Maftpro No start

the MAP sensor middle wire needs to feed the green wire in the 6 pin harness of the Pro.

Bob

I jumped the wires and it worked Bob, thanks a ton!!! While I was writing down the readings after the car was warmed up, it stalled out 3 times. The exhaust smelled pretty bad. Would you please be able to look at the readings and give me some advice on what to change? The car never stalled out with the old chip.

Here's the readings I got off the Maft at idle after it was warmed up:

RPM: approx 825
FO: 38
VE- 55.6-56
MP- 37-40
UT- -5, fluctuated a bit all the way to -1
DC- 95.4
AFL- 6-7
FF- 0
TPS- .43
BD- 0
AFI- 0
MT- 104.1

Thanks again for everybodys help,
Rob

the chip and the F Out mode need to match, then once it warms up you can see what the integrator and blm do and adjust from there. I would adjust the Mainscale parameter so that the int/BLM during light accel are between 120 and 128, then tune the idle and light throttle stuff with the low load page.

What software version is in the Pro?

Bob

Work has been getting in the way of working out the bugs, but this is what I've found so far. At idle and acceleration, the BLM is at 128 and doesn't move. The INT does fluctuate, it goes from the 120's to the 140's. The car does not stall any more like my previous post, but it does stall after the initial start, upon restarting it, it will idle until I shut it off. The idle still fluctuates a bit from 750 to 900, it did not do that prior to adding the Maft pro. I had a turbo tweak chip in it. I read the prior post, but unfortunately don't understand all of what you sent in regards to the adjustments. When I bought the car, all I got was the Maft pro and small guide. I don't know much about programming. I think the idle should be smoother, but I don't know what adjustments to make on the Maft, I'm still new to this.

The Maft is currently running version 4.40, is this current?

4.4 is ancient. 5.27 is the current stable version. many improvements over the (7) years. do you have the black communication cable for the Pro? reflashing it is easy, but you need the cable.

B

Unfortunately I don't have the cable. Is the cable something I could pick up at Best Buy?

Bob, I've been trying to find out what the communication looks like, but I can't find a photo of it. I know one end must be a female serial port cable, would the other end be a usb type?

the communication cable has a db9 female on each end, and is wired straight-thru. If your laptop does not have a serial port, then you need a USB to serial adapter.

Full Throttle should have the cable in stock, they might have the USB adapter but those are easy to find (avoid Belkin)

Bob

Ok, I finally got everything squared away on my car, now I need to update the Maftpro. I bought the cable and adapter, where do I go next? Is there an update disc I need to purchase or is the update a download? Does the Maftpro need to be on the car when updating or do I remove it?

Thanks,
Rob

Ok, I finally got everything squared away on my car, now I need to update the Maftpro. I bought the cable and adapter, where do I go next? Is there an update disc I need to purchase or is the update a download? Does the Maftpro need to be on the car when updating or do I remove it?

Thanks,
Rob

To update your Translator Pro, you'll need a couple files. One is TPCU which is the update utility, and you'll need the latest TransPro .s19 file.

They can be found here: http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=3938

TPCU.zip, and TPRO527.zip are the one's you'll need. Unzip them to your desktop.

It doesn't matter whether the pro is on the car or not, as long as you can power it up, and you're laptop can communicate with it.
Start TPCU, select the port, and click update. A screen will pop up advising you that it's waiting for TransPro to power up. This is when you power it up, and then anwere Y (yes) to the do you want to continue question.

Anymore luck with it Rob? FYI I always had that problem too with the maftpro were it will start and stall and then restart and run fine until shutting it off. Not sure what bug it was that caused that. Its weird to see tta 1163 and for it not to be mine anymore. lol Oh by the way is that car missing the ash tray? If so I may have found it in my garage but I have no idea what car it was for.