Lets Plan My DD!

Lol I saw this thing about a month ago when we were leaving Hooters
I'll dig some pics up of that car when it was delivered from the paint shop in
07 Miguel. Poor car, it is like a Time capsule. It really didn't need paint when it went in.

LMAO!!:biggrin::biggrin: Brian why don't you tell the turth .you told me that you LOVE YOO HOO, so I painted something that would INSPIRE YOU AND THE BUICK COMMUNITY!!:eek::biggrin::biggrin: LOL IS YOUR MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!! So pay me for my paint job !:biggrin: I'll take FOOD STAMP if don't have CASH!:biggrin:

LMAO!!:biggrin::biggrin: Brian why don't you tell the turth .you told me that you LOVE YOO HOO, so I painted something that would INSPIRE YOU AND THE BUICK COMMUNITY!!:eek::biggrin::biggrin: LOL IS YOUR MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!! So pay me for my paint job !:biggrin: I'll take FOOD STAMP if don't have CASH!:biggrin:

We were laughing our butts off when we came out & saw it. It wasn't just one it was a convention. Literally the convention center was across the street. :biggrin:
I said Ron hurry & get a pic no on will believe us.

OK I will throw my 2 cents in.

Stock block, stroker crank and girdle it. Aluminum heads. Good cam nothing wild.
Dual bb turbo always good on the street. Headers and downpipe with external wastegate.

FAST unit to control it. ISAC.
Now the fun. Get a 6 speed auto trans 4L65? put that behind it.

Disc brake conversion. Tires and wheels of your choice.
Something I think these cars could use too, Hotchkis TVS kit for the G body.
That will make it handle like never before.

Maybe a new dash and upgrade the stereo, of course.

Good seats to sit in too. Recaros or maybe adapt a set of TA or Vette seats in it. That would be different.

That would be a cool car IMHO.

LSx, twin turbo, 4L80 or 6-speed, quiet exhaust with electric cut-out.

Yes I am serious. This would be the ultimate sleeper/DD.

This was back in 06 before it was painted in 07

Attachments

• 87 white limited blue interior5.jpg
    87 white limited blue interior5.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 87 white limited blue interior2.jpg
    87 white limited blue interior2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 87 white limited blue interior1.jpg
    87 white limited blue interior1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 87 white limited blue interior3.jpg
    87 white limited blue interior3.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 236
I was not suggesting something smaller than a TE44, but just something of similar size, but a more modern design.

FOr a daily driver I would not go larger than a 6262-BallBearing.

The idea is something thats responsive and fun to drive without being a handful.

i.e. you want to be able to pull out around a slow moving truck and punch it without blowing the tires away.

So, be conservative and realistic on the build.

5857 ball bearing, ported irons someday if you tear into the engine, stock mount intercooler, good tunes.

Bob

Make sure its in good running condition and drive it as is. I love driving a friends almost stock car at least once a year.

Wow, all I can say is WOW! Thanks Bweavy:biggrin:

This car is so nice I am having second thoughts about driving it now. Brian kept saying I would but I didn't realize until I got it home and really looked at it on the trailer last night. I am going to take it for a spin later and will post up:biggrin:

Car is just too nice for a DD:redface: I am keeping it to add to the collection;)

We are looking at other cars to make a DD:D

Wow, those photos were before paint? Was the car hermetically sealed for 20yrs? I think you should drive it. Maybe not as a daily driver but I like the chrome on white with landau top. As a newbie and no real expertise this what I would do if were mine:
- Spring cleaning and tune up
- XP fuel pump and hot wire
- new progressive rate springs and senatrac shocks or adjustable shocks (dial in to comfort level)
- 2.5" stainless exhaust with ultra flow mufflers (super quiet)
- Comp 979 valve springs
- Scanmaster and boost gauge
- Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- 42.5, 50, or 60lb injectors
- TE44 BB turbo
- Alky kit
- Stock DP w/ ported elbow or 2.5" THDP
For the sneaky part:
- Steel rims with wire hub caps from a full size Park Avenue
- White wall radial TA's (as wide as possible)
- Electric exhaust cutout
- high flow cat convertor or hollow one
- full body bushings
- Restalled D5 converter (+200 rpm)
- CK billet servo
- Etc..
I think combo with surprise / stun most people

Come-on you just gotta do it.

Man every time I see a white T type it just makes me want one more and more. Thanks Brian and Shane, today I started looking around for one. :(