Forum issues??

Jay I went into work yesterday to check my junk mail box. There is no junk mail in there from this site. I too am on Mozilla. I'm going to change my email address to my gmal account and see if it changes anything.

Like I said, unfortunately its the ads and its not just this site thats affected. I go to a lot of sites that I cant back out of like this one.

It must be something with our work server. I switched to my gmail account that I need to link my work emails to my blackberry, and now I am receiving emails again. Thanks.

Well, to be the bearer of bad news, its ad related and as ads pay the bills here, there isnt a lot I can do. FWIW, this is happening to me all over the place so whatever is inserted in these ads is a widespread implementation because I have the problem pretty much everywhere.

Maybe its time to look at a subscription based model so people can opt out of the ads.

Jay, Please do not take this personally at all, but I find it hard to believe that it cannot be fixed. I browse the internet everyday and am a member of like a million forums. Turbobuick.com is the only one that does this. Perhaps it's time for new software? I don't 2nd guess you because you work in IT (as do I). But you know as they say, "The shoemaker's shoes are aways the last to get fixed". I don't wanna do anything work related when I get home either. :) That being said, besides this issue, I wouldn't mind paying a yearly fee of some sort to be part of the board. Maybe that is what needs to happen. Everything can't be free you know! ;)

Well, to be the bearer of bad news, its ad related and as ads pay the bills here, there isnt a lot I can do. FWIW, this is happening to me all over the place so whatever is inserted in these ads is a widespread implementation because I have the problem pretty much everywhere.

Maybe its time to look at a subscription based model so people can opt out of the ads.

Jay, Please do not take this personally at all, but I find it hard to believe that it cannot be fixed. I browse the internet everyday and am a member of like a million forums. Turbobuick.com is the only one that does this. Perhaps it's time for new software? I don't 2nd guess you because you work in IT (as do I). But you know as they say, "The shoemaker's shoes are aways the last to get fixed". I don't wanna do anything work related when I get home either. :) That being said, besides this issue, I wouldn't mind paying a yearly fee of some sort to be part of the board. Maybe that is what needs to happen. Everything can't be free you know! ;)

This happens to me on a lot of sites. Its not just here and its because of the ads. I dont know if you know anything about how ads are implemented but basically its just you go to the website of the advertiser, they give you a snippet of code to stick in your template and viola, ads.

Its happening to me on lots of other sites. Maybe you just dont browse any of them. It even happens to me on msn.com

Anyone having issues try downloading and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and also CCleaner. Do full system scan with Malwarebytes and use CCleaner to clean up old files and check registry for errors.

Good luck..;)

This happens to me on a lot of sites. Its not just here and its because of the ads. I dont know if you know anything about how ads are implemented but basically its just you go to the website of the advertiser, they give you a snippet of code to stick in your template and viola, ads.

Its happening to me on lots of other sites. Maybe you just dont browse any of them. It even happens to me on msn.com

I believe you. I do not know anything about how ads are implemented. What I do know, is I am a member of tons of automotive forums alongside everything else, some of which use the same software, use advertising, yet don't have this problem. You might want to give a shout to some of the admins of the other boards. They may be able to offer you assistance on how to remedy the issue. It CAN be fixed.

im getting kicked out again and again and again.......... I have a feeling this has to do with using the facebook log in option.... back to using the TB.com log in and still getting kicked, but not as often. only happens after viewing certain threads. example being the "109 Block limits" in the engine section.

Sorry Jay.... But thanks for your free time for us... we all appreciate it.

im getting kicked out again and again and again.......... I have a feeling this has to do with using the facebook log in option.... back to using the TB.com log in and still getting kicked, but not as often. only happens after viewing certain threads. example being the "109 Block limits" in the engine section.

Sorry Jay.... But thanks for your free time for us... we all appreciate it.

Clear your cookies. The site was moved to another server and that can cause some issues.

Here's a detailed description of what's happening on my PC's (doesn't matter whether it's IE9 or IE10)
When I click on the link to bring me to tb.com I have it set to come up on the main forums page. Does this just fine

Then I look for a forum of interest and click it.

Then I browse the forum and choose a thread to view and click on it to enter. May or may not enter the thread on the first click, kinda random but usually not.

When done, I hit the back button to leave the thread. Works OK.

Then I click the back button to leave that forum to get back to the "main" forums page. It does not leave and the display is at the top of that forum page

Then I click the back button AGAIN to leave that forum to get back to the "main" forums page. the screen flickers and I'm still in that forum but further down the list where I was when I selected a forum to enter.

Clicking the back button yet again gets me back to the "main" forums page.

Make sense?

Something I just tried that seems to be working so far, under the "gear" in right upper corner of IE, highlight "safety" and put a check next to "Active X filtering"...

Thanks, I'll have to check that when I get back to the house.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.