Finally...Coach's New Build...

Beautiful. . . Wow I can imagine how much work it will be keeping it clean. . . Im sweating just thinking about it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I really hope I get to see this car in person this summer!
Where are you located? I plan on cruising it as much as possible. I'm going to drive it pretty regularly until new paint and frame are finished. Then I plan on probably at least 3/4 of a year doing the ISCA Indoor car show circuit...or at least the shows within a 3-4 hour drive. ( Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo, Detroit, Toronto, Columbus...etc)

cleveland ohio. If there are events that you are going to attend in 1-4 hour range let me know i am ready for a road trip. I was in indy this weekend running my car at the Good Guys autocross. Would have been nice to have a car like yours there to check out.

cleveland ohio. If there are events that you are going to attend in 1-4 hour range let me know i am ready for a road trip. I was in indy this weekend running my car at the Good Guys autocross. Would have been nice to have a car like yours there to check out.
Steel Valley Super Nationals is June 20-22. That's in Salem Ohio. Quaker City Raceway Park. It's about an hour or so from Cleveland. I'll be there all 3 days. Planning on running it and turning up the boost!!!

Epic build... Words cannot express how insanely detailed and nice this is. Amazing work Coach!

I think I will head down Sunday am. Are u running it all on Sunday ?
Due to family issues...I will not be attending. I should have posted sooner. I'll keep you guys posted on when I will get this thing to the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Family first . Hope all issues are taken care of. Will catch up with you at a later date sir .

Ok Guys,
I have to post an update on the car. I tinkered around with a few small items and just drove it a few miles at a time. Well last weekend, I went to a big cruise in Erie, Pa that was about 35 miles away. Car run great. Well this afternoon...I decided to go down to the Salem Super Cruise which is about 160 miles round trip.
I must give HUGE props to Cal Hartline for the tune on this car. I had 3/4 of a tank when I left,and just got home and still have a 1/4 tank registering on the gauge. The car runs great. I cruised in traffic, I drove on the interstate, and I sat in traffic...this car runs just like stock. It's hard to believe that this car should make 650-700 horse and run a 9 sec 1/4 mile the way it acts.
Bobby built me a superb engine and Cal turned a lion in to a kitten until you make it mad.
I have about 300 miles on this new engine and could not be happier.

That must be a great feeling after a few speed bumps to have the car running so good. Glad to hear it's running as expected.

On another note steel valley super nats is just racing and not all buicks correct? I am thinking of going in am.
Do you know if other buicks are going?

I must give HUGE props to Cal Hartline for the tune on this car. I had 3/4 of a tank when I left,and just got home and still have a 1/4 tank registering on the gauge. The car runs great. I cruised in traffic, I drove on the interstate, and I sat in traffic...this car runs just like stock. It's hard to believe that this car should make 650-700 horse and run a 9 sec 1/4 mile the way it acts.
Bobby built me a superb engine and Cal turned a lion in to a kitten until you make it mad.

I'm real glad to hear you are able to go out and enjoy the car. You and others (Brian, Bobby, etc..) have worked hard and it's about time you reap what you've sown.
I always get a chuckle when I hear guys say that you lose drivability when you swap to an aftermarket ecu. Thanks for the kind words.

Ok Guys,
I have to post an update on the car. I tinkered around with a few small items and just drove it a few miles at a time. Well last weekend, I went to a big cruise in Erie, Pa that was about 35 miles away. Car run great. Well this afternoon...I decided to go down to the Salem Super Cruise which is about 160 miles round trip.
Hey you can't drive a car with that much power that far!!!! Nice job Coach.

That must be a great feeling after a few speed bumps to have the car running so good. Glad to hear it's running as expected.

On another note steel valley super nats is just racing and not all buicks correct? I am thinking of going in am.
Do you know if other buicks are going?
The Nats are great. Not all Buicks, but a good time. Usually there are at least 4-5 other Turbo Buicks there

I'm real glad to hear you are able to go out and enjoy the car. You and others (Brian, Bobby, etc..) have worked hard and it's about time you reap what you've sown.
I always get a chuckle when I hear guys say that you lose drivability when you swap to an aftermarket ecu. Thanks for the kind words.

You are so welcome.

Hey you can't drive a car with that much power that far!!!! Nice job Coach.
Thanks Rob.
I really think that Brian pointed me in the right direction with the way the car turned out. I originally wanted a mid 10 car with a chip/ECM set up. He told me he was the same way for years before he switched to the XFI. I am very satisfied. I still have a few bugs, but not in how it cruises. My cruise control must have a vac leak, and on hot days, the stock fan has trouble. Those will be fixed real soon.

Donnie..........how about Duquoin..?
Its back....just a little tamer. The cops won't do burn outs anymore and the girls must leave there cloths mostly on now.
But they are doing a 1/8 mile king type show and go at Benton.