Interesting turbo/dyno test tonight= bigger isnt always better

Corrected the crank sensor ring on the balancer or set the cam sensor at 20* instead of 25*?

Corrected the crank sensor ring on the balancer or set the cam sensor at 20* instead of 25*?

No. The car has XFI and any error in the interrupter ring is easily offset in the functions. The cam sensor location doesnt matter and its not timed to #1 on this engine anyway. You can be off a lot on the cam sensor and it wont matter.

head gasket problem? New port job on the heads? Different turbo config?

Bob

(how many guesses do I get?)

Slapped on some aluminum heads and sent it back. :p

I thought he was too busy to port anything. ;)

did you put it on a mustang dyno and play with the axle weights in the software? that'll get you 50 hp lol :p

I had a car come in the was down on power with a 6776 turbo,made 542 at 28#s, gave the motor to RPE to have him check things out, he made a few changes,nothing new,i know he freshened the heads(he did not freshen the motor) nor tell me what he did,but the car redynoed at 604 at 28#s afterwards.

Well freshening or porting the heads will cause the boost to drop if left at the same wastegate pressure. For example 28psi with a 6776 turbo on champion aluminum heads is not equal to 28 psi with stock heads. Other than that updating the tune by smoothing out the timing curve, maximizing air fuel ratio, and running it with better gas could easily account for the 60 rwhp imo.

Well freshening or porting the heads will cause the boost to drop if left at the same wastegate pressure. For example 28psi with a 6776 turbo on champion aluminum heads is not equal to 28 psi with stock heads. Other than that updating the tune by smoothing out the timing curve, maximizing air fuel ratio, and running it with better gas could easily account for the 60 rwhp imo.

We are not goign to reveal exactly what it was but it had nothing to do with the tune or the dyno. Even if we did say it most wouldnt be able to duplicate it. I posted a lot about it in the past coupe years. All runs were done on dynojet dynos and all runs were tuned with an XFI at the same targets and timing with nearly zero correction. No fuel delivery or ignition problems either. The only thing done to the heads that would matter is the valve job and your not getting that much pickup even if you had a bad seal on all valves.

We are not goign to reveal exactly what it was but it had nothing to do with the tune or the dyno. Even if we did say it most wouldnt be able to duplicate it. I posted a lot about it in the past coupe years. All runs were done on dynojet dynos and all runs were tuned with an XFI at the same targets and timing with nearly zero correction. No fuel delivery or ignition problems either. The only thing done to the heads that would matter is the valve job and your not getting that much pickup even if you had a bad seal on all valves.

.....so your not gonna tell us......

people have to keep some secrets. keeps people thinking and on there toes