IN need of a 10 sec recipe

quick 6 zack

looking for a list of stuff I need to run mid 10`s . A co -worker has a 67 camaro with a 454 which I been dieing to race and beat with a v6 ha ha!!!!!!!! I have a 87 gn with no motor and trans yet just a rolling chassis . thanks

Weight sucks up HP...... So lose as much weight as possible.... fiberglass bumpers or aluminum bumper reinforcements (these go behind bumper and replace the typical steel units that are on most of them). Fiberglass hood..... fiberglass trunklid.... aluminum radiator support (rad support not really worth the hassle/cost as it is only about 10-15lb savings.

Mainly the question is how much can you spend?

You will need ported stock heads/ported lower intake/larger cam, the stock headers will work fine (weld the outside of the primaries and port match them or at least remove casting flash, large shaft turbo (PTE-70GTQ is the latest hot turbo), 72lb/hr injectors or 83lbers...., 3" downpipe, and larger front mount intercooler. Then don't forget built transmission and high stall convertor, 28x10.5" slicks with stock gears out back. If you have a stock shortblock in good shape then that will work if you can tune it with zero detonation. Add buying all this up individually and the price will be shocking.

Or make it easy and buy my motor:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128292

And strap on a big honking turbo with supporting injectors/intercooler/fuel management system/fuel system.... and lots of traction. I have all that too.... :D

To go 10's you will need to have a serious setup. May even want to consider a TH400 because built TH200R4's are bank $$$$. A BOP Th350 would work as well.

-Mark