Maftpro No start

Boostin TA ?

Turbo Bob should know since he developed the TPro. Do you have a manual? Please Advise?

Ya, before cutting anything. You need to verify where your boost wiring is, etc. Those X's on that diagram above DO NOT indicate wires to cut.

Well I called tech assistance at caspers and they told me that with the TTA I have to use the 6 pin harness that plugs into the left side of the maftpro and wire it into the map sensor signal wires in order to get the map signal. Any other tta guys out there have this type of set up or make sense?

Okay so I believe I am on the right path now. I need to tie in my MAP sensor circuit to the green, black and red wire on the 8 pin connector to the maftpro. And after searching Hi and low in my tta manual supplement, All data and Mitchell on demand I am unable to locate a wiring diagram for the MAP sensor at the connector under the dash. Anyone out there know the TTA wiring for the MAP or what colors they may be? I dont really want to slice the wires in the engine compartment. I want to try to keep it as clean looking as possible.

The connector for the MAP sensor should be on the passenger side near the relays. It is a 3 wire connector. On the turbo buicks they are grey, green, and black wires. There really arent too many connectors like that in the harness on that side, so it should be too hard to find, but maybe the TTA is different.

If you are trying to find it under the dash, get a meter that beeps when you have ground and poke one end in one wire on the end of that connector under the hood, and another end start stabbing into the wires of the same color coming in through the firewall. If it beeps, thats the wire, label and trace where it goes. Then move on to the next one and finally the third.
Really shouldnt be too hard to trace down once you know where the connector is under the hood and you have a meter.

-my 2 cents.

get the manual

get the diagram

find the wires

hook it up

that notwithstanding, you can run a wire from the center pin of the MAP sensor to the green wire in the Pro harness (6 pin connector) (tap it to the caspers harness) and the car will run. Drive it to Bowling Green and we will get it straightened out.

Bob

Bob

I ran a jumper wire from the center green terminal on the map sensor directly to the green wire in the 6 pin connector on the maftpro and I now have a MP signal reading 97.8 on the Maftpro!! However I still have a crank no start situation. One step forward and 2 steps back. Sounds like the story of my life with this poor car! Any other ideas from the mad scientists out there?

check if you have an anti-theft chip.

the fuel pump not shutting off is odd, does it still do that?

did you disconnect the black/clear connectors and put them back to original?

Bob

Okay now back to basics. I just pulled a plug wire and put in a tester spark plug and cranked it over and I have no spark, Have my fuel pressure, but no spark!! now what is causing that? And if i remove the plug and play harness and put it back the way it was it will fire right back up.

Wierd simultanous posting

no anti theft chip, I even put in my old commander and tried that (changing the settings of course) and yes the fuel pump will still run continusly at times, usually only after cranking a few times and then if I just leave the key in the on posistion the pump will still keep going until I cycle the key again. I have not disconnected any of the plugs, I still have everything hooked into the plug and play harness. Do the black and clear connectors just remain stock and the plugs on the plug and play remain unused on the tta?

I still have everything hooked into the plug and play harness. Do the black and clear connectors just remain stock and the plugs on the plug and play remain unused on the tta?

yes, return the black/clear connectors to stock.

Bob

Bob you da man!

Its now alive with the black/white connectors back to stock. It fired up and died right away. Restarted gave it some gas to 1000 rpm it sounded as if it had a cam in it. Reved up to 2000 and everything smoothed right out (thought might be excessive gas or flooding from trying to start) Then when it comes back to idle it just stalls out. Cranks back up but will not idle smooth just dies out. TPS reading .38 on the MaftPro. Any Ideas.
Oh and I totally owe you a beer, heck make it a case of your choice if I get to meet you. What part of Michigan are you in? My In-laws are over in Jackson and I visit that area every now and then.

Thanks again

It is eaither too rich or too lean, they have to be pretty rich to run bad. Try adding some fuel in the low load around the idle RPM if that doesnot work take some away watch for it to get better and you know you are going in the right direction
Mike

I know this thread has been dead for some time, but I need some guidance. I purchased this car from Boostin TA last year along with the performance upgrades. He returned the TTA back to stock before I purchased it, so recently I've been reinstalling the parts. I installed the Maftpro and I'm currently at the same point Boostin TA was at in post 33. The car starts, gets up to 1000 RPM's, then dies. It will do this all day long if I want, but won't keep running. I also installed the chip that came with the Maftpro. If this helps, I installed the chip first, started the car and it ran. It ran poorly, lots of smoke out the exhaust, but it would run, added in the Maftpro and it won't keep running. I have spoke to Boostin TA, unfortunately he does not recall the next step he took to the car running. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks

key on, engine off, look thru all the readings on the sensor monitor screen, and post them. MP, MT, TPS, VE, UT, FO are the pertinent ones.

Then set the screen up to show MP RPM AFL and VE and start the car and note what these numbers do. (also check FO)

Bob

The P/O ordered the Maft through fullthrottlespeed.com and I believe he ordered the chip that you would order with the Maft. He said there is not an ant-theft security feature on the chip.

Here are the readings with the car in the on position, not running:
MP-1.1
MT-81.9
TPS- .41
VE- 44.0
UT- -1.5
FO- 30

With the car running, again it only runs a couple seconds at a time:

MP- 1.1
RPM- approx 1450
AFL- 0
VE- 47.5
FO- 30

you are not getting a MAP sensor signal (that's the MP) it will not run without that signal.

Bob