Maftpro No start

Boostin TA

Hey guys I need some help on where to go on this one. I just got and hooked up a new Maft Pro Translator and new Maftpro burnt chip from Full Throttle and now the car will not start only cranks. I have all the plug and play wiring from casper so I doubt its a wiring issue. I also have the conversion harness from casper to elimiate my MAF sensor and use the MAP signal. I also have a tps voltage booster and Field Fix harness wired in as well. Im at a loss, I tried putting the old chip (commander) and rehook up the MAF using the MAFTPRO but still no start so I dont think its the chip? I also notice that sometimes when the key is on the fuel pump continues to run, and sometimes it will shut off after the normal 3 seconds. Any help will be appreicated this is frustrating. Car was running fine prior to hooking it up. This is on a TTA.

Just a guess here, but sounds like something got left disconnected somewhere.

If there were a problem getting around the anti theft in the chip, the car would still at least fire, and then die.

Sit down with your favorite "adult beverage" and go over EVERYTHING you touched to do the install.

Plug-n-play harness, etc.

What's this maf elimination harness you refer too? I just unplugged my maf and removed it. Nothing plugged into the maf connector. Are you referring to the extra plugs on the pnp harness that plug into the map signal plugs over by the ECM??

Thanks for the response dave. I bought a harness from casper that I thought was needed to eliminate the MAF, its a harness that plugs into the MAF connector and plugs into the tps sensor and then plugs into the MAP sensor. Do I not need this harness? I didnt know I could simply just leave the MAF unplugged?

I'm not sure what that harness is! :eek: I have no such thing on mine.

Well I found out that the extra harness is really only needed for DFI installation, so I dont believe I need to use that. But still with it just unplugged it still wont start. I even tried changing the settings and trying it with the commander chip and still no start. Triple checked the wiring and connections and everything is fine. Is there something additional that I have to wire up on the TTA as opposed to the GN? Or is the plug and play harness universal for the both of them? I have the settings all set exactly how the software cd rom says to have them at. What else am I missing?

MP is reading 1.1. What should the air temp be adjusted to? I dont understand that menu that has the options of -40 degress, 13, 62..ect?

Don't worrie abot the temp page, leave them 0'd out for now.

The map sensor is not raeding. Thats why your not starting. mp should read 99-100 key on engine off.

Hmm. Do I have to wire the MAP in differently on the TTA as opposed to the plug and play harness? Or what is causing it not to read with the maftpro?

I'm not to familiar with the wiring on a TTA or the Casper's harness. Your going to have to do a little wire tracing. On the GN's the map wires are on a separate plug from the ecm. The plug is located up behind the glove box. But like I said thats on GN's. You need to locate those three wires and get them tied into the pro....

Maybe TurboDave will chime in with the map wire hook up to the Casper's harness. He is more familiar with that set up. :biggrin:

I know that all too well huh Rich?

Thanks again for getting my Pro up and running.

Boostin TA: You wont regret your purchase when you get it up and running! Its awesome!

Any of you chicago burb guys wanna come over and give your expertise first hand? :) Im up in Round Lake. The beer fridge is right next to the car!! :)

I know that all too well huh Rich?

Thanks again for getting my Pro up and running.

Boostin TA: You wont regret your purchase when you get it up and running! Its awesome!

WOW! I misspelled your name dude! What a tard moment. Sorry Rick.

On the plug n play harness there are two other connectors (smaller than the ecm connectors), and they interface with the MAP connector that is up under the dash above the ECM. One plug plugs into the cable going to the dash harness, and the other one plugs into it's mate that goes out to the engine bay.
On the digital dash GN's it's just a matter of plugging it in. However on the analog dash cars there's a wire or two that needs cutting. These are plainly called out in the directions.
I know nothing of the TTA dash configuration, but I'm assuming it's an analog type setup. Of course we all know what happens when you assume. :eek:

Attachments

• c437conn.jpg
    c437conn.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 182
Thanks for the diagram, I did read where the digital vs analog boost gauges were different but I can only remeber reading something that stated the digital dash gauge would no longer work when the harness is hooked up so I never paid much attention to the other information because the tta is also a analog gauge setup. I will recheck and re-read that tonite.
Thanks guys

In the drawing above, the two wires that need to by cut are the gray (pin B next to the light green wire), and (pin G, black wire)

They're labeled MAP Boost and have the X to the left of them

Do I just cut them or do I have to splice them into anything else?

They get cut on the black side of the connector, but make sure to check the wiring diagram that's included with the TPro instructions, It's clearer on the hook up than I am.

Now, I'm not exactly sure if the wires even need cutting with the plug n play harness. Might want to check with Caspers first.

you need to look in the TTA service manual and trace out the MAP sensor wiring.

There must be a couple of TTA Maft Pro users on the forum somewhere. Its not rocket-surgery, but the signals need to be there.

Bob

well after looking at both directions tonite the plug and play harness states that no wire cutting is needed, and just states that the orginal boost gauge will not work unless its digital dash. Also is this the 6 pin harness that is suppose to have the wires cut? Thats how I understand it in the actual maftpro directions, but the wire colors do not correspond to the letters. But in the diagram above it looks like the larger connector has the wires that need to be cut. I will probably call full throttle or caspers and see what I need to do before I go cutting wires. I just want to drive it already!