Great deal on XFI

When you have Kids playing $hit flys everywhere. After seeing the pictures of your garage when working on Michael Fells car you really don't have any place telling me how to clean up after myself. :rolleyes:

My garage is a disaster FUR SURE!
No basement and no shed sucks.No room but the garage to store stuff.

Sorry to see at this time you cant take a joke Ted.Did ya see the smiley:biggrin:

You too bud :D

I see you are making your rounds on the net, and so are some other folks... this is deja vu all over again!

You too bud :D

I see you are making your rounds on the net, and so are some other folks... this is deja vu all over again!

Ya funny thing,Some of the guys here are making rounds but under aliases on the other boards:eek:

Hows that new job going?

You don't hear very often when a ECU had failed and blew a motor. Now the public can beware.

A buddy of mine scattered his SBC last year due to a malfunctioning MSD 7531 box. Kicked some nice aluminum rods out the side of a DART aluminum block. Car would idle and drive fine but under boost it wasn't acting right. When a car makes near 2000hp it's hard to hear detonation and he never found the problem until he had oil under the tires. The box has been back to MSD 3 times and they deny any issues, claiming it's a grounding problem. Funny the other 7531 runs just fine:rolleyes:

When you consider what all can go wrong we all should be worried about these issues. We trust our hard earned money to a MAP sensor probably made by child labor in some 3rd world country. Maybe those blow thru guys really are smarter than we are:eek:

A buddy of mine scattered his SBC last year due to a malfunctioning MSD 7531 box. Kicked some nice aluminum rods out the side of a DART aluminum block. Car would idle and drive fine but under boost it wasn't acting right. When a car makes near 2000hp it's hard to hear detonation and he never found the problem until he had oil under the tires. The box has been back to MSD 3 times and they deny any issues, claiming it's a grounding problem. Funny the other 7531 runs just fine:rolleyes:

When you consider what all can go wrong we all should be worried about these issues. We trust our hard earned money to a MAP sensor probably made by child labor in some 3rd world country. Maybe those blow thru guys really are smarter than we are:eek:

I guess in Teds case atleast F.A.S.T owned up to it being a internal fault and didnt try to push the blame off.

Did MSD end up doing anything for him?

I guess in Teds case atleast F.A.S.T owned up to it being a internal fault and didnt try to push the blame off.

Did MSD end up doing anything for him?

No, they still say it's a grounding issue with the car and refuse to swap this box out for another. This has been going on for about 5 months. He continues to race on a loaner from a local. Looks like he will have no other choice than to buy another box:rolleyes:

No, they still say it's a grounding issue with the car and refuse to swap this box out for another. This has been going on for about 5 months. He continues to race on a loaner from a local. Looks like he will have no other choice than to buy another box:rolleyes:

Is he gonna stick with MSD or is there an "UPGRADE" he can switch too?

I'm not sure how bashing the XFI is going to help Mike sell his box :confused:

Dave, I don't know why you didn't call me in the first place regarding this issue. I would be curious to know what changed Mike's mind about the system.

Even though the system was bought last year, I will give you a FULL REFUND towards the BS3 you guys now want. We sell nearly one XFI/day. I doubt we will get stuck with it. Call me, and we can work out the details.

Mick would rather sit on his $1500 XFI box rather than blow his $15000 botie motor.

Mick changed his mind when he heard Teds motor blew due to a malfunctioning XFI box, he didn't want to be the next one.

Mick already has his Big Stuff 3 box, Mike gave him a great deal on one.

Art,
Even though you didn't buy the system from me, I would be more than willing to help you sort out the transbrake creep feature. Keep in mind, the values change as the load increases.

BTW: Beautiful kitchen, Ted.
Thanks for the offer Cal. I've already contacted the appropriate parties complaining about it and after running extensive diagnostics I found out what the problem was. I also put in a feature request to have the creep feature work in second gear. I was told they are taking my suggestion into consideration for a future release.... :rolleyes:

Art.

Mick already has his Big Stuff 3 box, Mike gave him a great deal on one.

No problem, just trying to help. Consider the FULL REFUND good towards ANY products from Hartline Performance. Call me if this is acceptable.

You guys need to wash the sand out of your v a g i n a s and resolve this your selves!

If you can........ send a check here and help me out and it would greatly help resolve this problem I have. Other than that I would be interested in a explanation from you since you were a FAST GURU at one time on why the box may have failed. :confused:

Why did it and others boxes go into flash mode and cause a no start situation with 12.3V present?

If you can........ send a check here and help me out and it would greatly help resolve this problem I have. Other than that I would be interested in a explanation from you since you were a FAST GURU at one time on why the box may have failed. :confused:

Why did it and others boxes go into flash mode and cause a no start situation with 12.3V present?

PM sent Ted

It could be possible that the place you got your 12 volts from may not have had 12.3 during cranking mode.
Just a guess,as i have no idea were you fed it from.

Ted, What exactly happened? Did the box cut off like you killed the ignition? I'm trying to see how it killed the motor since I have no info. I can see if the injectors quit firing or it started firing out of sequence but if it just shuts off I don't see it hurting the engine. I've seen direct scan cause cars to stall during a pass just like you shut the ingnition off. Even at full boost it never caused damage.

I'm assuming by what you've posted the ecm went into reflash mode during your pass. What effect does that have on the critical maps, fuel pump run mode etc??

Who's front mount are you using:biggrin:

Ted, What exactly happened? Did the box cut off like you killed the ignition? I'm trying to see how it killed the motor since I have no info. I can see if the injectors quit firing or it started firing out of sequence but if it just shuts off I don't see it hurting the engine. I've seen direct scan cause cars to stall during a pass just like you shut the ingnition off. Even at full boost it never caused damage.

I'm assuming by what you've posted the ecm went into reflash mode during your pass. What effect does that have on the critical maps, fuel pump run mode etc??

Who's front mount are you using:biggrin:

HAHA I like the last question!!!!

Anyways, the car would not start at Norwalk in the semis. It went into Flash mode for some reason. Others have had the problem, PM have been coming in. At BPG after review of the Racepak data the even bank was hot and the odd wasn't but the odd bank bent the #1 rod and busted the #3 and #5 and the even bank was not damaged, but the headers coating burned off and that supports the 1745+ EGT temps. I put another motor in and determined the even cylinders were running retarded. The Racepak RPM data was currupt(takes it's reference from MSD Box). The ignition strategy seemed to be affected for some reason.

There was no indication of any problem in the last full pass made at Norwalk. The data was clean.

The FAST datalog, you would never know there was a problem. A/F was on target and boost was around 23, timing around 22 degrees. The Racepak showed the whole story. Bill Anderson looked at the logs and suggested a timing issue, he was right.

For those who wonder, the car felt lazy, never misfired or anything. Sure I should have lifted sooner and I would have got off light with a new set of rods, I'm sure the rods would have damaged at that point for sure.

HAHA I like the last question!!!!

Anyways, the car would not start at Norwalk in the semis. It went into Flash mode for some reason. Others have had the problem, PM have been coming in. At BPG after review of the Racepak data the even bank was hot and the odd wasn't but the odd bank bent the #1 rod and busted the #3 and #5 and the even bank was not damaged, but the headers coating burned off and that supports the 1745+ EGT temps. I put another motor in and determined the even cylinders were running retarded. The Racepak RPM data was currupt(takes it's reference from MSD Box). The ignition strategy seemed to be affected for some reason.

There was no indication of any problem in the last full pass made at Norwalk. The data was clean.

The FAST datalog, you would never know there was a problem. A/F was on target and boost was around 23, timing around 22 degrees. The Racepak showed the whole story. Bill Anderson looked at the logs and suggested a timing issue, he was right.

For those who wonder, the car felt lazy, never misfired or anything. Sure I should have lifted sooner and I would have got off light with a new set of rods, I'm sure the rods would have damaged at that point for sure.

OK, I'm with you now. You had two sepearate issues.

I have had the no start issue due to a weak battery. After some research I found the low voltage can cause it to go into flash mode, thus the no start. I actually was glad it did that so there would be no way to make a pass without proper voltage.

I can see where the ignition sequence was the likely culprit. Thanks for the info. Sorry this happened but I still don't see a real reason to bash XFI. It was some type of electronic malfunction which can or has happened to other boxes at some time or another, XFI, Bigstuff or like my buddies MSD. When you sit down and think about what gets our cars from a to b it should scare all of us into another hobby. Good luck.