Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

What a pleasant surprise, the gauges got here early!! Vac/Boost, Fuel Pressure, 2Kº Pyrometer, Oil Press, & Water Temp...all full sweep.
image017_zpsdbe0d81c.jpg

The fitting for the water temp gauge sender is the wrong size for our intakes. So now I'm waiting for the right sized fitting to come in. Looks like Thursday it'll be here. Oil pressure sending unit is installed.

OK I'm still waiting on that fitting for the water temp sending unit so in the meanwhile I did a few things. I installed my Pre-luber system and yes that is a Fram oil filter...again. I'll have to spin it off and see if I can match it to a NAPA Gold filter but I needed it on there for fitment purposes. I used quick disconnects on the suction line at the oil pan plug and at the discharge at the engine block. I made all new pushlok hoses as my old hoses looked like OLD hoses. I also drilled and tapped the frame rail for a ground strap to ground the engine to the frame. Drilled a 1 inch pass through hole in the firewall and installed a grommet (no pics). I'll get pics of that when the gauges go in. All the wiring and boost lines will go through there.

Preluber pump mounted near power steering pump.
image54_zps92b139e2.jpg

Preluber filter mounted near oilpump.
image7_zps6c2c3fee.jpg

Preluber quick disconnect on discharge at block. You can see the ground strap I installed in these pics too.
image10_zpsecd33952.jpg
image9_zpsbad367eb.jpg

Tapped frame rail and installed a ground strap from frame to engine.
image112_zpse40d9e18.jpg
image210_zps8d65ef63.jpg

Ground strap at factory negative battery cable ground.
image44_zpsccf63c1d.jpg
image37_zps88a0117f.jpg

Cruise control installed. Painted the bracket so it looks nice.
image8_zps1c188b11.jpg

Gauges are IN. Battery and fluids going in next and firing up. I'll be doing that voltmeter in the factory lamp location too. I'm trying to find an amber light volt meter. I may have to settle for yellow and darken the display with tint.
image38_zps6c10c4c7.jpg

image45_zpsa99790a3.jpg

Engine is ready to fire up....but I can't do it right now. Its dang near 3am and the entire house is sleeping as are the neighbors and the car is open exhaust after the downpipe. Ahhhhh so it'll have to wait until my day starts. I worked till the wee hours getting it here which put me behind on my 10 hour dialysis treatment which means I won't start my day until after 2pm. Oh well now its time for me to go to bed but not be able to go to sleep LOL.

Damn Clay,You are doing an excellent job finishing your car.Kinda glad they left things for you to do so it will be your final touch on the car.Keep up the GREAT work.
Thanks.

Ok latest report is I have NO fuel pump relay. Trying to figure out why fuel pump wouldn't come on and it turns out the fuel pump relay is missing in action. I'll aquire one and give it a shot. I did 'HOT wire' the fuel pump to run it and found that the O-ring at the regulator is gushing fuel. Popped on a new O-ring and fuel leak gone. So I'll try to find a local fuel pump relay to be able to get this thing started. Bummer I know. Now I have to go to this Christmas party. Like I'm going to want to be partying when I could be searching high and low for a fuel pump relay. I'll hit the parts stores tomorrow or I may have to use a bosch 30 amp relay if I can't find the Buick one.

OK the freaking starter has crapped out on me. I listed a chip for sale to make some money to go towards a new starter. It just sold so I'm heading out to get a starter.

Ok guys I'm needing some help. I have to put a finish on the IC piping. Need ideas. I'll post pics of items that will be on the car in its FINISHED state and ya'll can help me decide. I think I'll start a new thread for this as it could get fun.

Bad starter, it is a new battery.

OK so power decided to come back to the CCCI fuse all by itself!!!! I'm on the phone with Shawn O'Connor trying to figure out what the deal is. We are going over everything to make sure nothing was left undone and I go and check the fuse again and nothing. I pull the fuse inspect it and its good. Put the fuse back in and it decides its ready to work. We have power. I have no clue why we didn't or what happened to get it back. Any way the car fired up. I had to peddle it but it fired up. I only let it run for a short while 15-20 seconds and shut it down. I had a transmission fluid leak at the lines going to the cooler so I tightened that up. I need to get more oil. My oil level is down a bit and I'm out so its off to Walmart. When I get my oil level back up I have to give the idle screw a turn to see if I can get it to idle and post a video.
SjW91.gif

What a great way to end the weekend. :)

The Phoenix is alive!!!

Big congrats. This must feel great.

Mike B.

I like your first comment. "We got fire! The GOOD kind." :D

This is a great day for all of us.

Thanks for the video, to make us part of the rising.:)

Mike B.

Thanks guys. Yall's support has been monstrous.

OK guys its time for me to transform into the Rattle Can Chip Foose again. I have to paint my IC piping and possibly my air intake piping as well. I'd like some input. I have an idea but I'd to hear some options and opinions. First I don't want to do this twice so I'd like it to match the engine that is going to end up as the permanent power plant which is a stage 2 that Senor Don Cruz has so graciously offered to assist me with. The valve covers I got from Tom in Bowling Green, think about that when was the last time Tom was in Bowling Green. I have not seen any like them but I believe GN1 has a set that is close. The turbo is a Turbonetics that is finished in that fine black metallic paint with red lettering. I'm thinking that if I can get a black metallic finish on the IC piping that it would be my best option. The valve covers are going to be much harder if not impossible to match but I think they'll be fine without any matching finishes on other stuff. I believe having the same finish on the turbo and IC piping would tie in nicely. My 'Big Mouth Cold Air Kit' has polished pipes. Nothing in the engine compartment will have a polished finish with exception of the RJC pulleys. I may just paint that piping the metallic black as well. That's my take. Chime in and let me know what you think and shed some light on this from different angles. I'd like to hear your ideas. Pics of the finish of the valve covers and turbo.
image56_zps81f1edbd.jpg

image71_zpsf3aaec9a.jpg

image62_zps3e2822a4.jpg

image81_zpsbff7bca1.jpg

The metallic in the black is not showing up very well in the pics. It is super fine metallic very dark silver.
image212_zps2784271c.jpg

image46_zps7323ad6b.jpg

image34_zpsd1ce4c1c.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Yall's support has been monstrous.

OK guys its time for me to transform into the Rattle Can Chip Foose again. I have to paint my IC piping and possibly my air intake piping as well. I'd like some input. I have an idea but I'd to hear some options and opinions. First I don't want to do this twice so I'd like it to match the engine that is going to end up as the permanent power plant which is a stage 2 that Senor Don Cruz has so graciously offered to assist me with. The valve covers I got from Tom in Bowling Green, think about that when was the last time Tom was in Bowling Green. I have not seen any like them but I believe GN1 has a set that is close. The turbo is a Turbonetics that is finished in that fine black metallic paint with red lettering. I'm thinking that if I can get a black metallic finish on the IC piping that it would be my best option. The valve covers are going to be much harder if not impossible to match but I think they'll be fine without any matching finishes on other stuff. I believe having the same finish on the turbo and IC piping would tie in nicely. My 'Big Mouth Cold Air Kit' has polished pipes. Nothing in the engine compartment will have a polished finish with exception of the RJC pulleys. I may just paint that piping the metallic black as well. That's my take. Chime in and let me know what you think and shed some light on this from different angles. I'd like to hear your ideas. Pics of the finish of the valve covers and turbo.
image56_zps81f1edbd.jpg

image71_zpsf3aaec9a.jpg

image62_zps3e2822a4.jpg

image81_zpsbff7bca1.jpg

The metallic in the black is not showing up very well in the pics. It is super fine metallic very dark silver.
image212_zps2784271c.jpg

image46_zps7323ad6b.jpg

image34_zpsd1ce4c1c.jpg

I see that MKX floor mat!! A fellow lincoln lover!!

I used a ceramic clear header paint.on my up pipe and intake. Used a scotch Bright pad to get out the blemishes and give it some texture. I'll get pictures this afternoon.