Last race of the year at Pacific Raceways

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
Anyone wanting to join some of us for the last race of the year is invited. Sunday at 8:00 AM Picific Raceways :)

Hey Gene, how's it going? I'm going to bring out the Chevelle and Greg is planning on bringing out his Mustake, Oh! I mean Mustang!

We'll see you out there, Jim

i'd love to,but seeing as how my tranny is in a crate on its way to las vegas i don't think i'll be making an appearance...:(

pir will be open for street legals for a while yet,won't they?

FYI,

Portland International Raceway is having late night drags on the following days:
10/24
10/25
10/31
11/1

They're also doing a "street legal" race on Wednesday 10/29.

I might go out to play this Saturday night if anyone's interested.

dammit dave,wait til i get my tranny back....:D ;)

got a ta-61 on the way too...my ta-60 ate something thru the hot side years ago,chipped all the blades.been running that way for quite a while,but i'm sure efficiency isn't what it should be...

Good ol Steve Pool say its going to be kinda chilly(good tubro wether) but sunny and no rain :D Adam and I will probably be there...;) Randy

It's supposed to be sunny and 70 all weekend here in Portland. And the track is open until 1:00AM.

I bought 7 gallons of C-16 today....$10 per gallon!!!! thats the most I've ever paid.

Need to get one of those Alcohol kits! :D

What:confused:
That car didnt even use 7 gallon all summer LOL;)

Well, we had a good turn out of cars, I only made 3 passes...

10.82 @ 126 (left with 0 boost. 27 PSI on the run)
10.61 @ 126 (left with 3 pounds. 27 PSI on the run)
10.74 @ 126 (left with 5 pounds...60' was bad. 27 PSI on the run)

I left the hood closed all night. The car was running pretty good! The 10.61 pass felt really crisp...I forgot how good it feels to still be planted in the seat when you cross the finish line! :eek:

How did it go up at Pacific Raceways?

PIR is still running next weekend...if the weather holds...it should be a great end of the season event.

Forgot to mention, Toady was there running his T-Type with Alcohol assist. He ran in the 13's on skinny radials...not bad.

Blackholeunter was there with his turbo Mustang. He's got a stronger bottom end, new heads, new cam and ...of course...a bigger turbo. He was still working out the bugs...I'd expect to see it deep in the 10's next year.

Pacific Raceways was packed. Only made 2 runs by 1pm and the gates opened at 8 am!

I ran a personal best of 13.20 @ 105.89 on pump gas w/ alky on radials, stock turbo/intercooler/injectors and 92 Thrasher chip. I was happy with the mph but dissappointed that my 2.1 60' cost me a 12 second time slip.

Hopefully the others will chime in with their times.
I did see Gene run 10.60 @ 126mph
Dennis Hogan ran his "slow" street white T-Type into the 10's
Mike Price was running 10's
Wanda and Roland were running their Syclones - missed their runs
A few others came out for support: Al, Tammy, Ken Bodhaine.

Well, I didn't do as well as I had hoped, Everyone else did great!
I ran one time only.. only one.. then dialed in almost immediately after I made my time only pass. We got there at 8:30 am, and things were moving slow. I sat in my truck for an hour and a half waiting on the other classes, then ran a 13.80. Way after that I dialed in at 13.77, hoping that I would at least make it past first round, but my truck started its "thing" again like it did before we all went to Woodburn. Pat thinks maybe it was a spark plug wire. He hasn't checked, yet, but will tonite. I smelled something burning all the way back to the pits.
Pat, on the other hand, had a great day in the wagon, he came in runner up with a big check and a trophy! It was a close race. He went 7 rounds :)

DAN, get some ET streets on that thing!!!!

Wanda, have Pat cash his check and get you some new plug wires. If theres any left, he should probably buy you some bling-bling chrome goodies for under the hood. :)

Bling Bling... what's that... will it make my truck faster? haha..
I know it's not all shiny under my hood, but that's just the Brooks racing way LOL. I don't know what to put under the hood if I tried. You guys all know this stuff, not me..
Hey Randy, where were you.. I thought you were coming out to the track... I have an original red NWSTP decal for you. Its the last one, unless there is someone out there that has a decal cutting machine. I don't have enough patience to cut them out anymore by hand. They don't look as nice, either

Wanda, I thought of you guys last weekend, I was browsing the web...can't remember where, I think it was Horesepowerheaven.com. And there was a nice shot of the wagon doing a burnout!

Thanks, its been in there a couple times. They take great pictures there. Not sure sure who takes those pics, if its Rich Carlson or Larry Pfister, but they are always nice ones. We are tucking away all our racing stuff for the winter... Are you all done for the year? Get any bites on your car? Its sure pretty :)

Wanda,

>We are tucking away all our racing stuff for the winter... Are you all done for the year?

Funny you should ask....we all had such a good time last weekend we're going back out this Saturday (weather permitting of course)

Portland International Raceway
http://www.portlandraceway.com/drags.asp

Saturday 11/1 Gates open at 7:00PM and they race until 1:00AM. They have a 90db limit for sound past 10:00PM.

I'll either bring the Skylark or the Trans Am this time...the T-Type is going to need new "shoes" before it races again. [Yes Gene, I did actually wear out a set of tires! :) ]

Lots of people were impressed with the car last weekend. A few people couldn't believe it. The standard questions..."dude is that a v-6?" and..."dude how big is that turbo?"

There were some nice cars there last weekend! A true blue 70 GSX was racing, as was a true blue Cuda' with a HEMI!!!
There was a good showing of V-8 cars to offset the Hondas and Subaru WRX's.

Fingers crossed for good weather this Saturday night!

Ps. I'be been going to the drags around here since 1974. This Saturday will be the first time I'll EVER have been to the drags in Oregon in November! :) (doh! I probably just jinxed the weather!)

It was a good time even if i went out first round(Turbo Duck)
Me and Robin drove the car there and went 10.65 @ 127 MPH 1.50 60ft on pump gas on 16# boost 20deg timing:) I need more boost and might have to invest in alchol kit Hehe;) Sorry we didnt stay around to watch Patty wacker go into the finals :( We needed to go home and see what the dog had done to our house while we were gone:rolleyes: It was Robins B-Day and she was a good sport about staying as long as we did:)