Great deal on XFI

OK, I'm with you now. You had two sepearate issues.

I have had the no start issue due to a weak battery. After some research I found the low voltage can cause it to go into flash mode, thus the no start. I actually was glad it did that so there would be no way to make a pass without proper voltage.

I can see where the ignition sequence was the likely culprit. Thanks for the info. Sorry this happened but I still don't see a real reason to bash XFI. It was some type of electronic malfunction which can or has happened to other boxes at some time or another, XFI, Bigstuff or like my buddies MSD. When you sit down and think about what gets our cars from a to b it should scare all of us into another hobby. Good luck.

I really don't see the problem putting this mishap to light and with a conclusive reason. If everybody kept these things quiet others may not realize the strange things this box does and learn from it.

I'm sorry if FAST doesn't like it, but I am the guy paying the bill here and if they don't like the truth told about the product they sell and profit from then I suggest start compensating the customer like most REAL businesses do.

I really don't see the problem putting this mishap to light and with a conclusive reason. If everybody kept these things quiet others may not realize the strange things this box does and learn from it.

I'm sorry if FAST doesn't like it, but I am the guy paying the bill here and if they don't like the truth told about the product they sell and profit from then I suggest start compensating the customer like most REAL businesses do.

I totally agree Ted. But it's one thing to post about a box gone bad and another to get on here and tell everybody their engine will blow up because they have XFI which is exactly the tone in you and Dave's posts. I have now read enough posts in all these XFI discussions to see where this is going. Sorta like "The Jack" intercooler deal. Big Stuff has no market in the Buick world. Meaney hands out a couple boxes and a few of you beat down XFI and maybe draw some business in that direction. If I remember right, Big Stuff was around before XFI. Funny how you guys weren't running this from the beginning.

BTW. The Mustang that could barely turn the rollers on a local dyno with the BS3, put down over 1500rwhp with XFI. Guess all of them will have issues now and then;)

I wish you luck, see you guys in BG.

it's one thing to post about a box gone bad and another to get on here and tell everybody their engine will blow up because they have XFI which is exactly the tone in you and Dave's posts. I have now read enough posts in all these XFI discussions to see where this is going. Sorta like "The Jack" intercooler deal. Big Stuff has no market in the Buick world. Meaney hands out a couple boxes and a few of you beat down XFI and maybe draw some business in that direction. If I remember right, Big Stuff was around before XFI. Funny how you guys weren't running this from the beginning.

BTW. The Mustang that could barely turn the rollers on a local dyno with the BS3, put down over 1500rwhp with XFI. Guess all of them will have issues now and then;)

I wish you luck, see you guys in BG.

That's your opinion Dusty and you are entitled to it, but I have to ask you to find and quote me saying that everybody will blow their motor with a XFI. There will always be a few loyal followers that will look the other way when problems occur. Each to their own. I looked into BS3 before I bought my XFI box but the hype about the XFI being such a great box swayed me to it.

Did the Mustang guy send the box back to BS3 and was the box determined to be bad or was it a wiring problem perhaps?

Big Stuff has no market in the Buick world. Meaney hands out a couple boxes and a few of you beat down XFI and maybe draw some business in that direction.

That's a serious conspiracy theory. I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but I can assure you that is not true.

It is a sad day that a consumer can't post the truth about a product. I wonder how the local news channel gets away with it every day.

It is a sad day that a consumer can't post the truth about a product.

Sad day?Isnt that what you did?

I dont have a problem with you speaking your mind about a product and how it worked for you.After what weve been thru,You should know that

Did the Mustang guy send the box back to BS3 and was the box determined to be bad or was it a wiring problem perhaps?

The car was worked on for weeks until the customer got tired of a high $$ car sitting that wouldn't run. This was last year and support for the BS3 was no where to be found. Kinda hard to make it work unless you lived next door to Meaney, then his attitude was less than professional so the shop went in another direction. I do see now where Sparky and a few others offer support for BS3.

I'm not going to take the time to go back over this topic to find a quote but I do remember Dave saying his brother didn't want to blow up his engine so they are "upgrading" to BS3. If you know me you'd know I'm no loyal follower of anything. I choose my products by their value/performance and I have plenty of confidence in my XFI system.

As far as a conspiracy theory. I get all my information to form an opinion right here on this board. Maybe I'm way off base. Being from Alabama, I do struggle to read and comprehend but I can gather enough of my brain cells to see the bandwagon forming;) Being a public forum we are all entitled to form our own opinions on the info in front of us. I have formed mine. You don't have to defend yourself if it isn't true. Using the media is also not the brightest way to get a point across. We all know how they twist and edit info to meet their own agenda.

The box doesn't have to be sold, it appears there is an offer for a full refund.

TTT for you guys. Hope everything works out for you...I'm out

I'm not going to take the time to go back over this topic to find a quote but I do remember Dave saying his brother didn't want to blow up his engine so they are "upgrading" to BS3. If you know me you'd know I'm no loyal follower of anything. I choose my products by their value/performance and I have plenty of confidence in my XFI system.

When you have a XFI ecu take out a motor like it did to Ted's a "malfunction" I cant blame my brother for not wanting to be the next potential malfunction.

This is not a Big Stuff vs XFI battle it's just about getting the word out about a guy who lost his motor due to a malfunctioning ecu and the warning signs.