FAST Training?

Jim, I d/l, unzipped it to the sub dir of ccomwp named "help" and it doesn't want to load from the ccomwp prog. I can view all the files from win exp . Any ideas?
:confused:

Well, I'm glad everyone still thinks this is a good idea. I'm sad to say that there really hasn't been any headway on a video, but I am making headway on some more in-depth written info.

We will soon have on our website a section called "FAST facts" that is basically a collection of answers to commonly asked questions, results of tests and experiments we do, diagrams of how to hook up this or that, and everything in between. I have about 25 of them *almost* ready to go up so that should be a decent start, and once all that is in place, updating it will be a simple task. I should know better than to stick my neck out like this but here it is anyway. :p

My story on the video is still the same - I'm too ugly. :D If we can get Britney Spears to sing a song about EFI, I think that would be an excellent training video! :eek:

Seriously, though, we really do want to make a video as it seems like the right thing to do for a thousand reasons. I've been asked to keep my focus more on written material for now though.

Originally posted by Craig Smith
Well, I'm glad everyone still thinks this is a good idea. I'm sad to say that there really hasn't been any headway on a video, but I am making headway on some more in-depth written info.

We will soon have on our website a section called "FAST facts" that is basically a collection of answers to commonly asked questions, results of tests and experiments we do, diagrams of how to hook up this or that, and everything in between. I have about 25 of them *almost* ready to go up so that should be a decent start, and once all that is in place, updating it will be a simple task. I should know better than to stick my neck out like this but here it is anyway. :p

My story on the video is still the same - I'm too ugly. :D If we can get Britney Spears to sing a song about EFI, I think that would be an excellent training video! :eek:

Seriously, though, we really do want to make a video as it seems like the right thing to do for a thousand reasons. I've been asked to keep my focus more on written material for now though.

Maybe you should show the "bigger ups" this thread......... There seems to be a LOT of interest and I would think you guys would like to make some money!

The customer is always right, right?:confused:

Originally posted by Big Bird R/T
Jim, I d/l, unzipped it to the sub dir of ccomwp named "help" and it doesn't want to load from the ccomwp prog. I can view all the files from win exp . Any ideas?
:confused:

Rename index.htm ccomwphelp.htm and it will work. Forgot about that tid-bit Oh yea, the files must be in the help directory. Make sure winzip etc did not create another folder in the help directory with the manual files in it.

I just do not quit understand. More WRITTEN stuff? Ahhh- That does not help someone like me. Yeah- I can get thru it, but- it is a struggle and it puts me right to sleep!Plus- like many of us- I do not have the time. Im just not a "read me- learn me guy" I understand when I "SEE" it. Like - show me the CAM go round and - ok look, the valves move! :D Just give me a Video that covers the basics and I can run from there. I can appreciate its no easy task to make a video, but I bought a cheap drill sharpener last month- cost me cost me $35. and it came with a video.. No-- I really didn't that, but- it was in the box. Just my 2 cents. Larry

Originally posted by Craig Smith

Craig,

will the "Written Manual" include diagrams/pictures of the appropriate screens to go along with the various adjustments ?

Originally posted by oldtimer
Craig,

will the "Written Manual" include diagrams/pictures of the appropriate screens to go along with the various adjustments ?

Download my manual. It has all the screens and explains what each does. The link is a few posts up.

Originally posted by TurboJim
Rename index.htm ccomwphelp.htm and it will work. Forgot about that tid-bit Oh yea, the files must be in the help directory. Make sure winzip etc did not create another folder in the help directory with the manual files in it.

Did the rename and all works fine :)
Great supliment, IMHO
Thanks

For those of you who would like training, I would suggest the EFI101 class, http://www.efi101.com

I reciently took the 101 class and the advanced class. It was well worth the money. Ben Strader is a top notch guy that knows his stuff. He is working with FAST on their new XFI and writing the help manual for it. He also told me that he was putting together a training class for the XFI training dealers and should be available for anyone. Ben covers alot of things in his 101 class basics through advanced stuff. I think it was some of the best money I spent on my car.

Count me in for a manual, video, or training seminar.
Conrad Carter
North Carolina

Download Manual

I work for a small but busy shop in Campbell River, BC. We do pretty much everything but a small part of our business is drag race vehicles brought in by a few of our customers. Recently one of these cars was fitted with a fast system running a new, nearly 900 Hp Hemi.. Being the un-official electronics and wiring guru at the shop it comes down to me to learn this system and tune his EFI system.. I would appreciate a copy of the manual that was available for download previously in this discussion.

My address is UnionC@telus.net

Thanks..

UnionC said:
I work for a small but busy shop in Campbell River, BC. We do pretty much everything but a small part of our business is drag race vehicles brought in by a few of our customers. Recently one of these cars was fitted with a fast system running a new, nearly 900 Hp Hemi.. Being the un-official electronics and wiring guru at the shop it comes down to me to learn this system and tune his EFI system.. I would appreciate a copy of the manual that was available for download previously in this discussion.

My address is UnionC@telus.net

Thanks..

If the Hemi is using the new Fast XFI everything you need is in the help menu.

I am on the wrong computer right now, but tomorrow I will fwd the manual I wrote for the FAST. A lot of it is covered in the help files, but I put in some hints/tips, and everything is shown with the corresponding screen shot. I actually replaced my help files with my own version.

Remember, mine is "unofficial" but for what itsa worth, Lance was going to try to have it incorporated into the forsale version of CComWP, so I guess its accurate enough for him! I dont know what ever happened to it, but needless to say, they didnt use it.

Mind you I have weeks into it. If you like it and give it to friends etc, give credit where its due please.

TurboJim said:
I am on the wrong computer right now, but tomorrow I will fwd the manual I wrote for the FAST. A lot of it is covered in the help files, but I put in some hints/tips, and everything is shown with the corresponding screen shot. I actually replaced my help files with my own version.

Remember, mine is "unofficial" but for what itsa worth, Lance was going to try to have it incorporated into the forsale version of CComWP, so I guess its accurate enough for him! I dont know what ever happened to it, but needless to say, they didnt use it.

Mind you I have weeks into it. If you like it and give it to friends etc, give credit where its due please.

Perfect.. I just need something a little more informative to get going on this project. I am pretty good with computers and with fuel injection in general, Having 2 turbo Dodge cars sitting in my driveway and having researched and done a little work on those in the past years.

Thanks for your time.
UnionC

Ok

The Jim Testa, Unofficial FAST manual is uploaded to my site for all to enjoy...

http://www.turbojim.com/fast/manualv1.zip

Once extracted to wherever, start at index.htm and navigate from there.

You'll need IE6 or comparable as it uses dHTML, CSS and layers