Gt47-88 Vs Gt42-76r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Cal a call, he can provide you with any of the above intercoolers and I'm sure he can answer any other questions about turbos you may have, he tests quite a few and is privy to dyno results and tuning on a lot of combos. He can help you get that 9.0x timeslip you want.

protracracing said:
I have a 47/80 turbo on the mustang and it spools fast and makes a ton of power,
1013hp to the wheels.I would think about putting bigger injecters in
If you put this turbo on your car.

hopes this helps

Dennis Butt

88 mustang gt 8.94 at 155.75mph (Buick powered)(FOR SALE)
Winner of Q8 at midwest challange 2003
Runner up Q8 at midwest challange 2002
Hi there. How much for the complete setup?

Thanks

flipmo

Ted A. said:
Give Cal a call, he can provide you with any of the above intercoolers and I'm sure he can answer any other questions about turbos you may have, he tests quite a few and is privy to dyno results and tuning on a lot of combos and he can help you get that 9.0x timeslip you want.

:cool: thank you ted !!

ted i have intercoller for sale very not expensive lollll ;)

Mark, Interesting thread here, unfortunately the guys that are helping you are once again spreading BS info. Ted and Dave really need to get their cars running, unfortunately they've blown their crap up using their IC of choice, and have nothing better to do with their time other than attack me. I'm not going to argue here, it's unfortunate to once again be the target of these 2 internet trolls. Too bad, they have much they could do to help others but this BS doesn't help anyone. They started on me last year at this same time and here we go again..... Hopefully the mods and participants here will not allow this to go on again...

Now to once again have to defend my product, I will first tell you that we do not know what version IC you have, so to condemn it is obviouisly premature and more obviously shows the lack of concern as to what it is, since the AGENDA ONCE AGAIN IS PLAIN FOR ALL TO SEE. If you have one of our units older than 1 year, most likely it is our original unit from 4-5 years ago. It has been 8 and 9's on many cars with no issue and replaced several of the manufacturers that were mention above with better results and performance. I have worked on larger units the last 2 years, tested last summer and this summer and have had excellent results. As for what I use in the Pumpkin, I ran 8's over 4 years ago with the original unit and a Tubonetics T4-76 turbo for over 2 seasons before putting on a larger version of our design last spring. This year we have come out with new units that are more than comparable to anything on the market. I also offer custom built units to almost any dimension required. I would welcome a call from you to speak about your needs for IC and turbo.

Sorry to have gone off base, but I have no choice but to respond to this BS. As for the original thread, if you are looking to run low 9's I think since you are pretty heavy, more info about your combo would be needed. One point I'd like to make is you will require a substantial turbo to flow the air required to push 3600-3800lb car down the track. I'm in the shop evryday, feel free to call me anytime.

JCotton said:
Mark, Interesting thread here, unfortunately the guys that are helping you are once again spreading BS info. Ted and Dave really need to get their cars running, unfortunately they've blown their crap up using their IC of choice, and have nothing better to do with their time other than attack me. I'm not going to argue here, it's unfortunate to once again be the target of these 2 internet trolls. Too bad, they have much they could do to help others but this BS doesn't help anyone. They started on me last year at this same time and here we go again..... Hopefully the mods and participants here will not allow this to go on again...

Now to once again have to defend my product, I will first tell you that we do not know what version IC you have, so to condemn it is obviouisly premature and more obviously shows the lack of concern as to what it is, since the AGENDA ONCE AGAIN IS PLAIN FOR ALL TO SEE. If you have one of our units older than 1 year, most likely it is our original unit from 4-5 years ago. It has been 8 and 9's on many cars with no issue and replaced several of the manufacturers that were mention above with better results and performance. I have worked on larger units the last 2 years, tested last summer and this summer and have had excellent results. As for what I use in the Pumpkin, I ran 8's over 4 years ago with the original unit and a Tubonetics T4-76 turbo for over 2 seasons before putting on a larger version of our design last spring. This year we have come out with new units that are more than comparable to anything on the market. I also offer custom built units to almost any dimension required. I would welcome a call from you to speak about your needs for IC and turbo.

Sorry to have gone off base, but I have no choice but to respond to this BS. As for the original thread, if you are looking to run low 9's I think since you are pretty heavy, more info about your combo would be needed. One point I'd like to make is you will require a substantial turbo to flow the air required to push 3600-3800lb car down the track. I'm in the shop evryday, feel free to call me anytime.

Anyways, so is the unit in question(the old one) a good choice to build a 9 flat car with what you know today?

I gave this guy some advise. I did not attack you or your accomplishments, why do you attack mine?

It would appear that the masses have changed units and agree that a better unit is currently available.

Which part of my above post(s) are not truthful?

BTW, which of the "Many" cars was it in the 8's on? :rolleyes:

JCotton Hopefully the mods and participants here will not allow this to go on again... QUOTE said:
Here we go again....Jack trying to control the information.

With the masses removing "The Jack" from their cars and happy with the new COOLERS that says it all.

P.S. see you in Reynolds Jack

Ted A. said:
Anyways, so is the unit in question(the old one) a good choice to build a 9 flat car with what you know today?

I gave this guy some advise. I did not attack you or your accomplishments, why do you attack mine?

It would appear that the masses have changed units and agree that a better unit is currently available.

Which part of my above post(s) are not truthful?

BTW, which of the "Many" cars was it in the 8's on? :rolleyes:

Where does it say what version of Jack's IC he is using? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

V6 Beast said:
Where does it say what version of Jack's IC he is using? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry Sully, He just cleared it up and I guess it really was the old unit. Thanks for your concern.

P.S. I edited my previous post.

GN280CI: Feel free to PM me if you would like with any more questions you may have. :cool:

JCotton said:

hello jack

its me the guy from quebec who went at your shop in june (the guy which waited 2 months to have its FAST) I have the first generation of intercooller and I really do not intend to change it for another, but at present I have a LT-76 JOHN CREIG and I would like to change it for larger. The car is full weight (3600 lbs) I would like to have a time slip of 9.4x :cool: :cool:

GN280CI said:
hello jack

its me the guy from quebec who went at your shop in june (the guy which waited 2 months to have its FAST) I have the first generation of intercooller and I really do not intend to change it for another, but at present I have a LT-76 JOHN CREIG and I would like to change it for larger. The car is full weight (3600 lbs) I would like to have a time slip of 9.4x :cool: :cool:
With your goals in mind i would use a Garrett GT42-76 and upgrade your intercooler.You are talking about trying to d o this at a substantialy heavier car than most.The BA Intercooler by far is my intercooler of choice and it flat out keeps inlet temps cool.
Jim Romes 9.80 car had starting line temps of 56* last week crossing the line at 73*
ABout the best ive seen

Ted A. said:
Sorry Sully, He just cleared it up and I guess it really was the old unit. Thanks for your concern.

Well at least you weren't spouting off at the mouth and condeming something without knowing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KLHAMMETT said:
With your goals in mind i would use a Garrett GT42-76 and upgrade your intercooler.You are talking about trying to d o this at a substantialy heavier car than most.The BA Intercooler by far is my intercooler of choice and it flat out keeps inlet temps cool.
Jim Romes 9.80 car had starting line temps of 56* last week crossing the line at 73*
ABout the best ive seen

:confused: What is the BA intercooller?
Sorry i'm verry bad in english :(

Ted A. said:

I heard temps didn't change much with the new unit.

top gun said:
I heard temps didn't change much with the new unit.

Maybe some day Jack can send one of his new units up here to MI for some real testing (Turbo outlet temp, Turbo outlet pressure, Outside air temp, Intercooler outlet temp, MAT temp) all layed out on a chart for him to decide.

Jack, the offer is still open. :cool:

Ted A. said:
Give Cal a call, he can provide you with any of the above intercoolers and I'm sure he can answer any other questions about turbos you may have, he tests quite a few and is privy to dyno results and tuning on a lot of combos. He can help you get that 9.0x timeslip you want.

Just like he did for you at Salem? He may want a longer laster solution than that.

Pisssing match aside:

I still really like the old style PTE88 and it is still the turbo to beat on a GN1 style head. I can run over 150 mph with 26 psi, 24* timing and 11:0 AFR. I can pretty much bracket race the car at 8.90/9.0 with this setup at 3450#'s. At 3800#'s I think you are going to fall short with the 42/76. A 47/88 seems like a good turbo but it is physically much larger and will be more difficult to mount than the old style T4 "based PTE88 so you may want to consider those issues. IMO the jury is still out on whether the newer 47/88 is even any better than the old PTE88 on a GN1 head car.

Ted A. said:
Maybe some day Jack can send one of his new units up here to MI for some real testing (Turbo outlet temp, Turbo outlet pressure, Outside air temp, Intercooler outlet temp, MAT temp) all layed out on a chart for him to decide.

Jack, the offer is still open. :cool:

Now that is funny I don't care who you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.