Installation of Caspers audio knock

Turbo85

Installing the Caspers audio knock guage and the instructions are a little confusing. Does the Yellow Wire/Black stripe from caspers audio knock guage go to the signal wire at B7? On the installation instructions on top of the page says A6 but at the bottom it says B7.
I know we all install this guage just making sure where to pick up the signal to knock guage. Thanks.

There is only one yellow/black stripe wire at the ECM. That's the signal wire.

I installed mine tonight and read the instruction very close. It said to solder the yellow black wire of the knock sensor, to the pink/black stripe wire going to the ecm. You may have it installed backward:confused:

The yellow/black wire should only attach to a yellow/black wire. The pink/black wire should only attach to an ACCY feed, at the fuse box.

Thanks for the reply! Please check your instructions, I think there may be a typo on the wires. It said and I quote
(Locate the wire at the A6 terminal (pink/black stripe). Strip back 1/2 inch of insulation from this wire, about two inches away from the connector. You may need to peel back some of the tape wrapped around the wires. You will solder the Yellow/black stripe wire from the audible unit to this wire.)

I just went to your website and opened the instuctions for the audible knock detector and it is differant than the instructions sent. It has yellow/black wire instead of pink/black stripe as in the instructions sent.

Will it harm anything if I install a toggle switch to turn it off when I need some quite time?

Will it harm anything if I install a toggle switch to turn it off when I need some quite time?

Nope. Although it's usually pretty quiet, since it doesn't start to squawk until there's a moderate amount of knock pulses. It chirps quickly for low to moderate, tone is longer for moderate knock and tone is very long for severe knock. It's all instantaneous reporting.

Thanks for the reply! Please check your instructions, I think there may be a typo on the wires. It said and I quote
(Locate the wire at the A6 terminal (pink/black stripe). Strip back 1/2 inch of insulation from this wire, about two inches away from the connector. You may need to peel back some of the tape wrapped around the wires. You will solder the Yellow/black stripe wire from the audible unit to this wire.)

I just did mine the other day and I too received the wrong instructions. I had to cut the wire and resolder it to the Yellow/black wire.:mad:
I thought it looked wierd because the bottom picture was different, oh well, it works now!:p

Well..I guess I should have done this search before I attempted my install. I fell for the misprint on the directions that came from Caspers (why are these still going out wrong!!:mad:) and originaly hooked the black and yellow wire to the ECM wire at terminal A6 which turns out to be the ECM power wire. Needless to say it didn't detect knock very well.

Now it is hooked up to the correct B7 signal wire but I amstill having issues with it - it will not shut up.

As directed, pink and black It is hooked to a switched acc +12 that shuts off while the engine is cranking and blk/wht is on a good ground.

Sometimes it chirps on startup -which I have read is common, but most often it just stays on constantly the whole time the car is running (no knock on the scanmaster at all) Any ideas? Is there a chance I cooked it when I had the pink/blk hooked up to the ECM power for a while?

Well..I guess I should have done this search before I attempted my install. I fell for the misprint on the directions that came from Caspers (why are these still going out wrong!!:mad:) and originaly hooked the black and yellow wire to the ECM wire at terminal A6 which turns out to be the ECM power wire. Needless to say it didn't detect knock very well.

Now it is hooked up to the correct B7 signal wire but I amstill having issues with it - it will not shut up.

As directed, pink and black It is hooked to a switched acc +12 that shuts off while the engine is cranking and blk/wht is on a good ground.

Sometimes it chirps on startup -which I have read is common, but most often it just stays on constantly the whole time the car is running (no knock on the scanmaster at all) Any ideas? Is there a chance I cooked it when I had the pink/blk hooked up to the ECM power for a while?

Mine is the same way. It chirps alot when running. I also wander if it is toasted by hooking it up the wrong way as in the instructions. I even put a switch on it and it still chirps, but not as loud.:confused:

Hopefully you never hear the thing!

Ive had one in my GN for 9 years, only heard it a few times. And yes, occasionally on startup.

I sometimes hear mine on start up also. Kinda good in a way, that way I know it still works.:)