Fastest TTA Thread (2014)

Any updates? What is the max boost you have run with the TTA heads.

what is the most boost the TTA head can handle? I was told they do not like anything over 23-24 pounds of boost

Stock unopened block, I used to run 26-27psi.. As well as many others. No problem there.
Over the course of many years, we have seen the heads max out at a certain power level...not necessarily boost numbers. Most of them were running Champion heads tho. With todays tech on cams,turbos,and converters, we should be able to run a little quicker than 10.3's

what is the most boost the TTA head can handle? I was told they do not like anything over 23-24 pounds of boost
I ran 26 psi through my stock heads for the last probably 6 years without any problem. My power was maxed out from stock heads and cam. New fully built motor will run Champion fully P&P bigger S/S valve iron TTA heads with matching Champion ported stock intake plus a pretty big Comp roller cam. Like TT/Ameasap said with the newer technology the low 10 sec wall should be coming down a bit.

I ran 26 psi through my stock heads for the last probably 6 years without any problem. My power was maxed out from stock heads and cam. New fully built motor will run Champion fully P&P bigger S/S valve iron TTA heads with matching Champion ported stock intake plus a pretty big Comp roller cam. Like TT/Ameasap said with the newer technology the low 10 sec wall should be coming down a bit.

Scott I'm not sure its a wall .. I think its just that it hasn't been fully exploited as much as the GN segment...

actually Im trying to recall but I think 9's on TTA castings happened somewhere around 03-04 .. and it didn't have a drag suspension on it .. it was trailered to the track and driven home as the guys tow rig popped a head gasket on the way to the track :)

the heads aren't the issue making 9 second power... but there are a lot of other challenges to overcome at that power level on that car.

Personally I would rather have the car run easy 10.90's @ 130 in mild street trim .. than turned up and hurt the car and run hi 9's @ 14x.. but to each their own.

All depends on the 60ft Mato.
Nobody that I have ever heard, has gotten a TTA in the 9's with stock ported heads.

All depends on the 60ft Mato.
Nobody that I have ever heard, has gotten a TTA in the 9's with stock ported heads.

Scott..

They have been in the 9's .. the heads nor the power was the issue ... one of the 2 that I know tickled 9's belong to a board member.

I know because I sold him the heads that made the 9 second runs... This was all around 03-04 ... there was also a TTA in Elk Grove Village , IL that had to have gotten in the 9's as he ran 10.0-10.1x several times at the track.. and was street raced against a 10.3x GN which he covered without much issue.
Not alot of the street race crew is gonna give up that kind of info.. there are alot faster TTA out there than whats on this board .. TRUST ME ... stage II TTA's aren't nearly as rare as one may think.

9.90 is going to be a lot more than 127. I went 11.17 @ 124 on stock (not ported) heads and cam. Trent "ttafan" went 10.18 @ 136 on a conservative tune with Champion ported TTA heads, not a huge roller cam 212ish I think and a GTQ 70 at around 26 psi and a Dut neck TTA IC and FAST XFI. The car made just over 600 to the wheels. With some more track time I'm quite sure it will go high 9's

I won't be putting up numbers like you guys, but I'm hoping to dip in to the tens with my stock motor, and a 5858 turbo. Was close last year, and I only went to the track once.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Old thread! Finally got there! 10.99@121.6 1.49 60'

Attachments

• 1445757086476.jpg
    1445757086476.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 98
I'm using a Dana 44. It had 3.31 gears before, but its got 3.55's now. The 3.31 is too tall for a 28" tire, at least on my car.

I'd consider my car a long way from being "new tech" the only aftermarket engine parts are the pistons and camshaft. Ran 10.3 on an "old school" cast wheel CPT66. Still has stock rockers and valves. Stock throttle body/doghouse. Stock crank/rods. Stock ecm. Stock location IC. 200-4r. Stock k-member/ control arms, no fiberglass parts. I don't think I used any parts that weren't around 10-15 years ago, or were factory stuff.
How did you get the Dana 44 for your car? Imo this is the perfect rear end for our car. Way lighter than a 9", but still strong enough to hold up.