La Carreta

Originally posted by jsta6
forecast for after 5pm is for isolated/scattered thunderstorms. I will still make it down if this is truly the case. If all of florida is under water, I won't bother...

Well, Just came from the boat yard and it looks beautiful outside. Not a cloud in sight! It is about 500* or so, but doesn't look like any rain is headed towards us. I'll keep you updated till 5.

:cool:

Well, Roy is going to be at the track rental. Brad said he wasn't comming down. Gabby is tunning with C16 and a new PTEXX-e (Top secret) so he's prolly not going to come. Matt ? Joe ? I mean, me and you can go to a nice BAR in Miami Springs and have a couple beers :D if you want. I don't know if you want to drive all the way down for 2 or 3 cars. I'm right here and I wouldn't really want to go.

Hey, The Fud's show is on Saterday. You want round up the herd (spell?)and get them down here at 3 or 4 so we can get a good spot?

I did check my PM and I didn't get anything from you. Did you send something?

Later..... Old wise one :D .

Hola.

I would drive down there even for just one car, becuase I just like driving.

HOWEVER, I can't make it tonight becuase I have to much going on.

Will try to hook up later...

This Thursday, June 6 is La Carreta time again.

Jorge, what is the deal? Are we meeting back at La Carreta again or what?

This Thursday, June 6 is La Carreta time again.

Jorge, what is the deal? Are we meeting back at La Carreta again or what?

Shawn,
As you may already know, Fudds has been shut down. Cops are getting REALLY stupid around here.

I think La Carreta is out of the question. What do you say we meet at AutoZone?

Later

I am fine with autozone.

I like it there. It is well lit. There is a mcdonalds. And oh yeah, an autozone...;)

I need to get a fuel guage anyway....

give me the EXACT directions and I will post it on the web site and email it out to the group.

Do you talk to Roy or Orlando? We haven't seen them for ages...

I'll see if I can stop by Roy's today after I get out of work. I'll have to talk to Gabby to see if we can get Orlando to go out. I see Orlando all the time, but only at Gabby's.

Later.

:cool:

you know, I was just looking at your sig. Me and you pretty much have the same mods (except the cam and converter). Now that Tony is out of the picture, I think me and you are going to have to go at it to see who is really the slowest member of the club...:cool:

of course, we will have to start from a roll, and you can't use any of that xylene ;) lol

are these the correct directions?:
============
We'll be meeting at the "AUTO ZONE" parking lot next to the McDonalds on Tamiami Trail (SW 8th Street) and approx 97th AVE.

For those who are coming down from Broward, take Palmettro Xpway (SR826)West which eventually turns South and exit Tamiami Trail ( SW 8 St.) West to the Auto Zone, which will be on your left hand side (south side of the street), since there is a canal on the north side of Tamiami Trail. keep going to 97 Ave. Once you pass 97th AVE, you will see a shopping center on your left hand side, with an Autozone at the end, Next to the McDonald’s.
============

OK, so we have Alex racing a dually, and you two racing.

I'll have to put my money on Alex in the first race.

In the second race I'd have to put my money on Jorge. Two reasons for this, one he is from Miami and we know how sneaky those miami guys are, and "B" shawn usually has about 400#s of stuff in his trunk.

you know, I was just looking at your sig. Me and you pretty much have the same mods (except the cam and converter). Now that Tony is out of the picture, I think me and you are going to have to go at it to see who is really the slowest member of the club...:cool:

Now that I think about it, I do have alot of "daddies" :D when compared to the guy's in the club, but your certanly not one of them, at least not with 9 second 1/8th mile times.

of course, we will have to start from a roll, and you can't use any of that xylene ;) lol[/QUOTE]

Cool, but you can't use any of that alky if you really want to race. Pump gas and 16-17 psi is all I run on the street.

are these the correct directions?:
============
We'll be meeting at the "AUTO ZONE" parking lot next to the McDonalds on Tamiami Trail (SW 8th Street) and approx 97th AVE.

For those who are coming down from Broward, take Palmettro Xpway (SR826)West which eventually turns South and exit Tamiami Trail ( SW 8 St.) West to the Auto Zone, which will be on your left hand side (south side of the street), since there is a canal on the north side of Tamiami Trail. keep going to 97 Ave. Once you pass 97th AVE, you will see a shopping center on your left hand side, with an Autozone at the end, Next to the McDonald’s.
============
[/QUOTE]

You got it. Get my number from Alex if you need to talk to me.

I have a friends wedding to go to on Saturday, so I hope I can get out in time to watch the "Big" race. Me and You can set something up if you like, but you can't use any of that alky stuff. And you can follow me to the gas station if you want.

Later.

"Cool, but you can't use any of that alky if you really want to race. Pump gas and 16-17 psi is all I run on the street. "

negative. Your cam, adj wg, and 2800 stall are going to cancel out my alchy...:cool:

besides, my car is so badly out of tune that if I didn't have the alchy it would blow up for sure...

I will be there too.

7:50 and no rain yet so thats a good thing.

O.K., you can use your alky.....If you give me a ride in your car first so I can see what your boosting. If you beat me, and your at 20psi, than you have just wasted some good alky for nothing cause I'm just at 16-17 on PUMP Gas skippy! ;)

What does Having an adj wastegate have to do with anything? Your car has one two.

Don't tell me you have alchol injection and a T-link in your car...and you DON'T have an adj. wg yet. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is hurting captain. :eek: :eek:

yep, I am weak...

I will bring a hacksaw and my die tonight and if it doesn't rain we can take care of it...;)

hey jorge.

Sorry we couldn't get a run in. We only got that one run in, and I left with way to much boost and just liquified my tires. I thought that I could leave with five lbs without to much trouble. I think I left with 7 and it must have been way over my limit...

I thought that I could leave with five lbs without to much trouble. I think I left with 7 and it must have been way over my limit...

I can't even leave at more than 3 psi...AT THE TRACK. Forget about it on the street. I try getting the needle right at 0 boost (about 3,500 rpms or so) and it still breaks the tires loose at the end of 1st, then shifting to second. You would have made my night a little better :rolleyes: . That other guy got some though ;) . I was too far from both of you to even see if you beat him or not. Kyle said he went up in smoke too, and you pulled on him. It was the wierdest thing I have ever seen. (Some other Buick coming out of nowhere to race)

I had alot of fun last night, even though the outcomes weren't all that great.

Well, I got alot of work to do to get this thing running hard. Let me know when you want to try it out again.

Later

yeah, that was weird...

I tried to pull over to talk to him, but he bailed out...

Yep, I was lost man...I must have spun for two whole seconds before it hooked up...all I saw was you leaving...I couldn't even see the cars behind me becuase there was so much smoke...we went back to check the skid marks and they were really dark and long...:cool:

I was pulling on that guy, but by the time I was getting close, we were reaching VERY unsafe speeds and there were three cars in front of us; one which almost killed us...I am pretty sure that Brad won't be riding with me anymore...;)

the sucky part about the whole night is that I brought Brad with me in my car to help me diagnose my knock problems...but I got no knock all night...:mad:

Yep, I was lost man...I must have spun for two whole seconds before it hooked up...all I saw was you leaving...I couldn't even see the cars behind me becuase there was so much smoke...we went back to check the skid marks and they were really dark and long...:cool:

Practice my friend...........Practice.

I pretty much have the lauch down pack, now if My car would help me with the rest of the race. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: