Made a few pulls on the dyno with vids

You can do that if you know what you are doing, and the motor is put together right. :biggrin:

Nice numbers and times Collin. See ya in BG.

Thanks, can't wait to see your car in action for the 1st time.

What I love is this car has been inch by inch getting faster and faster. I remember a few years ago the car ran 12.0's and had a lot of drama at BG.. now you have stayed the course and kept working on it without making major changes using what you have until what it is.. no longer functions.

Solid player.. 6.6 on a street car is no joke.. that a solid mid 10 sec car.. and very competitive in TAI or THS.

Keep up the good work.. Be proud.

Change the oil and get 'er ready.. see you in a few weeks.

Julio

What I love is this car has been inch by inch getting faster and faster. I remember a few years ago the car ran 12.0's and had a lot of drama at BG.. now you have stayed the course and kept working on it without making major changes using what you have until what it is.. no longer functions.

Solid player.. 6.6 on a street car is no joke.. that a solid mid 10 sec car.. and very competitive in TAI or THS.

Keep up the good work.. Be proud.

Change the oil and get 'er ready.. see you in a few weeks.

Julio

Actually that was a different car, but it did get much faster with time, ended up going 7.0x in the 1/8th with a totally stock motor not including valve springs and timing chain.

I bought this car a couple of years ago, and the combo was very similar to what it is now, but it also ran 7.0's in the 1/8th...After a few changes (moving over my alky kit from the other car, wheels and tires, tune) it went 6.8's.

Then that winter I decided to install the roller cam and while the motor was out I found the bad stuff...1st I pulled the pan and found lots of junk from when the stock headgaskets got blown, so I pulled a main cap and found serious damage to the bearings...At that point obviously the cam change and new gaskets became a rebuild.

Over the course of the build we found much more wrong, the stock crank was cracked, after cleaning TONS of carbon off the pistons I found one that had started to melt around the crown, and a broken valve spring.

Several of my local Buick buds donated time, effort, and stock shortblock parts to help me get the car back together...Kip was the driving force of the project by far, but others made contributions that were pivotal...Without all of them none of this would have been possible.

Holy crap I rambled on didn't I.

I'm new to turbo 6's and have been hearing that the stock rods/pistons were good to 500+HP, but 650+:eek::cool: Nice work:smile:

Collin, Good numbers bro...I sold my old car I had in Dover...lookin at getting another one soon. I'm in the sandbox till Jan. Glad to see you stuck with buicks. To bad we can't go back to the days with that guy in the black mustang in dover.

Collin, Good numbers bro...I sold my old car I had in Dover...lookin at getting another one soon. I'm in the sandbox till Jan. Glad to see you stuck with buicks. To bad we can't go back to the days with that guy in the black mustang in dover.

That's kind of a shame that car was PRETTY.

Good luck over there and come back safe, get a Buick, come racin.

No rambling.. just shows that simply bolting parts on and expecting results never pans out like one wishes.

I went 132 on stock crank, rods, pistons, rings, etc.. So you can do it..

No rambling.. just shows that simply bolting parts on and expecting results never pans out like one wishes.

I went 132 on stock crank, rods, pistons, rings, etc.. So you can do it..

I would love to get to 130, but I don't think it has it in it...Not without changing something, I think the turbo is the hold up.

Nice numbers Collin! Thats definitely a sweet setup you have.

I think Id like to get my GN around 500rwhp if I can manage it. The only thing is its gonna need a bottom end soon. Beginning to dry start when its cold.:frown: Assuming its the original 116,000 mile motor. Also the trans is on the way out, and its the one from my T-Type.

I think I have everything I need to go 10.8-9 except for heads, cam; and maybe a new IC. Not sure yet.

A new alchy pump is next on my list. Its leaking and definitely low on pressure.

Nice numbers Collin! Thats definitely a sweet setup you have.

I think Id like to get my GN around 500rwhp if I can manage it. The only thing is its gonna need a bottom end soon. Beginning to dry start when its cold.:frown: Assuming its the original 116,000 mile motor. Also the trans is on the way out, and its the one from my T-Type.

I think I have everything I need to go 10.8-9 except for heads, cam; and maybe a new IC. Not sure yet.

A new alchy pump is next on my list. Its leaking and definitely low on pressure.

Alky pump going is bad...Been there, but I have always been luck and caught it before something bad happened.

When you say dry start are you talking about lifter clatter on startup?? My car did that before the rebuild and when I pulled it apart the lifters were toast...So if your motor is in good condition otherwise a new car and lifters might solve it.

Alky pump going is bad...Been there, but I have always been luck and caught it before something bad happened.

When you say dry start are you talking about lifter clatter on startup?? My car did that before the rebuild and when I pulled it apart the lifters were toast...So if your motor is in good condition otherwise a new car and lifters might solve it.

Its most likely the bottom end. Last time I did the rear main, the bottom half of the bearing looked pretty beat up. It only lasts a few seconds, but I know it'll need rebuilt sooner or later.

BUT Im not ruling out the fact that it could be cam related. My cars been slowing down lately and I dont know why. More boost and timing and seems to go slower... But it runs and I enjoy driving it so I guess I wont be racing much next season.

As far as I know this motor is 100% original, with the only exceptions being the usual timing chain and valvesprings.

But enough of me jacking you thread. Those are still good numbers! Sounds like a fun ride!

Maybe it's Bc I'm watching it on my iPhone but I don't hear a 2-3 shift

It shifts through the gears pretty fast when it's spinning, that's probably why it's hard to hear...You are probably hearing the 2-3 shift and not the 1-2 shift.

The guy taking the video (I still don't know why he wanted to do that, he asked me to take him for a ride after the dyno stuff, he used to have a 85 GN) looked like a pro football player...You should have heard him when I pulled out of the shop and nailed it the 1st time...He started making noises kinda like a girl, I think he got nervous pretty quick.