Fastest v6

Hay Mike,The payouts don't even pay the food bill for the week but we run just to see how fast we can go and to keep the Buick events alive because people want to see the fast cars run. So come on out and play. And John can his little event to himself. Me and Bob hope to see ya BG.

No that didnt happen. John never got either of his cars to go very well at all,
and it rained on Sunday (race day) so they rained it out. No body won , and no payout was given. The latest is the cars that were entered in the quick 8 & quick 16 will get in for free entry and the purse is rolled over into this years purse. That goes for Everyone except me that is!!! Mike:(
if those people decide to go back! i think the dragster's are sexy!! they should be aloud to run!

if those people decide to go back! i think the dragster's are sexy!! they should be aloud to run!

Ahem...... Excuse me Mr. Freeman but this thread is for fast V6's. I think u are posting in the wrong place... U may want to post ur times in the Hot Air section of the board. I believe thats more your speed anyhow:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I am trying to put a Buick event together for everyone... It takes alot of work to do this. When it all comes together you are ALL invited:biggrin:

Keep in mind like I said it takes ALOT of work to this, you will never please everyone and I glad we have somewhere to go... I also feel so sorry for the guys that go above and beyond to do something different then can't run a buick....

Ahem...... Excuse me Mr. Freeman but this thread is for fast V6's. I think u are posting in the wrong place... U may want to post ur times in the Hot Air section of the board. I believe thats more your speed anyhow:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
clint---i already told you everything you need to know when i was in phoenix this weekend! and the way things are looking, i could kick you butt with mr. kereny's new set up!!:tongue:

I am trying to put a Buick event together for everyone... It takes alot of work to do this. When it all comes together you are ALL invited:biggrin:

Keep in mind like I said it takes ALOT of work to this, you will never please everyone and I glad we have somewhere to go... I also feel so sorry for the guys that go above and beyond to do something different then can't run a buick....

Shane, I know what you mean man, I have helped at putting on a Jeep event for the last three years. But one thing for sure, we don't care what type engine or body you have just as long as there is somthing Jeep on your rig. Heck I have a rock buggy that the only thing left Jeep is the engine, steering wheel, and a Jeep emblem and it is good to go. Mall crawlers to comp buggys, all are welcome. You can't make them all happy but we try until it hurts. LOL

Can't wait for your event as even our car would get the boot with our set up at BG. I want to see fast cars and the people who make them fast. As far as I am conserned if it has a Buick engine or Buick Body let them run.

Jim

Shane, I know what you mean man, I have helped at putting on a Jeep event for the last three years. But one thing for sure, we don't care what type engine or body you have just as long as there is somthing Jeep on your rig. Heck I have a rock buggy that the only thing left Jeep is the engine, steering wheel, and a Jeep emblem and it is good to go. Mall crawlers to comp buggys, all are welcome. You can't make them all happy but we try until it hurts. LOL

Can't wait for your event as even our car would get the boot with our set up at BG. I want to see fast cars and the people who make them fast. As far as I am conserned if it has a Buick engine or Buick Body let them run.

Jim

Wow! I second that whole heartedly! Well put.

shane---have any idea where this event will take place?

BTW getting to bg is really gonna hurt this year! diesel was $4.03 in phoenix yesterday.

NHRA Grand Nationals

I just got back from the March Meet at Bakerfield, CA. I went for Saturday only. The turn out was unbelieveable. You could have sworn it was a NHRA event. In the stands we met people from Australia and Canada. The Canadians said that the racing was so lame in Canada that it was a deal to fly to be at the March meet and see some real race cars. They said that in Canada a big event was 3 or 4 top fuel cars and then time filler by imports racing station wagons. People don't want to see classes of cars racing with alcohol injection. They want to see racing with ALCOHOL INJECTION.

The Austrailians brought a car to race at the event.

Don,
We did have the Grand Nationals up here in Quebec, Canada for many years until the Government stuck their noses in the Polution. So NHRA stopped coming here. Then the Goverment saw the amount of Moeny it was generating and tried to get it back....TOO LATE. This was the biggest Event Canada was having as for Drag Racing. ....:(
Maybe one day we'll see John Force, and Company.

Joe

Chris, OK I stand corrected!!! You are listening!!! But you listening to us , and convincing the POWERS TO BE are two completely different things.
Obviously you are watching and listening to what is being said here!!! Has anyone on these forums given me a thumbs down to being allowed to race at the BPG event?? I believe there are only a few NAYS compared to a vast majority of YAYs !!!
As I have stated before , the people paying to attend these races want to see fast cars ( including dragsters ) Mike:cool:

fastest v-6

Hi Guy's,
I've been very hesitant to post this but here goes. Last year at BPG I was told an IHRA chassis certification would be accepted and we could run our car,(talked to John Schmit on his cell phone.)
Mr. Butcher towed our car from North Carolina to Ohio at great expense and I flew my private plane up to be told they would not accept IHRA-this is NHRA country. WTF? You all know we've ran this car since 1999 with absolutely no problems, safety or otherwise, SO DO YOU THINK WE WANT MORE OF THIS, HELL NO! We're staying south.
We were not the only cars not allowed to run from this area and they will not return either. I have much more to say about this but you get the general idea.

BOB AND TRAMPAS

Unbelieveable.:mad: What's wrong with these people?!! Who the bleep do they think they are?!! Are these racing promoters or are they just some self-serving good ol' boys trying to ruin Buick racing for the rest of us? I would like to hear an explanation for such an outrageous decision on the part of this so called racing promoter. NHRA, IHRA. Who the bleep cares! Get the freakin cars to the track! My G D. I am beside myself. Someone please give me a reasonable explanation. I'm ready to tear a new one!

Hi Guy's,
I've been very hesitant to post this but here goes. Last year at BPG I was told an IHRA chassis certification would be accepted and we could run our car,(talked to John Schmit on his cell phone.)
Mr. Butcher towed our car from North Carolina to Ohio at great expense and I flew my private plane up to be told they would not accept IHRA-this is NHRA country. WTF? You all know we've ran this car since 1999 with absolutely no problems, safety or otherwise, SO DO YOU THINK WE WANT MORE OF THIS, HELL NO! We're staying south.
We were not the only cars not allowed to run from this area and they will not return either. I have much more to say about this but you get the general idea.

BOB AND TRAMPAS
that was some real bull $hit bob. i remember that whole deal. we talked alittle that day. too phuckin bad for the bpg! its there loss! the fastest buick's wont be back to that mess. (and you too clint!)

I would think a REAL race promoter would be able to work out a match race style deal ( pay them to show up and run ) with both the v6 dragsters. I would travel and pay to see these cars in person. This should also apply to all other exhib. style runs. ( v8 buick body, or whatever the other "racers" are afraid of ) Wayne

How do these people get in a position of promoting Buick events? This is a serious question.

OK. Let me throw something out there and see what you think.

Why don't we start a Buick racer's association. Or is there already one that I can join. This would give the members a little power over some of these clowns that think their organizing a Buick racing event.

I'm envisioning one that only keeps a record of racers. No fees necessary. All contact will be through emails. No cost there. Members will vote on coming proposed events. Whether to attend or not. How many will attend, etc.

The association could even start on its own racing classes/programs.

The association would vote a person in for the responsibility of setting up an event for the benefit of the association. All proceeds from a racing event will be for the benefit of all racers. Not just the promoter. The association will be the promoter. If anything is left after pay outs. The rest is divided among the members that attended the event.

With the power of the association behind an event, I would feel that it would be much easier to set one up.

Just thinking out loud. There's got to be a way to give the individual racer more power.

Hi Guy's,
BOB AND TRAMPAS

STGMAN,
I heard about your situation last year and I agree it sucks. The problem is everyone thinks the BPG has some say or pull in this area and we simply DO NOT. NTR is owned by NHRA and they make ALL the decisions on safety tech and it doesn't matter WHO bitches and complains it is their track and their rules and we are just guests. On top of that, for liability reasons, the BPG isn't going to make decisions on safety tech and rulings other than you have to pass host track safety requirements. I know it is a day late and dollar short but this is what you should have been told and you should have been told to check with NTR prior to making the trip. I apologize for this, as part of the problem last year is we did have a solid position as race director and I got nominated for the position three days before the race. I would like to see if anything can be worked out or if you want to discuss it further feel free to send me a PM or private e-mail.