Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

Please please please get rid of the from oil filter!
Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

Yep. That oil filter was put on just to keep from having an open invitation to dust and sich getting into the engine. I have one of those PTE Turbo Saver deals that uses the big Wix filter. Shawn just spun that fram on there to 'keep the door closed'. The PTE Turbo Saver will go back on when I plumb in the oil cooler lines.

Nice car but awesome American Bulldog. Where dod you get him from?

Thanks man. I do have a problem with the Bulldog though....he thinks the only reason I go into my garage is to play with him. He is a great dog. I got him from this guy that is in the US Marine Corps and is into our Turbo6 cars....I can't remember his screen name LOL. I find it hard not to get into dog stories about him but that could be an entire thread of itself.

LOL I saw that too. Go get yourself a Wix or a Napa Gold for that thing.

Nice job BTW Clay. Can't wait to see a vid of it running.

Thanks Mike. I do use the Wix and Napa Gold filters.

Cam is a big boy !!!!!!! I will have to send you some pic of his brother and dad. His dad is getting old and starting to slow down some, but he is still king of the yard LOL. The Guy you got him from is one Cool Guy!!!! lol

I got him from this guy that is in the US Marine Corps and is into our Turbo6 cars....I can't remember his screen name LOL.

OMG I thought you were serious for a moment....probably because I have some of those myself. The other day my wife was asking me what the sandwich is called that is French and is dipped in sauce. Ummm....French Dip? Awhile back her and I her trying to remember the name of the hair band that sang Final Countdown. We kept saying, "I remember they were from Europe". LOL.

Ok, back to the regularly scheduled program...Git back on it so you can drive it before it gets too cold!!!! Either that or move out to Phoenix (this is how you spell it Scot haha) to drive your Phoenix all year long.

I put in a new application for the licence plate. They showed my first app as available but then issued it to someone else. My new application is for
trying for this plate.jpg

It'll be the only one with it spelled as phoenyx in existance, fitting for a special car. Hope they don't manage to give that to someone else like they did your 1st app.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

well u could always misspell it like the thread title ;) ... glad all worked out... was good to meet you at BG

Fram oil filter is GONE. Installed my PTE turbo saver and finished the connection of the tranny cooler lines. I'll install my radiator hoses and heater hoses tomorrow and I'm adding fluids.
image2 (6).JPG

I got rid of those PIA grounds behind the passenger cylinder head. I just installed a Casper's Electronics ground stretcher. It sits behind the coilpack like it came from Buick that way. My OEM heater valve didn't survive the fire so I'll have an aftermarket heater valve installed until I get another OEM one. I have an aftermarket one that was kept as a spare so that's what I'm going to use for now.
image1 (6).JPG
image2 (7).JPG
image3 (5).JPG

Looks like a bolt for your coil pack bracket is missing........

Looks like a bolt for your coil pack bracket is missing........

Yeah the coil pack was sitting in place just posing for the picture. Everything is bolted back down now.

Man freakin' radiator hoses are hard to find. All the parts places have to order them. I remember when they had them in stock....I guess our cars are getting old.

I have been using an aftermarket heater valve that i bought and installed back in the 90's maybe some day i should consider replacing it. But being made of plastic it doesn't have the look of the oem metal one but at the same time it doesn't rust like the oem one either because of being made of plastic.

I also custom made my upper and lower radiator hoses using chrome plated copper piping from the plumbing dept. at Lowes. I cut the radiator hose ends off leaving the sections on the thermostat housing, water pump,and radiator inlet and outlet in place and long enough to attach the sections of piping and has been running this way for years. I used 2 sections of 1 ft long piping and one elbow for the upper hose and 1 section of 1 ft piping for the lower hose.

Clay, I sent you a text.
You should have an upper radiator hose...somewhere. It came off of my car and was only a year old. I took it to Shawn's so if it did not make the trip...he can send it to you. I did not have a lower but if you call Pete at Kirban's...he will have a lower I do believe.

Clay, I sent you a text.
You should have an upper radiator hose...somewhere. It came off of my car and was only a year old. I took it to Shawn's so if it did not make the trip...he can send it to you. I did not have a lower but if you call Pete at Kirban's...he will have a lower I do believe.

Thanks Coach. I got it covered. I do have your hose and was looking for lower hoses at the parts stores when I saw that they don't stock either any more. I did end up finding one. Thanks.

I'm waiting on gauges now. They are supposed to get here Monday. I thought about it and I'd rather install gauges with the engine dry so that I don't make an oil/antifreeze mess installing sending units. ...AND good god have gauges gotten expensive.

You are for sure doing everything correctly. By spring when the car show season comes around...you'll be ready, and then the fun will really start.
You need to have someone ride with you and video the maiden voyage. Maybe even have another car follow and tape it from 2 points of view. That would be really cool.

You are for sure doing everything correctly. By spring when the car show season comes around...you'll be ready, and then the fun will really start.
You need to have someone ride with you and video the maiden voyage. Maybe even have another car follow and tape it from 2 points of view. That would be really cool.

That is a great idea.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who have supported me with the build, donations, and morally. Thank you all.