max for a 70BB-P trim 82a/r three bolt

chazmat2316

What's the fastest MPH anyone's gone with a Turbonetics 70bb-P trim 82a/r three bolt housing ? Just would like to what the max is!

I'll tell ya in a few weeks. I bet my stock headers will limit me to around 10.4

I have GN1 ported, 109.

Good for you. Did you notice this thread is about the 70 p-trim? Not a 61. Do you have anything usefull to contribute, or did you just want to brag about your times?

YellaGN said:
Good for you. Did you notice this thread is about the 70 p-trim? Not a 61. Do you have anything usefull to contribute, or did you just want to brag about your times?

I have a 70 P-trim. I believe it's rated around 830HP, give or take.
I'd say 135MPH easy. On Oct. 8th I will have a chance to find out. That's why I joined this thread. :D I expect a high 9 with the right 60'. That's pretty far from the 11s at about 500-550HP. I have the stock headers for now, ported, but still probably my bottle neck. Maybe I'll only see some mid-low 10s. ??

Gene Fleury went 9.9's @ roughly 136 - 137 mph with that turbo @ 30 psi. That was about 3 or 4 years ago, before the big dollar TSM guys started going 9's with their GTQ turbos.

I've went a 9.90 and as fast as 136.29. But mine was a Q trim with a .82 precision housing.

c&cgn said:
Gene Fleury went 9.9's @ roughly 136 - 137 mph with that turbo @ 30 psi. That was about 3 or 4 years ago, before the big dollar TSM guys started going 9's with their GTQ turbos.

Right on that one. Wasn't Gene using a Stage motor for those 9 second passes?

Ted A. said:
Right on that one. Wasn't Gene using a Stage motor for those 9 second passes?

Gene ran a stock block with a 208 cam and Champ alum heads, stock rods and crank, he made a bunch of 9 second runs before he found the block webbing cracked....... his turbo was a Tnetics ball bearing P trim with a Tnetics .82 exhaust housing. No stroker kit, no race ported hoged out heads, no cam as big as what most run in stage 2 motors, no distributor, no turbo 400 with a trans brake, just a little 200r off the foot brake... if he could do it, I would think others could as well without breaking the bank.... I would like to add, running the big number requires great tuning and a 60 foot to match.... not an easy task

Jack, do you have a newer turbine trim to try out? Would it be legal in TSM 2007, since it's avaliavle as of now. Tell us a little about it. Is it the "S" trim?

JCotton said:
Gene ran a stock block with a 208 cam and Champ alum heads, stock rods and crank, he made a bunch of 9 second runs before he found the block webbing cracked....... his turbo was a Tnetics ball bearing P trim with a Tnetics .82 exhaust housing. No stroker kit, no race ported hoged out heads, no cam as big as what most run in stage 2 motors, no distributor, no turbo 400 with a trans brake, just a little 200r off the foot brake... if he could do it, I would think others could as well without breaking the bank.... I would like to add, running the big number requires great tuning and a 60 foot to match.... not an easy task

I believe Genes car was a bit on the light side no a/c around 3400 lbs back in the day. I was running 9.90's in the late 1990's also with a stock block, crank, rods, a/c and no distributor at 3650lbs. The block I was using in the 1990's is still alive today throwing down low 9's every time out.

BTW what intercooler is Gene using????

chazmat2316 said:
What's the fastest MPH anyone's gone with a Turbonetics 70bb-P trim 82a/r three bolt housing ? Just would like to what the max is!

Couple years ago I ran that exact turbo. 10.12@133 all day long at 27 PSI with stock block, stock crank, stock rods, TRW pistons, Iron heads in 3600 lb car with 1.45 60's. Spooled great. Won TSM @ Salem with it in 04.

Sully