La Carreta

It's not about the drive for me and you know that cause I showed up at the track (An hour and 35 min drive) in the G/F's HUNdah Civic just to record some of you guys. My car has been having it problems lately(I mean when is it not!) and I haven't had the $ to fix it right away.

If I do make it to the track tonight, which I don't think it's going to happen, I don't want to see a freaken 14. seventy nothing from anybody. O.K.

What price did you get on the THDP Tony? (if you don't mind)

I Give up!!!!

DAMN IT!!!!!

Something is up with this car.... It's either me or something...

Jorge, we're cool I am just hoping these guys get to the meetings.. this could ne a kewl deal we got going on here..

As far as my car I am stupified... I just don't get it.. these are my mods...

K&N, Terry Houston Down pipe and high flow cat, 3200 RPM Art Car 9in lockup converter, Blue top (36lb) injectors, Atr PitBull chip, T-40 Turbo. Still cannot get better that 14.69. I ran on 110octane (Screw the O2 sensor). What the heck is going on. Mac boost set at 12PSI.. I just cannot figure this out. This car should be doing better... Don't tell me to get a SCANMASTER.. I didn't have one before and went faster.. As far as the cost for the down pipe I paid like 350.00. So, tell me guys what the heck is my car doing..

Tony

I just watched your video again. You are really not hooking up. And it doesn't look like you are leaving with that much boost.

I would either change tires or put more air in. I think you are airing down to much (street radials) and you are getting a bulge in the middle.

I would leave with 3lbs of boost and see what that does. Then try 5lbs.

I would up the boost. 12 is not enough. I hit at least 15.

Buy a scan master!

Hmmm...

If I air the tires up I am going to loose hook.... The tires will then be more prone to traction loss. Street tires need to be aired down as that helps them bite.

As for leaving with more boost, well I can't.. As I preload, my rear tires start to creep at around 2 to 3 lbs and I am mashing the pedal till my face is red still no improvement. I get slippage.. I think I am going to have to do the vacumn brakes on my car. Because I am just not holding at the line.

Turning up the boost.. Well... I am going to give that a try so I will let you all know what happens. I have to get more hook though as my 0 to 60ft time is crap. So that is the goal for the next run.

Gotta Go..
Tony

If you air down street radials, they will cup in the middle. Kind of like an upside-down U. It is like the opposite of over-inflating them, (which means they will contact only the middle). They should be at an even 30 psi. I have an issue of hot rod magazine that talks about it if you want to see it.

If your powermaster is not holding even at 2-3lbs, then I would bleed the brakes and try a new accumulator. I have a new accumulator that you can borrow.

your 0-60ft is crap becuase you are not leaving with boost. I had the same problem on my first run. My first run, with no boost was, 2.23 60ft. My second run, with 2-3lbs boost was 1.93 60ft. That made all the difference in the world...

Next La Carreta meet is this Thursday, April 4.

Meet at towershops at 8. La carreta at 9.

I'll bring the dominoes...

La Carreta.......

Guy's, La Carreta hang out has been shut down by the Metro Dade cops for the past two Thursdays. Why, I don't know. The other few hang out areas have been known to be sealed off by cops several times. They block all the exits and start passing out tickets for BS like tints, exhaust,etc. I can find us a spot somewhere near the area, and if the cops see us, they will not bother if they see nothing but Buick’s in the parking lot. It's those big hang out areas with ricers doing burnouts and different cars going in and out that the cops mess with. I wouldn't want any of you guys coming down here to get tickets.

If it's just 10-20 of us, the near by AutoZone will be great. It's open till 12 and the cops can't say anything because....we're all debating about which type of spark plugs we should go in and buy ;) .

Let me know.

Jorge.

hmm.

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. What is the problem? Does the ACLU know about that?

If the resteraunt is still open, whey don't we just go inside "para cafe cubano y pasteles con quava y queso y juego dominos"?

Originally posted by jsta6
hmm.

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. What is the problem? Does the ACLU know about that?

If the resteraunt is still open, whey don't we just go inside "para cafe cubano y pasteles con quava y queso y juego dominos"?

Don't get me wrong, you can park, go in and eat without a problem. We just can't stand outside in the parking lot and BS like we used to.

Word is that one of the Metro dade cops son died recently during a Drag racing incedent so...... Plus, cops around here are D!cks and don't have anything better to do.

Whats' the ACLU?

I know, I know.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

==========
Whats' the ACLU?
==========

What are they teaching you in that college that you go to?;)

american civil liberties union.

The took the city to court when they put a ban on "cruising" A1A on south beach.

Anyway, I am hip to hanging out inside the restuarant.:cool:

Then I guess we should look into it to see if we can do anything about it.

I mean, that is private property and all, but La Carreta is open till about 1 am. Hmmm. :confused:

We can go in and grab a table and eat and BS, but whose going to watch the cars? I'm sure a few of us won't want to eat. I never do. :confused:

Let me know.

why would we need to watch the cars if the place is crawling with cops?

We need to make sure the cops don't try to take anything :D .

Nah, but this is Miami and you never know. :rolleyes:

I think we will make you the official "Miami entertainment director".

Try to find a spot. If you can't find one, I am all for hanging out inside la carreta "para beber cafe cubano y juego huesos"

I think we will make you the official "Miami entertainment director".

Try to find a spot. If you can't find one, I am all for hanging out inside la carreta "para beber cafe cubano y juego huesos"

You got it captain.

We can try going to la Carreta. If that doesn't turn out good, then we will head out to Autozone.

We're going to draw crouds regardless of where we meet.

Where's BOOST ?

From the Miami guys on tomorrows meet (Thursday night, April 4).
===============
"LA CARRETA" has been roped-off the last two weeks, so we'll move the meet.
We'll be meeting at the "AUTO ZONE" parking lot next to the McDonalds on Tamiami Trail (SW 8th Street) and approx 97th AVE.

For those who are coming down from Broward, take Palmettro Xpway (SR826)West which eventually turns South and exit Tamiami Trail ( SW 8 St.) West to the Auto Zone, which will be on your left hand side (south side of the street), since there is a canal on the north side of Tamiami Trail. keep going to 97 Ave. Once you pass 97th AVE, you will see a shopping center on your left hand side, with an Autozone at the end, Next to the McDonald’s.
===============

almost forgot

Broward guys meet at the taco bell at towers at 8. We should have four cars going down...

Excellent

From the Miami guys on tomorrows meet (Thursday night, April 4).
===============
"LA CARRETA" has been roped-off the last two weeks, so we'll move the meet.
We'll be meeting at the "AUTO ZONE" parking lot next to the McDonalds on Tamiami Trail (SW 8th Street) and approx 97th AVE.

For those who are coming down from Broward, take Palmettro Xpway (SR826)West which eventually turns South and exit Tamiami Trail ( SW 8 St.) West to the Auto Zone, which will be on your left hand side (south side of the street), since there is a canal on the north side of Tamiami Trail. keep going to 97 Ave. Once you pass 97th AVE, you will see a shopping center on your left hand side, with an Autozone at the end, Next to the McDonald’s.
===============

You sure you don't live in Miami Shawn?

Sorry guy's, no pan con bistec y presidente today. :mad:

forecast for after 5pm is for isolated/scattered thunderstorms. I will still make it down if this is truly the case. If all of florida is under water, I won't bother...