highly modded regal with questions??

ytsglock

I need to talk with someone who is familiar with a highly modded buick regal to help make it faster...its running 11.00s at 20 psi on slicks at 120 mph.it has the fast efi kit on it.it was built by Anderson performance in Maryland.its a friends car and he doesn't use pc any.it has roller cam..ported heads..64 turbo with 3200 stall..front mount intercooler..alchohol injection.throttle body with ported intake,,and list goes on.anyways..the car is slow off of the line.1.91 and 1.85 60s with a slicks and 10 psi launch..and 6.80 1/8 mile time.i told him to call the manwho built it to get it faster.it has the F.A.S.T. efi .the car doesn't have a fuel pressure guage.hes wanting to turn the boost up but wouldn't he have to turn up the fuel pressure also?any help would be appreciated.

No you don't turn fuel pressure up to turn the boost up. That is the fuel pressure regulator's job. You may want to confirm that pressure rises 1:1 with boost. For tuning post your location and see if there is a tuner in the area. Or fly Cal Hartline out to do it.

O man...you just missed Bowling Green. You could have had more help then you needed there!

I would not mess with the tune or push the car hard until you get a fuel pressure gauge in that bad boy. You need to verify your fuel pressure to make sure you have the correct static psi and the pressure rises 1:1 or else you just a ticking time bomb. Then once you have that, you can set a baseline tune and take it from there. You will need to log a pass with the XFI to accurately see and adjust the tune. Please dont turn the boost up until you know what is going on!!!!! If anything turn it down or else there is going to be a roller and a bunch of performance parts coming up in the "for sale" section.

it was dyno tuned when they done the build and its just the same now at 20 psi with no knock..it had 460 some rear wheel horse power.and now the owner is wanting some faster slips.i told him not to change anything until he spoke with the man who built it.

460 rear wheel HP is not going to get you a 6.80 timeslip...

Bryan

il get the timeslips from him this evening.im pretty sure that's what it was running..i have no reason to fib about it.

I would get ahold of Anderson to discuss the tune, that 60 ft sucks, converter may be crapped out, or a very mild timing tune, is there sort sort of boost controller you can find ?
It may be setup for a soft leave on street tires, also, how tall are the slicks ?
My street car will give 1.7 60 ft

I do remember it was around 101 mph in the 1/8..like your car.but I see you have 100 more rwhp.il get theexact numbers on it tis evening and post them..i have 2 videos on here but not sure how to post hem.

I think his car is slow from a dead stop and the 330 or 300..which ever they use now.i see bryans point.its probably my mistake..

Fwiw, I dynoed at 500hp 511tq and ran 11.0 @122 w/1.7 60ft 20psi 20/20 timing. I agree he right around 500 or a tad over.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I know that...a 1.80 60' and 460 HP will NOT go 6.80 in the 1/8th.

My car at 555 HP and a 1.54 60' went 6.91 @103 in the 1/8th

Bryan
I agree, for stock weight....., no 20 MPH tailwind, maybe he had both working for him.
I personally never raced a dyno, timeslips are time slips, Bryan you had a damn good 60 for zero boost launch !!!

what would help his car get a better 60 ft?he does 10 psi launches with no spin on 28 inch slicks.

I agree, for stock weight....., no 20 MPH tailwind, maybe he had both working for him.
I personally never raced a dyno, timeslips are time slips, Bryan you had a damn good 60 for zero boost launch !!!

I can't wait til the day comes when all is right with my car and I can launch off the trans brake ...

Bryan

what would help his car get a better 60 ft?he does 10 psi launches with no spin on 28 inch slicks.
Depending on his tune, he could throw timing in the 1/2 or lean it out a tad depending on where he is now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app