Gt47-88 Vs Gt42-76r

Status
Not open for further replies.

GN280CI

I have stage 2 motor (280ci) GN1R, Bowling green intake, inj 95 lbs, cotton intercoller, F.A.S.T B2B, Full weigh car 3600lbs w/o driver. I would like to have your suggestion for my car between GT47-88 VS GT42-76R :confused: :confused:

mark

Mark,
Is all going to depend what you wanna do with the car and how fast you wanna go. Cal has experience with both. The 76 went 8s in his car.

Louie L. said:
Mark,
Is all going to depend what you wanna do with the car and how fast you wanna go. Cal has experience with both. The 76 went 8s in his car.
i hope run 9.00 9.20 full weigt car :eek:

Go with the 42-76 if those are your choices.
The 47-88 is way bigger and way harder to spool and hasnt shown alot of promise on a GN1 headed car.
But like Louie said the 42-76 has already gone in the 8s

Louie L. said:
Mark,

louis you run 9.24 @ 147.5mph how many boost :confused: :confused: :confused:

Based on what you are saying the GT42 is a good choice.
You don't need to spend the extra money on an R IMO.
You may want to talk Cal, since he has tested hybrid turbos as wel,
plus he is a nice guy and that never hurts! :biggrin:

I have a 47/80 turbo on the mustang and it spools fast and makes a ton of power,
1013hp to the wheels.I would think about putting bigger injecters in
If you put this turbo on your car.

hopes this helps

Dennis Butt

88 mustang gt 8.94 at 155.75mph (Buick powered)(FOR SALE)
Winner of Q8 at midwest challange 2003
Runner up Q8 at midwest challange 2002

Attachments

• Stage 2 motor pics 002 25%.JPG
    Stage 2 motor pics 002 25%.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 513
protracracing said:
I have a 47/80 turbo on the mustang and it spools fast and makes a ton of power,
1013hp to the wheels.I would think about putting bigger injecters in
If you put this turbo on your car.

hopes this helps

Dennis Butt

88 mustang gt 8.94 at 155.75mph (Buick powered)(FOR SALE)
Winner of Q8 at midwest challange 2003
Runner up Q8 at midwest challange 2002

i affraid satured head because is very big turbo :confused: :confused: i have gn1 r :rolleyes:

sorry my english is very bad :( :(

The 42/76R will get you in the 8's at 152+ no problem. I believe it has been 156 in Cals car. I would step up the injectors and get rid of the intercooler though.

Ted A. said:
The 42/76R will get you in the 8's at 152+ no problem. I believe it has been 156 in Cals car. I would step up the injectors and get rid of the intercooler though.

TED A . my car is full weigh 3600 and me 200 = 3800 lb :eek:

are you sur put my car in 8 sec ?

Wow, that is HEAVY. I can't believe the car weighs that, I was thinking it was a typo and was with driver.

You should get close if the combo is put together right. The 42/76 is rated at 1200 plus, I'm not sure what the 47/80 is rated at, but that is also a nice peice.

GN280CI said:
I have stage 2 motor (280ci) GN1R, Bowling green intake, inj 95 lbs, cotton intercoller, F.A.S.T B2B, Full weigh car 3600lbs w/o driver. I would like to have your suggestion for my car between GT47-88 VS GT42-76R :confused: :confused:

mark

I would upgrade your current intercooler as you are only safe running mid to high 10's. RJC, Precision Turbo, Lonnie Diers, Paul Thompson all make quality intercoolers that will get the job done and keep the motor in one piece.

top gun said:
I would upgrade your current intercooler as you are only safe running mid to high 10's. RJC, Precision Turbo, Lonnie Diers, Paul Thompson all make quality intercoolers that will get the job done and keep the motor in one piece.

the cutton intercoller is bad to run low 9 sec ?? :confused:
what intercoller you suggered ??

The intercoolers listed above have tested well in our findings. I am particular to the V1 and the Garrett cores(PTE). I would shop the units listed above. I am sure some of the suppliers can provide you with data on thier units.

I would not run your current unit at your intended power levels, your MAT temps will be VERY high, that's for sure.

Ted A. said:
The intercoolers listed above have tested well in our findings. I am particular to the V1 and the Garrett cores(PTE). I would shop the units listed above. I am sure some of the suppliers can provide you with data on thier units.

I would not run your current unit at your intended power levels, your MAT temps will be VERY high, that's for sure.

:confused: jack cutton do not run whit cutton intercoller :confused:

GN280CI said:
the cutton intercoller is bad to run low 9 sec ?? :confused:
what intercoller you suggered ??

Most Heavy Hitters and non Heavy Hitters "Sully" have removed "The Jack" Cotton intercooler from their cars. Manifold temps on mid 10 sec and quicker cars using "The Jack" tend to get in the toasty range.

I would run any of the Intercoolers mentioned above.

GN280CI said:
thank you ted your help is very apprecied :cool: i hope run 9.00 :eek:

No problem, I am here to help out. Check out my sig and give Cal a call if you need any "go fast" parts or whatever turbo you decide to go with.

top gun said:
Most Heavy Hitters and non Heavy Hitters "Sully" have removed "The Jack" Cotton intercooler from their cars. Manifold temps on mid 10 sec and quicker cars using "The Jack" tend to get in the toasty range.

I would run any of the Intercoolers mentioned above.

where the better place for buy v1 intercoller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.