Just got back from Gainesville!!!!!!

Vader 87

Licensed
Me and Eric took our GNs down to Gainesville for T&T tonight......all went pretty well except it was very crowded and i only got in a whopping 4 whole runs. Anyways, the new converter and turbo really work well.....i never was able to get over 20psi of boost because i think my wastegate hole is too large for my thdp and it wont go any higher but ill fix that later.....so with only 19 to 20 psi i ran.......

Run 1: 12.40@112mph

Run 2: 12.05@114mph

Run 3: 11.87@115mph (new 11 second club member!!!!)

Run 4: 11.76@116mph

My new best 60 ft was a 1.65

I thought my 60s wouldve been better than that b/c of the new converter but i was ripping the slicks hard out of the hole and still pulled a 1.65......im thinking i may be in need of some LCAs or a better rear sway bar. The 9x11 hits hard though.....im very happy. So to sum it up i picked up 5 tenths with 2 1/2 less psi of boost than when i ran 12.2@111 with the stock D5......

Jason

P.S. Eric had some killer numbers too but ill let him brag......:D

Me too :)

Yeah me and Jason had a good time:) I only got 2 runs in but they were good!! I was in street trim pretty much...Just had some 103 so I wouldn't knock..Still kept the street boost level and fuel settings..

First Run: 12.90 @ 110mph w/ 2.39 60' Launched at 5psi and
spun

Second Run: 12.3 @ 112mph w/ 1.99 60' Launched at 1 1/2 psi

Still have room to make up for my 60' times!! But all in all, a good first trip to the track:)

Superb!!!!

Jason, that is fantastic!!!!!!!:D

Dayum Jason...That rocks. I will be so glad when I get the moola together so I can get one of the 9/11 convertors for the 87. The best run for it was with a Vig 9.5" n/l...I still can't figure what possesed the guy to swap it for the PTC junk that's in it now. Oh well....when I have the money, Bruce, I will be ordering a 9/11 for the 87 GN in the sig.

yea its about time...:D

my 9-11 converter is sweet only got to try it out one night but it worked much better than any of the 12" converters i've had in my car..

but now im going to go bigger turbo and lighter chassis so i might be in for a restall...loosen things up alil..;)

guess i need to all ya Bruce and see what i need to do...it'll be a few weeks yet before i pull my motor out so im in no rush then i wont need it for a while while i get the other chassis ready..

Vader good to see you got in the 11 second club and not pushing it too hard at that...congrat's on the times

c-ya..RED

Originally posted by Slo86GN
Dayum Jason...That rocks. I will be so glad when I get the moola together so I can get one of the 9/11 convertors for the 87. The best run for it was with a Vig 9.5" n/l...I still can't figure what possesed the guy to swap it for the PTC junk that's in it now. Oh well....when I have the money, Bruce, I will be ordering a 9/11 for the 87 GN in the sig.

I see you pulled a 11.44@117 in your sig.....i went 1 mph slower and went 11.7....you must have pulled a killer 60ft to get that!!!
What was it?

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
yea its about time...:D

my 9-11 converter is sweet only got to try it out one night but it worked much better than any of the 12" converters i've had in my car..

but now im going to go bigger turbo and lighter chassis so i might be in for a restall...loosen things up alil..;)

guess i need to all ya Bruce and see what i need to do...it'll be a few weeks yet before i pull my motor out so im in no rush then i wont need it for a while while i get the other chassis ready..

Vader good to see you got in the 11 second club and not pushing it too hard at that...congrat's on the times

c-ya..RED

Yeah i wanted to push it up to like 25 psi or so but the dumb thing wouldnt go any higher:mad: ......I figure if i ran that at 20 psi i should get some low 11's out of it with more boost and a leaner mixture.

Nice

Jason good to finally meet you, man all of the GN's and T types were kicking major butt. I was very impressed with all of them. I just hope mine will run like the devil too...

James

Good times...I figured things would be crowded down there. I would've gone and hung out if I'd known you were heading down. Jason, you may need a high boost actuator or a bleed valve to get more than 20 psi. You can always hang an extra spring on the actuator...years ago people even researched the optimal screen door spring..called it the "10 second spring". :D

Eric, sounds like your car was running very well for street trim. I don't think that car even has posi, does it? You still have the stock IC on too?

Hmm, Casey goes 7.50s in the 1/8th with my "home ported" heads..Eric goes 112 mph in street trim with a motor I put together...Note to Self: Get yer own stuff outta the garage!

Thanks Kendall...I "think" it has Posi haven't really looked at it while doing a burnout...I think it does though...Yes, the intercooler is stock though..I'm looking in to getting the V4 here in the next month or two...I'm looking to hit 12.0 in street trim...I think I can reach that goal if I get the V4 and hook up with a 1.7 or so 60' time...

PS Yes u do need to get the car out so we can see what it can
do:)

I do have one question for ya...My oil pressure gauge seems to be going crazy on me...I'm going to get a mecahnical one..Is there a high volume oil pump u put in the motor when u built it? And what kind of pressure do u recommend me seeing at idle and wot...Thanx:)

Eric

Originally posted by YoungTurbo
Thanks Kendall...I "think" it has Posi haven't really looked at it while doing a burnout...I think it does though...Yes, the intercooler is stock though..I'm looking in to getting the V4 here in the next month or two...I'm looking to hit 12.0 in street trim...I think I can reach that goal if I get the V4 and hook up with a 1.7 or so 60' time...

PS Yes u do need to get the car out so we can see what it can
do:)

I do have one question for ya...My oil pressure gauge seems to be going crazy on me...I'm going to get a mecahnical one..Is there a high volume oil pump u put in the motor when u built it? And what kind of pressure do u recommend me seeing at idle and wot...Thanx:)

Eric

You should be able to reach that goal with no problem. 112 mph is enough to go 12.0s easily. I would check the rear as I think it may be open.

As far as my car, I'm workin' on it. It takes a huge amount of work to build a S2 car, especially when it's a garage effort. I'm shooting for mid-summer right now. I just took the block over to Hedrick's shop for the final deck height check so we could order pistons and I just bought slicks and wheels for it. It should be rolling shortly, which is good because I'm sick of seeing it on jackstands. :)

Oil pressure...that motor does not have the high volume gears. If you see 7-10 psi per 1k RPM, it should be fine IMO. These cars are not known for stellar idle oil pressure, to put it mildly.

Re: Me too :)

Originally posted by YoungTurbo
Yeah me and Jason had a good time:) I only got 2 runs in but they were good!! I was in street trim pretty much...Just had some 103 so I wouldn't knock..Still kept the street boost level and fuel settings..

First Run: 12.90 @ 110mph w/ 2.39 60' Launched at 5psi and
spun

Second Run: 12.3 @ 112mph w/ 1.99 60' Launched at 1 1/2 psi

Still have room to make up for my 60' times!! But all in all, a good first trip to the track:)

Those numbers on run #2 are very close to my times on radials and 93. What boost? I ran 12.4x@113.x at 13 lbs. 60 ft was 2.0 and above. Stay away from the Octane Boost. It coats your plugs and O2.

Hey Jason, congrats on the quick times. We should be out there tearing up the track with some high 9's soon, either that or we'll be sweeping behind the car, but either way we're gonna have some fun!!!:D :D

Originally posted by VictoryTrans
Hey Jason, congrats on the quick times. We should be out there tearing up the track with some high 9's soon, either that or we'll be sweeping behind the car, but either way we're gonna have some fun!!!:D :D

LOL.....yeah im waiting to see what the black beast will do!!!!

Originally posted by KendallF
Good times...I figured things would be crowded down there. I would've gone and hung out if I'd known you were heading down. Jason, you may need a high boost actuator or a bleed valve to get more than 20 psi. You can always hang an extra spring on the actuator...years ago people even researched the optimal screen door spring..called it the "10 second spring". :D

Eric, sounds like your car was running very well for street trim. I don't think that car even has posi, does it? You still have the stock IC on too?

Hmm, Casey goes 7.50s in the 1/8th with my "home ported" heads..Eric goes 112 mph in street trim with a motor I put together...Note to Self: Get yer own stuff outta the garage!

Kendall, i think i know the problem with the boost....the wastegate hole is too stinking big for the thdp puck.....i dont think its sealing it completely. I already have a high boost actuator too!!! Hmmm.....:cool:

Re: Re: Me too :)

Originally posted by CraigT

Those numbers on run #2 are very close to my times on radials and 93. What boost? I ran 12.4x@113.x at 13 lbs. 60 ft was 2.0 and above. Stay away from the Octane Boost. It coats your plugs and O2.

Nice time......what turbo was that with?

That pass was made on ET Streets, so "only" pulled a 1.52 60ft...:rolleyes: As for the mph, the car has an errant knock somewhere, so lost a little there. We've checked everything, so it's down to either being the exhaust pulses in the ATR Single Shot or just an odd transition noise of some type. With the f'ed up convertor (60ft sucked), the car went 8.57 @ 90 mph in the 1/8 with only 16-17# boost, pump gas, RA93 chip, and reg BFG radial tires. Saw very little knock on DS and EGT was nice, so looks like maybe it was just an errant noise that went away. I just need to get the money together so I can get a good convertor, fill her up with race gas, put the race chip in, turn it up, and hang on for dear life...:D :D

LOL.....yeah im waiting to see what the black beast will do!!!!

If it was up to me we would already be at the track breaking parts:D

But my dad has to do it right the first time so we're waiting for the fuel cell and the seats. With about 200lbs off and a PT-74 in place of the old TE-64 with 30+psi, I dont think a single 9.99 will be too much of a problem, but like I said that's if we dont break first:D

Originally posted by VictoryTrans

If it was up to me we would already be at the track breaking parts:D

But my dad has to do it right the first time so we're waiting for the fuel cell and the seats. With about 200lbs off and a PT-74 in place of the old TE-64 with 30+psi, I dont think a single 9.99 will be too much of a problem, but like I said that's if we dont break first:D

Sweet!!!!

Remember to let me know ahead of time when you are going....i want to make sure im there so i can get a ride!!!;)

I'll definitely let you know..........I'll let you know as far ahead of time as possible so you can let some of the other local guys know ahead of time too, gotta get a strong TR showing up there one night. When the car is done, we still have to take a weekend out to tune the car again, so I'm guessing itll be close to a month before we're out again