Eagle Cranks

Nick, will you be selling a complete, internally balanced rotating assembly based on these cranks?

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
Nick, will you be selling a complete, internally balanced rotating assembly based on these cranks?
You took the words right out of my mouth. My 109 motor is going together this spring, as well.

Nick: I know it will take some time for you to complete one of these rotating assemblies, but PLEASE fill us in when you're complete. Thanks in advance.

We plan to have the 109 running in about 2-3 weeks. It is for a 10 sec. car so it will have an immediate test period!:) All the other parts are here including the alum heads to build it.

No problem doing a race balance on the complete rotating assembly, either your parts or ours. To do this properly, all rotating parts are needed. This includes pistons, rings, bearings, rods, flexplate and balancer.

We also need to check bearing fit as to how Eagle has done the radius [or fillet] on the bearing journals?

I can see where we may have some good, used cast cranks as owners upgrade.:D

finally a ray of light the end of dark tunnel of wiped cranks. these cranks hopefully will take us to the next level and maybe even bring back some who left for fear of blowing up their engines. hummm.... a new t&a block stuffed with one of these cranks....hummm

I just spoke to Tim at Eagle. Only one crank has been shipped and was shipped yesterday. We all need to let Eagle know that we want the rods. They will make them if there is enough interest. They cannot believe how many calls they have had in the past 2 days about the cranks.

Neal

Guess whose 10 sec car it is going in:)

a few other goodies will be included like a BB 70 Turbo, GN1's and V2 front mount.........

you can bet it'll get tested!

I will have my crank monday. Machine work will begin the following week. I will also reply with updates.

Does anybody know if they (Eagle) plan on making different strokes like a 3.590 and a 3.625? Also, I'd guess some of the Stage guys would like to see a wide journal version......

Very Nice!!! Glad to see eagle doing this.

They will sell alot of them.

I need to order one for my spare motor:D

Spoke to Jim at Eagle about the strokers this morning. His answer was "No release date at this time, or any guarentee that they will be produced". I was *quite* upset to hear this, as they had assured me repeatedly back in January that the strokers were almost done, and would be coming around june or july....

Spoke to Jim at Eagle about the strokers this morning. His answer was "No release date at this time, or any guarentee that they will be produced". I was *quite* upset to hear this, as they had assured me repeatedly back in January that the strokers were almost done, and would be coming around june or july....

Bummer! I guess it's a wait and see sort of thing (if they see there is enough of an interest they will most likely make them and that's probably the case with the rods as well)....

Yeah, but the lack of a stroker crank puts a big damper on what I wanted to do with this car. Looks like it's time to settle for a more mild Buick, and do my racing with the RX-7.... :(

Yeah, but the lack of a stroker crank puts a big damper on what I wanted to do with this car. Looks like it's time to settle for a more mild Buick, and do my racing with the RX-7.... :(

You can still make a good bit of power with a 234 cube motor..... Just ask Roy and Laz! I seriously doubt you will get any races with the RX-7 especially if it sounds and looks like I think it will:eek:

Originally posted by 86brick
You can still make a good bit of power with a 234 cube motor..... Just ask Roy and Laz! I seriously doubt you will get any races with the RX-7 especially if it sounds and looks like I think it will:eek:

We'll leave that topic for a later date ;)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread..... :D

I am thinking about trying one in a stage 2 4.1 block.
I think with 260CI I will still make over 1200hp and
thats if I stay with the PT-88. Who makes good narrow
journel rods????

Originally posted by musclecar neal
We all need to let Eagle know that we want the rods. They will make them if there is enough interest.
Rods are just what I was wondering about. Anyone in particular to contact at eagle?