Dual ball bearing PTE turbos

XxDarkSidexX said:
Anyone got an answer or a guesstimate on this, "But I thought that the Innovative Turbo t-66DBB was a large shaft? And I guess that pt67 is not a large shaft even if you upgrade to GTQ from what I have HEARD, not really factoral?

And thanks for REAL-T for chimming in, I really appreciate everyone posting on this thread with info and personal experiences.

Just to quickly answer this.....ITS is 7.9mm shaft, PTE is 6.35mm. The GTQ steps up to the 7.9, but not offered with the current BB bearing housing from GT. I'm sure PTE will soon get them out, once GT releases them.

Jose

so hypathetically speaking could I buy a PTE 67 GTQ .85 housing now and when it comes out upgrade to a DBB housing? If so how much would that cost?

XxDarkSidexX said:
so hypathetically speaking could I buy a PTE 67 GTQ .85 housing now and when it comes out upgrade to a DBB housing? If so how much would that cost?

No you could not. Don cleared that up several posts ago. Check out the special Hartline performance has..how could you not step it up now? ;)

Real-T said:
Hey no problem. I just hope the car owner doesn't slap me for letting all this info out.....

As an aside, there is another car up here (Ottawa, Canada) that is just up and running with a PT6131 BB with a restalled D5.......we'll see how that car does....

Seems these guys are the first with the BBs at this stage (?).....

Hey Precision, any contigency payouts ???? Perhaps for their non-BB friends ???

;)

I've been following this thread for a bit now and yes, that INDY trip this year drained my wallet pretty well dry between Precison and Cotton's table, but now with the car back together I can say it spools very fast! It pulls like crazy too.

A track trip is scheduled soon for us all....hopefully I'll have some decent #'s to post :biggrin: ;)

Don,

Do you have these turbo's in stock or is there some lead time?

i'm thinking of the BB PT6131E or a TE44

I have the GTB6131 BB turbo on the shelve ready to ship. Foget the 44 the 6131 works with the stock converter and make more power. We have 76's on the way too
Mike

Mike Licht said:
I have the GTB6131 BB turbo on the shelve ready to ship. Foget the 44 the 6131 works with the stock converter and make more power. We have 76's on the way too
Mike

I can attest to the GT6131S BB w/stock converter. Works great. :biggrin:

Mike Licht said:
Mike

Do you accept human organs as payment? i'm a bit strapped right now.

SPOT MY 6 said:
Do you make the dual BB units in a PT71GTQ style with a 4-bolt housing?

You can order a gt42R 70MM which would be ball bearing.
There are a couple people testing these now.
If you want the buick 3 bolt you should get a hold of Cal Hartline.