lets get together in NC

Re: Get together

Originally posted by turbopete
And how close is the get together to Suffolk, VA? Looking for some of the local GSCA guys around here...
a long drive!
we would love to have ya if your up to about a 5 hr drive.

A bit too far for dinner. I am in Hampton Roads, about 30 minutes from Eastern NC. Anyone of the NC guys near me?

broke tranny

hey guys dunno if i'll get out to this event or not. MY trans just took a **** on me had to get a tow home lucky it was less than a 1/8 mile from home

Originally posted by turbopete
A bit too far for dinner. I am in Hampton Roads, about 30 minutes from Eastern NC. Anyone of the NC guys near me?

turbopete,

look for the "virginia area bs" thread - lots of TR folks in the Hampton Roads area. You should see the thread somewhere below, now that I "TTT" it (TTT means "to the top" - bumped up when someone adds a post)

after this meet we could definately have another meet in Southern VA. You VA guys just make it south central in VA and I wouldnt mind making the trip up. Maybe in Mid April??

Originally posted by sydwyndr
after this meet we could definately have another meet in Southern VA. You VA guys just make it south central in VA and I wouldnt mind making the trip up. Maybe in Mid April??

I was hoping in April there would be a Farmington T-n-T date for TR's only!!??:D

K.

Hey, I thought this thread started out as wanting to move East of raleigh? It has went the opposite direction and by 3 hours! When are you guys gonna come a little further to the coast than Raleigh for a meet? there are few enough GNs around here to start with and everytime a meet comes about it happens hours away from where I am. Don't leave the little people out. Come to the coast!:D

Originally posted by OneLethal87GN
Hey, I thought this thread started out as wanting to move East of raleigh? It has went the opposite direction and by 3 hours! When are you guys gonna come a little further to the coast than Raleigh for a meet? there are few enough GNs around here to start with and everytime a meet comes about it happens hours away from where I am. Don't leave the little people out. Come to the coast!:D

No, it never started as going east..., that was just TurboIndian forgetting his left from his right. :D

As for coming to the coast, I'm up for that. GHall and I mentioned maybe doing a gathering in the Wilmington area later this spring, early summer.

P.S.- You may need to cut your losses with AAMCO and use one of the suggested tranny builders mentioned to you here on the board.

K.

Yeah Clint, What about it punk!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: ..........

Oh wait:confused: Thats me!;) ;)

Cant get a tr only TNT but we can plan to all get together one day. Just check the web and let me know...

www.farmingtonmotorsportspark.com

About the east only meeting. It is so hard to get everybody together from all of NC/VA/SC so it just seems better to move it from place to place for TR owners to get together from near their particular area. I personally think a Myrtle Beach/ mid - late fall get together would be really cool. Hotels cheap, like fri, sat, go back on sunday kinda thing.. Just an Idea

P.S.

Remind me NEVER to give directions to the Harrisburg:D crowd EVER AGAIN!! Alternators fail south of concord it seems...

SloGN....I have a shop I've dealt with here in Raleigh that rebuilds tranny's. He's in the process of doing the one in my buick and should be ready monday. He has done numerous tranny's in the area including my 6 speed in the camaro with all the viper upgrades and also the 6 speed in my friends vette. He has the availabilty on all the parts to do any upgrade you want to the 200r4. Reasonable price to and I'm sure you could have it back and in by the 12th. Here is his web site:

http://www.staplesautoengineering.com/

His name is Craig Staples and his phone number is (919)570-1707

Originally posted by sydwyndr
Cant get a tr only TNT but we can plan to all get together one day. Just check the web and let me know...

www.farmingtonmotorsportspark.com

What's "Frantic Friday"?? I guess we could just plan on being there for the BOP event June 26th.

I'll make plans for the 2nd Annual Rock-n-Rally as well!! Count me in for that one. :cool:

K.

The 26th of June sounds good. I was hunting around Farmingtons web site and couldn't see if it was eigth or quarter mile. Which is it?
The plans for the 12th are meeting at the steakhouse in Hickory at 4:00 then hangin around for the evening right?.

Holy thread hijack Batman.:D Back to the March 12 meeting (I remember reading something about it a few pages back)...where would the Raleigh group like to start the caravan from and any Greensboro people want to join up along the way?:)

P.S.- You may need to cut your losses with AAMCO and use one of the suggested tranny builders mentioned to you here on the board.

K. [/B][/QUOTE]

Easier said than done when you've sunk 2 grand into it. I'm sure by the time they pay for the rebuilds and labor this tranny will endure under its warranty they'd have wished they'd had paid me my money back so I could have got someone else to do it the right way the first time. I also see several tow bills in their future as the judge said I could have it towed to the shop of my choice with them footing the bill. Any good shops in California?:cool:

RE tranny problems

hey guys

I tore into the trans this afternoon to find that the pump rotor has broken into several places. I hope to have a new pump and converter adn the trans back in by march 12. if not i doubt i come up