Ever been beat by a Mustang? Let's hear about it

i'm gonna have to call bull**** on the new SC cobras running low 12's bone stock:rolleyes:

i'd have to see the 11.60 bolt-on mustang to believe it

Originally posted by kshef
i'm gonna have to call bull**** on the new SC cobras running low 12's bone stock:rolleyes:

I think that's a bit optimistic. The quickest bone stock 03 that I know of went 12.47. The vast majority run high 12s to low 13s.

i'd have to see the 11.60 bolt-on mustang to believe it
Ok. I don't have the 11.60 pass, but how about the 11.62 run? Be advised it's a 3 mb file. The car is mine, and along with timeslips, I have plenty of folks that can and will vouch for it.

Originally posted by Bob Cosby
I think that's a bit optimistic. The quickest bone stock 03 that I know of went 12.47. The vast majority run high 12s to low 13s.

Ok. I don't have the 11.60 pass, but how about the 11.62 run? Be advised it's a 3 mb file. The car is mine, and along with timeslips, I have plenty of folks that can and will vouch for it.

I actually took a video of a bone stock 03 Cobra running 12.61 @ 112 @ Atco. It was also over 90 degrees that day so I'm sure in 50 degree weather it might be quicker. Hell, that is still alot faster than any car in that price range or 10K more.

Regardless of how people feel about them, the fact is, they will probably stomp any car in that price range off of the showroom floor with tons of room for growth.

I got beat BADLY a couple of times!.... :D

One guy ran in the 10.70's (though he's faster now).

Another guy ran 11.teens..... - It wouldn't have LOOKED as bad if I were running race gas/slicks like he was..... As it were, he was waiting (what seemed like an eternity) for me at the turnoff. :eek: :D

Bob - Your car is AWESOME! Any buildup pointers for my Notch? :cool:

Originally posted by Geoff87
IBob - Your car is AWESOME! Any buildup pointers for my Notch? :cool:

Thank you sir - your's isn't half bad either. :)

What are you plans? How fast do you want to go? N/A or power adder?

2004 MUSTANG COBRA $40,000 +MODIFICATIONS$$$
1987 BUICK GRANDNATIONAL USED $8000
$32,000 IN MODIFICATIONS FOR THE BUICK GRANDNATIONAL=$40,000 YOU DO THE MATH!

Originally posted by turboblue
2004 MUSTANG COBRA $40,000 +MODIFICATIONS$$$
1987 BUICK GRANDNATIONAL USED $8000
$32,000 IN MODIFICATIONS FOR THE BUICK GRANDNATIONAL=$40,000 YOU DO THE MATH!

Oh boy, here we go again. Somebody just figured out that you can buy a 17 year old car for less than a brand new one, then spend some portion of the remainder to make it faster.

Duh.

the joy of a gn is no matter what one may say after 17 years they still are fearfull on the streets and track when properly tuned!

Originally posted by turboblue
the joy of a gn is no matter what one may say after 17 years they still are fearfull on the streets and track when properly tuned!

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Can you get a warranty on a GN? Nope. Can you buy a brand-new gn? Nope. Can you buy a GN that hasn't potentially been someone else's headache for 17 years? Sure, but prepare to throw out the $$$ for a low mileage one. And I sure as hell wouldn't want to modify a low-mileage GN.

The 03/04 Cobra is an asskicking beast that responds insanely to mods. My buddy had $1500 into his and he was knocking on 10s, stock blower. He was pushing mid-120 traps, all on DRs.

can you walk into the ford dealership dish out $40 grand for a 2004 cobra with warranty? yes you can, but the only problem is when you pull out the lot and get to the light there is a 17 year old gn sittin in the next lane that wants to play STOP LIGHT BURNER and when its all said and done, all you can say to your wife is "i got to get some" $$odifications"

Originally posted by SyHopeful
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Can you get a warranty on a GN? Nope. Can you buy a brand-new gn? Nope. Can you buy a GN that hasn't potentially been someone else's headache for 17 years? Sure, but prepare to throw out the $$$ for a low mileage one. And I sure as hell wouldn't want to modify a low-mileage GN.

The 03/04 Cobra is an asskicking beast that responds insanely to mods. My buddy had $1500 into his and he was knocking on 10s, stock blower. He was pushing mid-120 traps, all on DRs.

Do you keep your warranty after you mod the cobra?

Most cars I know, you cant. So I dont see why you were bringing up a warranty and then stating they are easy to mod,because you'll just loose your warranty, putting you on the same level as us(no warrantys).

Maybe Ford lets you mod the cars, I dont know.

I love the cobra, its a fast car. But who here can go out right now and buy a cobra and not worry about it? I'm 17 so a GN is easier to attain and just as easy to mod for me. My point is,yea its a fast car, but you gotta get the money to get there.

If I paid 40k for a car and it doesnt smoke everything in its path, I know I'd be pissed.

But I did pay 12k for a car, and soon enough, it will smoke all in its path :)..one day..

Originally posted by marleyskater420
Do you keep your warranty after you mod the cobra?

Most cars I know, you cant. So I dont see why you were bringing up a warranty and then stating they are easy to mod,because you'll just loose your warranty, putting you on the same level as us(no warrantys).

Maybe Ford lets you mod the cars, I dont know.

I love the cobra, its a fast car. But who here can go out right now and buy a cobra and not worry about it? I'm 17 so a GN is easier to attain and just as easy to mod for me. My point is,yea its a fast car, but you gotta get the money to get there.

If I paid 40k for a car and it doesnt smoke everything in its path, I know I'd be pissed.

But I did pay 12k for a car, and soon enough, it will smoke all in its path :)..one day..

First off, the dealer has to prove that any modifications you have are directly responsible for broken parts before they deny warranty service. I brought up the warranty stuff because some people like them, and I brought up the cheapness of modability because it's the main crutch delusional TB owners fall back on whenever they've been shown that a TB can be beat. And cost of vehicle aside, the supercharged Cobras own the **** out of TBs as far as cheap mods.

And stock Cobras trap...what....around 113, give or take a few MPH? They would make most stock and mildly modified GNs their royal bitch, at least from a roll. They just have more power.

I can't afford a cobra either. I'm only 21 and am very happy with my GN, but I actually have a grip on reality, unlike 50% of the people that post in this forum that refuse to believe that a Turbo Buick could lose a race, or if they do lose they pull out the HP per dollar spent arguement.

I laugh at anybody that pays $40k for an 03/04 Cobra. You shouldn't be paying any more than $35k. And I bought my GN from a guy who sold it because he preferred his 03 Cobra over it.

the 03/04 cobra is a fast street legal car no doubt
unmodified but if you know anything about turbo regals
low 12 seconds on the street properly tuned gn is REALITY TO ME!

Let me try this....

In the year of our Lord 2004, and if you know anything about 03/04 Cobras, 11s on the street properly tuned 03/04 Cobra is reality to the rest of the world.

Not at all saying they can't be beat, or that all run that, or that GNs can't run that (obviously they can).

Reality. It's real.

Oh I totally believe you they respond to mods incredibly well. I hear their headers are itty bitty teenie weenie(yes I'm 5).

The only thing Im trying to say, is that you gotta dish out the 35k for this car in the first place. Even used we'll say 25k.

Its just a car you gotta have money to get started on, thats all. My friend has an 11.98 daily driver 98 cobra that takes all. Then again his buddy has a 9sec DD TA also.

Cost aside. cobra>GN. But since we're speaking in the real world here, for what you spend on the cars, THEN mods, you cant beat a GN for that. I know we use that argument, but its true.

Personally I know what my car can,and cannot beat. I know a 03 cobra would rape me right now. But I also know he spend 30k more on his car than I did on mine, so I dont feel so bad. :)

I completely belive in the cobra's power. Ive heard the lowest stock dyno was around 325 RWHP. LOWEST..thats just crazy.

In reality though, you gotta GET the money to get that car,and I think thats just the main points us GN guys stick by, because not all of us can get that 35k for their car, we just cant afford it. Now I bet with 5 or 7 k on top of our 10k car, we could run 11s pretty easy if we wanted to. But we don't have the money. You dont see AS many 10sec GN's because we don't have the money to do it, which is why we dont have a cobra, because we cant have the money to afford it.

I actually considered a cobra before a GN because of the ease of modability, but starting at 27k THEN spending more on parts, just isn't appealing to a 17 yr old kid going into college. See where Im coming from?

Anyway, I made my points, proly said them more than once, but I tend to do that. I do respect the cobra, but Im obligated to hate em :p

351 windsor mach 1 yellow (that is ALL i know this guy was a stranger and we talked only at the stoplight)
twice from a roll he had me cuz by the time my car downshifted and boosted he had half a car length

from a dig... well watch the video

the second run was anotehr one from a dig but we both got the light..

oh and my car was on street 215 all season, 94 oct 15 lbs

right click > save as