How much boost on E85

Not too sure on HP at a guess around 700rwhp.
Went 9.34@152 few weeks back. I shift at 7100rpm.

Afr 10.4 - 10.5

152 mph at 3000 lb race weight works out to 880 bhp. That mph should also be 8.95s run.

E85 stoich is 9.8:1, and best power is at 7.0:1. Are you running 10.5:1 with E85?

Bit of an update to this thead. Went 8.81@158 few weeks back. 5.66@126 1/8. Boost at 28psi and timing at 21deg. Good fuel this ethanol stuff. Yes gas scale for fueling. We did put it on the dyno and made 717rwhp but I looked at the log of the run when I got home and the guy only put 70% throttle in and pulled out at 6500rpm sucks a bit as I was shifting at 7300 and ran it out to 7400. He said he wasnt used to this kind of power. Newbie I think. No matter. Mph is all that matters. Switching to a chiseled w2a now. See how that goes.

Last edited:
Keep this thread alive!!!!! Need more input from all levels of E-85 users as to their experience (good or bad) with E-85 and why they like it or not....................

Keep this thread alive!!!!! Need more input from all levels of E-85 users as to their experience (good or bad) with E-85 and why they like it or not....................
I like it because its cheap and it makes power. Also you dont cough your lungs up from methanol fumes or c16 lead poisoning. Plus its at the pump in most places now.

I have run up to 25psi and 28 degrees timing on the street.
I hate the smell of gas. I'm currently tuning a BBC 454 and just get sick of the fumes gas gives off........ E85 rules!

I run 25-26lb boost and timing 27/22. I have run 30lb boost but car goes no faster above 26lb. Stock unopened longblock.

It seems to be that you just need the balls to keep pushing boost up if the motor is continuing to make power. Im going to go until it crys for help lol.

It seems to be that you just need the balls to keep pushing boost up if the motor is continuing to make power. Im going to go until it crys for help lol.
Yes I was trying with mine. Was not knocking at 30lb on e85. Just wasnt making anymore power. I run a TA52 and had a Dutt neck stock IC last year. This year I have a CAS V4 IC so I will see what happens.

Were switching to a chiseled w2a from a garrett cored a2a. We hope the pressure drop should net some power and hope also decreased iats. Then more boost! Lol

what is your wideband reading with that amount of boost

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

what is your wideband reading with that amount of boost

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2
I try to keep it around 10.5-10.7 It seems to be fine there. Going leaner does make a little more power but can hurt parts. Going fatter than 10.0 power falls off. We use E98 though. E85 id go to 11.0

My old setup was a bone stock 109, basic bolt ons, e85, 60# injectors, 22# of boost, 24 deg of timing. Never got any more than just butt dyno as a reference, so can't give a factual account. However, I loved it, and my new setup is going on it as well. I will update when I have some data for ya.