Fastest TTA Thread (2014)

This was my 2nd pass of the night.
Update:
1.70 60ft
7.19 1/8 ET
97.62 mph
11.17 1/4
123.87 mph

I couldnt get the car to hook up with these tires. My 60ft got worse as I lowered tire pressure thinking I would get better traction.
Heres my 1st pass for the 1/8th just to see if the car was gonna go straight. I let off at the 1/8th and got on the brakes at the 1000ft to 1/4.

3rd pass
I messed up the 2-3 shift big time and had to let out.

3rd pass

First pass

2nd pass

Last edited:
Nice MPH! Have you figured your converter slip %? PTC PTC First pass probably would've been in the 10's!

15%
I just need to figure out tire pressure and it will happen. This was all on 24psi boost and 18 degrees timing.

Et street bias ply's
30x12.5x15 @ 15,14,12.5
I was launching the car with too much boost off the line. 15psi and instant boost from there to 24psi. It looked to initially hook and then spin.

That tire is killing you.. way too bigg ... a 255/60 with enough heat will generate mid 1.5x 60 foots all day

The size of tire is perfect for my particular combo. I just need to get a good tire pressure and launch with less boost, then creep back up to higher boost on the line.

The size of tire is perfect for my particular combo. I just need to get a good tire pressure and launch with less boost, then creep back up to higher boost on the line.

if you say so... is the object to go fast ? or look fast ?

if a 255 can 60 foot faster ... whats that tell you

I'd tend to agree that a 30" tire is too tall even if you have 3.54 gears. I'd probably do a 28x10" or 275/60 tire with that rear gear. I'm not trying to be negative, but those 60' times are not too good for a tire that large. Your setup should be capable of dramatically better short times than that.

Guys, my tires are not the problem. However, I do appreciate everyone's concerns.... That's what we're are all here for. My governer has larger weights and coupled with a 3.54 gear, my final ratio is very close to a 28" tall tire with stock gears. I'm crossing the traps at 5800 rpm and that is where I need to be.
My real problem is launching with too much boost... 18-20 psi on both logs and I'm blowing the tires away. I need a good launch at around 10-12 psi and it will stick next time out. My tranny brake builds boost almost instantly, so I am looking for a 2 step.
Currently, I'm pulling the converter and swapping to a PTC. I will see what that gets me next time out.

Yeah, 20#s is a lot of boost to try to leave on with a built motor and 67mm turbo. I was cutting 1.45 short times on 275/60 radials leaving at around 10psi, and your motor should make more power than mine.

I swore I was leaving at 12-15, but the log shows 18-20 before I leave. My needle sweeps way to fast to gauge it. I am gonna leave at 5psi and go from there next time out. Its definitely making power, just need all of it to the ground after a good launch. PTC converter, good air pressure and a DRIVER! should net some low ET's.

It's pretty hard to cut any kind of a decent light and modulate boost with the throttle.

You'll probably pick up some efficiency with the PTC converter. I like vigilante for a lockup converter, but it seems like the PTC does better on a non l/u rig.

BTW, how well did the PA racing K-member fit? Did the motor and control arms stay true to the factory location? (wheels didn't move forward/back motor didn't sit higher or lower) Was it much lighter than stock K and lower control arms?

Naturally, the K member was off a bunch before the alignment. My alignment guy has done many drag car applications and knew what to do for caster and camber. When he was done, it was way off of the stock location because you can see the line of fresh/old paint from the old setting. The motor is at stock height and the wheels are perfectly in the center. I estemate around 25-30lb savings.

Naturally, the K member was off a bunch before the alignment. My alignment guy has done many drag car applications and knew what to do for caster and camber. When he was done, it was way off of the stock location because you can see the line of fresh/old paint from the old setting. The motor is at stock height and the wheels are perfectly in the center. I estemate around 25-30lb savings.

I saw 25#s on another vendors site for the k and arms. I'd like to do the swap, but it's a lot of coin to save 25lbs. The extra room is probably a bigger factor.

Ya, with a girdle it is very nice. I added 40lbs with the adjustable torque arm right after removing 40lbs of SS exhaust. It seems like I keep breaking even...lol
Then there is the roll bar. Track never said anything, but its coming.