G-body 25.3 SFI rebuild

This thing gets better and better every update. Really loving the carbon fiber looking "anti scuff" plates or whatever you want to call them on the tubes. This is an amazing car!

Thanks for the compliment. Will try and keep everyone updated as assembly progress continues.

Started on bending up the new rear brake hard lines tonight. Also would like to get started on laying out the routing of the hard lines for the onboard fire system.

Between last evening and today, I had some productive time in the shop. No huge progress, but was able to finish up several small projects.

The rear tinwork is all riveted in place.

The brake lines are now complete front to back only needing to order the rear flex lines once the rear is set in place to measure for length.

The fire system is now completely installed and plumbed as well. Quite a project for sure.

assembly10.jpg

assembly11.jpg

assembly12.jpg

assembly13.jpg

assembly14.jpg

assembly15.jpg

assembly16.jpg

assembly17.jpg

assembly18.jpg

Tomorrow morning I will begin the wiring. I'm sure it'll be a slow start as I need to come up with a plan on wire routing, etc.

Have you used them before just wondering the pressure rating on them i am doing a fuel system and need some of the same type.
Chris

Have you used them before just wondering the pressure rating on them i am doing a fuel system and need some of the same type.
Chris

I don't know the exact pressure rating, but we have used these fittings many times and they do the job fine.

stupid question for ya`ll what are the benefits of manual brakes?

Lighter weight, better stopping power (4 wheel Strange Pro Race disc brakes) and for an engine like my 582, there's simply not enough engine vacuum to operate the vacuum booster.

I looked on the websites for the compression /AN fitting and did not see them unless they are called something else i may have to call them.
Chris

As I thought, slow start on the wiring, but it's a start anyway. lol

Couple pics I missed previously.

assembly19.jpg

assembly20.jpg

assembly21.jpg

This next pic shows the overhead switch panel wires attached to the A-pillar. This was done as the A-pillar trim will cover/hide the wires.

assembly22.jpg

assembly23.jpg

assembly24.jpg

assembly25.jpg

assembly26.jpg

assembly27.jpg

Little more progress from last evening. Slow progress, but starting to look like something.

Hard part is done, now I just need to run the wires to their destinations and make the connections.

assembly29.jpg

Little more progress from last evening. Slow progress, but starting to look like something.

Hard part is done, now I just need to run the wires to their destinations and make the connections.

You know, there are usually guys who can do fab work, and guys who can do electrical/ wiring. You obviously can do it all! This is an amazing build!

EDIT: Attention to detail is insane on this thing!

Wiring continues to make progress. Other than some little detail work on the clamps, the trunk wiring is complete. I was able to power the system up to test the tail light circuit as well as the fuel pump. So far, so good.

I had to order some small supplies, so if time allows next week, I need to get started on the data logger wiring.

assembly30.jpg

assembly31.jpg

assembly32.jpg

assembly33.jpg

assembly34.jpg

assembly35.jpg

assembly36.jpg

I would imagine many of you are tired of wiring update, so this will likely be the last one for a while. I've completed about as much of the wiring that can be done right now. All that's left is fuel pump connectors, everything forward of the firewall and the data logger sensor connections. Everything on the interior wiring is pretty much wrapped up.

assembly39.jpg

I didn't like how Magnafuel didn't show any fusing on the pump, so I searched out a heavy fuse holder and changed the wiring.

assembly42.jpg

Wiring routing across the backside of the firewall.

assembly43.jpg

I have never much cared for the flip top fuel cell caps. I stumbled onto this new spin on cap and adapter that bolts in it's place. Pretty trick.

assembly44.jpg

The red chute cable really bugged me, stuck out like a sore thumb. Again, stumbled onto a new silver one which looks much better.

assembly45.jpg

Autometer dash logger fired up.

assembly46.jpg