Edited for secrecy

Can anyone give me a feeling on if a 6266 would take this car to bottom 10s on E85? maybe even on alky?

This 1/2 mile crap is out the window I think, waste of money.
it will do that with supporting components

Do supporting components equate to a stroker crank or more CR? Or are you referring to just a different cam profile?

I'm sure the stock bottom end with only .030 over pistons isn't going to like it for too long, but whatever.

DoubleD said:
Do supporting components equate to a stroker crank or more CR? Or are you referring to just a different cam profile?

I'm sure the stock bottom end with only .030 over pistons isn't going to like it for too long, but whatever.

The cam, CR, turbo, and converter need to work together to get the most mass flow through the engine and keep the engine operating where its most efficient. This assumes no inlet/ex restrictions, etc. Stuff like too small of an intercooler or restrictive exhaust will work against the engine even if the other stuff is there. The stock bottom end will last a while at high power levels if everything is right. A stroker crank has little to do with the engines efficiency. More rpm and maintaining mass efficiency or increasing mass efficiency is what will show a lot of power. The 6266 has a lot of potential and is plenty to maximize a stock short block

Understood. I wish that some compressor maps were available for these new billet turbos... hard to justify when I can't come to an educated decision on what is right for my particular combination.

I feel like the converter works and so does the head and intake porting with the cam selection (not GN-1Rs or anything, but they seem to do well enough).

Turbo works on the first half of the track, but second half feels pretty dead.

Intercooler is certainly large (4" core, front mounted, 24x18") and may not be the most efficient, but highly doubt it is a restriction.

Last edited:
Boost will be in the 30-32psi range to run 10.0 in decent air with what you have. If you went up in cam and compressor you could make the same power at 25psi. The 6265 is proven. It's already been low 10's with room to go. I've made almost 700whp myself with it. I had 218/218 fast ramp cam. Boost was 29psi. The same combo with a 70gtq ran 10.002/138.4mph on 93 alky@24-25psi.

Just switching to a larger turbine would likely get you 70-80hp with only a little more manifold pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it will gain something for sure, didn't think quite that much.

This was 93+methanol also.

Might be time to put the 6262 on the car and see what happens.