Found some wheels I really like

Brer Rabbit said:
I was about to order these wheels right now, but now Im thinkin goin 17s in the front and 18s in the rear. I already have the Black GNX stlye wheels on my White Buick, so these wheels are going to go on my 67 GTO. I need a suggestion on whether to go with the black or go with the silver on an all black car? Any ideas.

In my opinion...silver wheels just stick out too much on an all black car. Then again, sometimes when I see black wheels on a black car it seems like you can't see any details in the wheels. But 99% of the time, I'd say go with black.

Chicago guys..

My buddy with a Chevelle and I are about to each order a set for our cars ---were thinking we might get a price break for ordering 2 sets under one transaction. Which is why Im asking if anyone else who is for SURE gonna buy, let me know and maybe we can bring the price down even more. Damn Im still not sure what color to buy though. :confused: . Im going to call them around 11:30 our time, so please call me before that so I can negotiate with a lil more power. My number is 708-670-8981. Gary

wheels

Brer Rabbit said:
My buddy with a Chevelle and I are about to each order a set for our cars ---were thinking we might get a price break for ordering 2 sets under one transaction. Which is why Im asking if anyone else who is for SURE gonna buy, let me know and maybe we can bring the price down even more. Damn Im still not sure what color to buy though. :confused: . Im going to call them around 11:30 our time, so please call me before that so I can negotiate with a lil more power. My number is 708-670-8981. Gary

Hey put me in for a set....

Did you find out anything?

Dennis

I spoke with them on the phone the other day, gonna go pick up a set mon, you get a MUCH better pirce if you show up with cash :cool:

Don't you need 4" of backspacing with an 8" rim? Everything that I have been reading has said that but I want to clarify before we buy my brothers wheels.

depends- on my car i have had 15x8.5 w/ 5" backspacing and a 235/60 tire, still had 1/2 inch of clearance

I like those. I think they will look great on your car. Post picts when you get them.

not yet, i had to buy a small trailer for work so the wheels got to wait another week or so

well i couldnt scrape together the $ yet for the 17's so i threw on the prime wheels that i had. 275/60 in back on 15x8.5 and 235/60 on front on 15x8.5. not sure i like the 275's, kinda tall. anyway still stashing away for those 17's

Attachments

• HPIM0682.JPG
    HPIM0682.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 637
well after a quick drive around the block looks like this is not the right combo. the rims have 3 3/4" backspacing. the rear tires rub the fender lip when turning and going over bumps, and the front tires rub a little when turning. oh well there for sale, i think they were ment to be for an s10. it looks good though. looks like a 255/60 or a 50 series would work great on the rear. fronts i think are too wide with this offset. anyway the wife heard them scraping pulling into the driveway and was like "whats that"- oh honey thats why I need new rims, these just wont work right-hehe

I have 255/60/15s on the rear with no problems. Had them on the front also but rupped like crazy. "Luckly" I ran over a muffler u-bolt and destroyed one of my tires so I bought the right size for the fronts. I went with the factory 215/65/15.

OK- took off the prime wheels and on went some centerline pro-stock wheels. These are old wheels from the 80's and are extremely light! The fronts are 15x4 with 165/80 tire, the rears are 15x8.5 with 5" backspacing and a 255/60 tire. They fit great and I like the look for now. I got about 1/4-1/2 " clearence on inside and plenty on outside. If I can get my hands on a used 275/50 I would like to try that, maybe with a 1/4" spacer. As far as my wife knows...these dont fit either(hehe)

Attachments

• HPIM0688.JPG
    HPIM0688.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 320
SPS said:
What do you guys think of these wheels for a wh1 t-type. They are 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing and only $470!!! brand new

So i am assuming nobody tried out the Cragar style wheels? will those fit correctly?

I did. they look sick :biggrin:

I went 255's (r) and 235's (f) Nitto 555's (not 555R). The stance is perfect and they hook waaaaaay better than the garbage Radial TA's I had on before.

PM or email me if you'd like some pictures.

Can you post up pics?? If not, please send me some. Same for you Dale (hybrid85)
Thanks, Scott