Edited for secrecy

They let you run what you brung up there at Union Grove or do they hit the cage rules pretty hard? I'm about 3 hours away and haven't raced there yet and would like to do so next year.

They've kicked my ass out before at Union Grove. Byron has never hassled me about it though.

Great Times!!!

You need to become part of the alky class TAI!!!!(Turbo Alky Injected)

Car sounds great!!!!

JD

LOL! it isn't THAT fast. I also have no idea how much it weighs... I might need some fancy parts to keep up.

Steve: I guess we'll need to go to byron more often ;) Maybe I will head out there again this weekend. Interested?

LOL! it isn't THAT fast. I also have no idea how much it weighs... I might need some fancy parts to keep up.

Steve: I guess we'll need to go to byron more often ;) Maybe I will head out there again this weekend. Interested?

Nah I'm parked for the winter. My bumper fillers fell apart completely, some peices are laying on the ground near the finish line at Byron. Gotta give her some cosmetic lovin' in a bad way.

On the other hand, I could make it out there with the GTO and at least have some fun.... What day are you thikning of going?

It will be sunday if anything. got a 3800 meet/show on saturday.

thinking about fiberglass fillers?

same setup here sorta... just need to get everything painted. now that the car is kinda fast I can afford to make it look decent!

Look up in the TAI Section the guy that won at B/G this year was a 10.50 car!!!

Fastest car doesnt always win!!!
JD

So chicago is having a 1/2 mile event on an airport runway... I'd like to run this car in it, but could use some combo advice.

1. I am not sure if I should re-gear the car to a 3.23 or a 3.08 for the event or just leave it as it is right now. on the 1/4 mile pass I think it went through the traps at about 5600 rpm and about 123 mph on 28" tires, through a TH400 and a neal chance converter. the way I figure it, the second 1/2 mile is another 7 seconds of WOT time on top of the first 1/4.

2. I have read in other threads where the suggestion would be to run race gas versus pump 93 and methanol. I would consider running the car this way with a new chip obviously. I could also attempt a very small amount of methanol with the race gas...

3. I guess what I am asking is for advice on where people would start being worried about RPM on a 109 and a 210/215 roller cam setup. Where might the horsepower dropoff be in terms of RPM? this would obviously determine if I would need different gears or if it would even perform well with different gears.

4. any other concerns? another thought I had was what to do about engine cooling at speed with the front mount.

I feel like I cannot be overly cautious in this situation.

All thoughts are welcome.

-D

So chicago is having a 1/2 mile event on an airport runway... I'd like to run this car in it, but could use some combo advice.

1. I am not sure if I should re-gear the car to a 3.23 or a 3.08 for the event or just leave it as it is right now. on the 1/4 mile pass I think it went through the traps at about 5600 rpm and about 123 mph on 28" tires, through a TH400 and a neal chance converter. the way I figure it, the second 1/2 mile is another 7 seconds of WOT time on top of the first 1/4.

2. I have read in other threads where the suggestion would be to run race gas versus pump 93 and methanol. I would consider running the car this way with a new chip obviously. I could also attempt a very small amount of methanol with the race gas...

3. I guess what I am asking is for advice on where people would start being worried about RPM on a 109 and a 210/215 roller cam setup. Where might the horsepower dropoff be in terms of RPM? this would obviously determine if I would need different gears or if it would even perform well with different gears.

4. any other concerns? another thought I had was what to do about engine cooling at speed with the front mount.

I feel like I cannot be overly cautious in this situation.

All thoughts are welcome.

-D

Spectate!

What mph will the car hit in the half mile? Gear for it at 1:1. Probably need 25% taller gearing. So 2.73 gears or 3.08. Either that or run a manual trans with a 15-20% drop in OD and 3.08's. This is assuming the engine is done at around 5000rpm. If you were going to run OD as is then I'd probably run 3.73's.

I would expect the car to do 140 mph approximately. need to think about that some more though.

The plan is to run with the 3.08 rear gear through the TH400. Ported heads and 210/215 with supporting mods. I would hope that the motor has the nuts to go to 5200/5400 rpm at least.

DoubleD said:
I would expect the car to do 140 mph approximately. need to think about that some more though.

The plan is to run with the 3.08 rear gear through the TH400. Ported heads and 210/215 with supporting mods. I would hope that the motor has the nuts to go to 5200/5400 rpm at least.

Depending on the turbo it will.

that sounds like I need to upgrade to the 6262. Which I don't mind doing.

I also have a stealth 70 with a P trim sitting around doing nothing, but I'm feeling that this isn't a very good turbo for my combo.

Well its a half mile run. The 70 will spool up slower and the reduction in rear gear will have it feeling all sluggish for that 3 seconds of the initial start. But it will move more air. Have you ever experienced the 140+ window pop in your car? Is the front end alignment all squared away? Doing this with a three speed transmission is doable but sounds like some work. Your combo works so well as is and E85 will make it quicker. Good luck! You don't have a powermaster on the car do ya?

Yeah, I don't really plan on using the 70 for it. Just saying that I have it though. I look forward to a little bit more safety factor with the E85, moving from 3 pumps to 2. Also replacing both pumps in the double pumper before this season starts. Going to re-do the DP wiring too with better stuff.

I have not experienced the 140+ pop, however I was under the assumption that I was going to crack open the astroroof to help with the pressure balance inside the cabin. Not sure if that will work or not.

Alignment is great right now, but I want to get it rechecked again before the event. all shocks will be adjusted to firmer settings. If the brakes are showing any signs of deterioration by then i will replace them again, however I feel it is unlikely since they have less than 1000 miles on them right now.

My next question is what wheels I should run. I feel safest with my alumastars, even if I have skinnies on the front (they are MT sportsmans, which are built for this sort of thing). Anyone have other input?