Made a few pulls on the dyno with vids

I wonder if ud benefit from switching to a lockup converter

I ask Bc I have a lockup and am wondering if I should keep it or switch.

What rpm and boost r u leaving at?

I wonder if ud benefit from switching to a lockup converter

I ask Bc I have a lockup and am wondering if I should keep it or switch.

What rpm and boost r u leaving at?

I doubt it since I have a setup that loves to rev, and a converter that apparently works good for me.

I leave around 10 psi...I don't remember what the RPM is when the car moves, like 4500 or so.

more power to ya, i hope you achieve your goals.

Thanks...I think this is about all this combo has in it, it apparently has quite a bit of backpressure because the last time I turned the boost up higher than this it split the passenger side header BAD, like halfway around the tube in 2 places bad.

Maybe one day I'll try a Q-trim turbo, or a .85 housing...Or both

my old combo was almost the exact same ,only i ran a 70 p trim turbo and 400 tranny .Is that a max effort R?
Mine went 10.30 @130
nice

What pos were you running on the chip and what fuel pressure?

It is not an R still using the stock MAF

Chip was set on B...I forget the fuel pressure for sure, maybe 42?? Haven't touched the regulator in over a year.

my old combo was almost the exact same ,only i ran a 70 p trim turbo and 400 tranny .Is that a max effort R?
Mine went 10.30 @130
nice

So far the fastest I have been is about 128 in the quarter...Would really like to get to 130, but I'm thinking it's not going to happen with what I have right now.

Did you really mean a normally asperated crank??
Who did your machine work, how long have you had that crank beating on it like that? I was on the way to a 6.6? something before i let out of it right before the traps and floored it again right after and got a 6.72 1/8th 10.63 1/4 @ 125mph. I didn't make any more runs after that, I was just glad I was in the 10s:biggrin:

Good Job with you though especially if it's a NA CRANK!!:eek:

Did you really mean a normally asperated crank??
Who did your machine work, how long have you had that crank beating on it like that? I was on the way to a 6.6? something before i let out of it right before the traps and floored it again right after and got a 6.72 1/8th 10.63 1/4 @ 125mph. I didn't make any more runs after that, I was just glad I was in the 10s:biggrin:

Good Job with you though especially if it's a NA CRANK!!:eek:

Yep NA crank...I drove it to BG last year went 10.7's and drove home.

This is the 2nd season it has been together, I don't go to the track all that often 3-4 times a year probably, and I drive it some.

Kip Asplund (Excessive Acceleration) did all the motor stuff that matters, I just cleaned stuff, painted stuff bolted some stuff together.

WOW very nice maybe you should change your name from slow to fast lol,, what setup is in the front like shocks springs.. very nice good luck, thanks

You threw a 67 turbo on there, and pushed it up to 26 psi, on a stock bottom end? You don't care if you blow out your bottom end?

You threw a 67 turbo on there, and pushed it up to 26 psi, on a stock bottom end? You don't care if you blow out your bottom end?

You can do that if you know what you are doing, and the motor is put together right. :biggrin:

Nice numbers and times Collin. See ya in BG.

Oh I care, but I think people really underrate the parts Buick gave us in the 1st place...Do I think it'll get hurt, yep eventually, but I have seen motors with WAY fancier parts last no where near this long.

I know it has been said time and time again on here but...Have someone who knows about Buicks put the motor together and stay away from detonation and you might be surprised what is possible.

BTW I didn't just throw a 67 on it and turn it up, most of this combo hasn't changed in 6 years or so...The things that are "new" (new being a year and a half old) are the cam (stock before), fresh shortblock, and the injector chip combo...Before that it was the stock straight from Buick shortblock with 90,000 miles.