 10's quite easily ball bearing or not...but ball bearing requires less stall....probably about a 3000-3200...non bb requiring about a 3400-3500

You should ask Precision to build you a GT42R 76MM with a mid frame PT88 Type
Turbine Housing. Or just convert to 4 bolt.

d0n_3d said:
The CHRAs in these are not rebuildable. If you mess it up, you have to replace the whole thing. That's about the only drawback. But if you run a PTE oil saver kit you shouldn't have any problems.

67 will get you into the mid 10's quite easily ball bearing or not...but ball bearing requires less stall....probably about a 3000-3200...non bb requiring about a 3400-3500

I currently have a xx67 that is in need of a rebuild.

Would the Dual BB CHRA be available to use with my existing wheels, exhaust housing and compressor cover ?

The reason for asking is that I have very low miles on the turbo, then I had an engine failure (unopened motor, stock bottom end) and debris travelled through the oil system (no turbo saver :( )

The wheels look to be acceptable (to me anyway) and am looking to save some bucks but also try and upgrade.

I am sure there are others that are in the same boat or at least would like the option to upgrade their existing xx67's ???

The dual ball bearing CHRA only comes one way and we really can't upgrade your journal bearing 67's. That's why I said when you ruin one, you have to replace the whole thing. That's the only drawback! So make sure your oil systems are up to snuff and quit trashing motors! :D

Not to start any wars, but what distinguishes the Garrett ball bearings from the Turbonetics and Innovative??

Any hints at a future Garrett BB70??

DR.BOOSTER said:
Not to start any wars, but what distinguishes the Garrett ball bearings from the Turbonetics and Innovative??

Any hints at a future Garrett BB70??

I will let the vendors fight over this one.

My understanding is that the 70MM wheel requires the big shaft and at this time the Garrett BB for the T series is only for the small shaft.
I think the 67 is one of the bigger wheels they can use on that shaft.
This is the same reason they are using the smaller turbine wheels.

The Innovative dual BB turbos are rebuildable and large shaft (Street Heat and GT series) as well as the Turbonetics units having the large shaft option for the smaller sized turbos as talked about here.

Innovative is coming out with an entirely new bearing system in the third quarter of this year as well.

http://www.innovativeturbo.com/pages/capabilities.asp

Hmmm...Super Duplex Dual Ball Bearing...interesting

like I said...I'm not here to bash anyone's product or try to prove that we are better than anyone...I just wanted to make a point that we have these turbos available now and that's all I wanted to get across! I honestly feel if you want to talk about other people's products against ours like this, it should be done in a different thread...thanks guys and we appreciate the support.

and just to clarify...to my knowledge, T-netics doesn't even use small shaft on turbos anymore for various reasons on their behalf...JFYI!