Fastest v6

Unbelieveable.:mad: What's wrong with these people?!! Who the bleep do they think they are?!! Are these racing promoters or are they just some self-serving good ol' boys trying to ruin Buick racing for the rest of us? I would like to hear an explanation for such an outrageous decision on the part of this so called racing promoter. NHRA, IHRA. Who the bleep cares! Get the freakin cars to the track! My G D. I am beside myself. Someone please give me a reasonable explanation. I'm ready to tear a new one!

Don, if you feel the need to discuss this or need further explanation please feel free to contact me directly. BTW I hope to see you in Columbus this year, it would be nice to see your car in action.

I would think a REAL race promoter would be able to work out a match race style deal ( pay them to show up and run ) with both the v6 dragsters. I would travel and pay to see these cars in person. This should also apply to all other exhib. style runs. ( v8 buick body, or whatever the other "racers" are afraid of ) Wayne

I would start booking that ticket:wink:

It takes ALOT to get this done. I appreciate the effort of the people that have done this to put these events together. This is an enormous task, especially a new series.... Our community is no way as large as the camaro or mustang crowds so not as many events to attend naturally...

If anyone is serious about helping putting on such an event I am ready willing and able:cool:

I am looking to put a yearly event together, the "TurboBuick.com Nationals"

I tried to do it at Bristol this year but the timing and costs were not right... Bristol is pretty much out of the question, they have a very very limited open schedule. Plus the cost with staff for a 3 day event would be 40-50K! There was a thread, many of you saw it...

I have some ideas of different venues, but it will be on the east coast at first. I would like to add other venues, such as west coast, Fla-TX area's.

I have alot of irons in the fire and like I say this is an enormous task. I will continue to work on it and I will sure it will happen next year. If the first one goes well, I will do all I can to add additional venues over the years....

Far as who can run, you must pass tech for the track, and have a buick car or motor. Put one in a go cart and run it for all I care;) To me it is all about the coming together of the Buick Community....

I commend you for coming forward and trying to remedy this situation with Bob. I have to tell you, it seems to be a little late in the game. A promoter representative should have been in tech to smooth out any problems then, not months later after the situations been brought up on the BB for g d sake. I hope the organizers of future events have learned something here. The racers, particularly high profile racers that attract spectators, are your customers. You can't forget that. I truly hope that you can straighten things out with Bob. I don't like seeing a racer say they'll never attend any future events. That's bad medicine for everyone. Chris. Please be proactive and try to contact this fellow. If I were him, after the situation he was put through, I wouldn't bother picking up the phone.

I'd like to see some more information about upcoming events before I decide to trailer to the east coast. I've been biting at the bit to bring it out for years. But from what I've seen on this BB about how other 'out of the box racers' are treated, I have a bad feeling I'd be treated like the orphan child. I definitely don't want to go through the expense and time to travel out there and then be restricted to one or two passes. Or worse, not be allowed to run at all. Is there info somewhere?

well i had a good talk with chris lyons and i must say i like what he had to say about the bpg race. they just mite be hope after all!

Oh. A class for any engine too. Sorry Dusty.

I know of someone that would drive out to BG with his Twin Turbo SB GN if there was a class for it. ;) Some of these cars are evolving and the administrators need to keep up with the times.

If I was allowed just 3 exhibition runs. That would do it for me. I'm not looking for a class to run in. Maybe by running the car I can show others that a class could or should be made. The setup works so sweet. Imagine a future for turbo cars without the popping and banging.

I am on the fence about going this year because for one, our car again will not be ready and two gas prices. I love to go and watch, see old friends, and make new ones as well. What would push me to go would be to see these fast cars run. Back at the Buicks at Bristol event when KD and LC would make their runs the pits cleared out as almost everyone was at the track to watch. You could hear this in the pits before the runs, when are they running?, is this them?, don’t want to miss them run. They put on a great show THAT ADDED TO THE EVENT. They did not take away one thing from the other classes racing. I like watching the faster cars so much that I had planned to leave just after last years Reynolds race Saturday afternoon. Then head up to Carolina Dragway in hopes of catching Dusty make a few passes that night and maybe get to talk to him some. Then we planned to stay for the race on Sunday. I found out from Jason White at Reynolds Saturday morning that Dusty had some problems and was not going to make it to Carolina Dragway. But I was ready and willing to go, why, because Dusty has a fast car and I wanted to see it run. I am at least lucky enough to have two of these fast cars close to me now and I do plan to see them run. I also hope to be able to play when we get our car finished as well. Sorry I got on a roll.

Jim

Donnie, I would think you could race in the quick 8 , quick 16 without any problems. If I came that far I would want to race!! I personally will throw in $100.00 towards your fuel bill if you decide to come. I think I speak for many when I say I would love to meet you and see your beast run!!! Mike;)

Thanks Mike. It's just that I get enough of the outcast treatment here on the west side. Don't need to go cross country to get more of the same. You know what I mean?

Thanks Mike. It's just that I get enough of the outcast treatment here on the west side. Don't need to go cross country to get more of the same. You know what I mean?

I've heard about that "Don Wang" alcohol guy....What a loonie!!:tongue:

J/K Don

Scott Wile

Donnie, Maybe somebody else will correct me if Im wrong but Buick powered- Buick bodied will defenetly get you in the quick 8 & 16 as long as you have a valid NHRA chassis sticker & license if you need them , and can run fast enough to qualify!!! You wouldnt have a problem qualifing Im sure!!
Maybe you can post up some reasons other than that why there might be an issue. I think the talk now is to run the quick 8 on saturday night and then the quick 16 on sunday. I like that idea!!! Mike:cool:

Sounds good. When everyone gets things hashed out and down in black and white, I'd like to study it.

NHRA chassis sticker and license is not a problem.

Pretty sure you could run Quick 16 or definately the bracket classes Don. Buick body and motor is the only requirement. I think they should do away with the buick body part of the rule so the dragster guys could play. It's not like we'll see a ton of dragsters being built for 1 race a year.

OK. You guys have twisted my arm enough. I give. I'm in. Is there any black and white to study? Is there a date set? Need to make plans.

I sure hope the dragsters can be there. If no one else wants to, I'll race them.:cool: It won't be the first time I've lost a race.

Thanks Len. I'm sure there's a website somewhere with some info. I'll check it out.