max for a 70BB-P trim 82a/r three bolt

top gun said:
The 70 GTQ is worth another 10 mph over 137 and a bit more et.

are you telling me that i would run 147 with the 70 gtq? i will order one like yesterday if thats the case. i find it hard to beleive that it would make that much of a difference.\

chazmat718, my 70 turbo is a p-trim w/4 bolt on center(not tangical) 81a/r exh. my combo basically is a stock block rods, crank, wiseco .030, two steel caps, gn1's unported, 210 roller, full atr exh, 200r4, 3600lb fully optoned t-roof car. i will be going to the track to try out my recently installed t-brake soon.

V6 Beast said:
Couple years ago I ran that exact turbo. 10.12@133 all day long at 27 PSI with stock block, stock crank, stock rods, TRW pistons, Iron heads in 3600 lb car with 1.45 60's. Spooled great. Won TSM @ Salem with it in 04.

Sully

Are you still using the same turbo on your new combo since your numbers are very similar to your old combo??

top gun said:
Are you still using the same turbo on your new combo since your numbers are very similar to your old combo??

No, the new turbo ran that number on 6 less pounds of boost. You coming to Reynolds to spectate?

bird said:
are you telling me that i would run 147 with the 70 gtq? i will order one like yesterday if thats the case. i find it hard to beleive that it would make that much of a difference.\
QUOTE]

I have gone 147 mph with more left in it @ 3550 there is nothing fancy going on with my combo just a little common sense. The Precision, Limit, and Innovative are the top performers in the 3 bolt 70mm market, the Turbonetics brings up the rear as the worst performer.

V6 Beast said:
No, the new turbo ran that number on 6 less pounds of boost. You coming to Reynolds to spectate?

What are you waiting for to turn it up? You ran 9.90's last year before you blew up, are you afraid of another blow up???

You guys haven't given me a reason to bring the car back out this year.

If you run better than your personal best of 9.94 :rolleyes: and keep your oil off the track and in the motor, I might bring it out next year.

top gun said:
What are you waiting for to turn it up? You ran 9.90's last year before you blew up, are you afraid of another blow up???

You guys haven't given me a reason to bring the car back out this year.

If you run better than your personal best of 9.94 :rolleyes: and keep your oil off the track and in the motor, I might bring it out next year.

It is a completely new setup. I don't mind taking my time before pushing it. I am not out to set any records. I am working on getting the launch and 60' where they need to be. I have it staging and spooing perfectly. I was borrowing a converter to get an idea of where I needed to be and have mine on order. At least I am not on the boards spreading lies and BS. :eek:

V6 Beast said:
It is a completely new setup. I don't mind taking my time before pushing it. I am not out to set any records. I am working on getting the launch and 60' where they need to be. I have it staging and spooing perfectly. I was borrowing a converter to get an idea of where I needed to be and have mine on order. At least I am not on the boards spreading lies and BS. :eek:

I see reality has set in you won't be setting any records.

You should read up on which turbos are throwing down the numbers in TSM and make the appropriate change.

No lies or BS here just the facts "JACK" :D

top gun said:
I see reality has set in you won't be setting any records.

The reality is finally setting in with you Dave. I have been telling you for six months that I am not even trying for any records but you seem to be too stupid to understand it. Not sure how to make it any clearer for you so I am happy that you are finally getting it.

top gun said:
You should read up on which turbos are throwing down the numbers in TSM and make the appropriate change.

No lies or BS here just the facts "JACK" :D

Well I forwarded your post on over to Turbonetics legal department. Since the truth is the perfect defense for a libel suit you should have no worries :rolleyes:

What turbonetiocs turbo did you run that you are comparing to the turbos you are pumping up? Oh yea none. Facts and truth are something you have no use for.

Here is what I can tell you for a fact. We have 2 nearly identical cars. Same stroke, Rods, Pistons,heads, injectors, converter, tuner, etc. Nearly Identical. One has a Limit GTQ-70 and one has a Turbonetics BB 70. The Car with the turbonetics is slightly faster with slightly higher MPH. It also spools the turbonetics about 3 seconds quicker than the GTQ. Not saying turbonetics is the best or that this is a perfect comparison, just stating real world results rather than lies and BS.

If your not comparing apples to apples then your just wasting everyone's time and making yourself look stupid.

MAX PSI said:
I've went a 9.90 and as fast as 136.29. But mine was a Q trim with a .82 precision housing.

Phil, congrats on your TSM win at Morroco. Stepping up your program in the vendor department like you have will only lead to more victorys, you have 2 of the best with Cal and Lonnie in your corner. Removing your old intercooler "The !ack" was a great move now you should remove the other piece holding you back that was supplied by him.

One again congrats....hope to see you at Reynolds

V6 Beast said:

You had 6 pounds of boost in the bag when Bill kicked your a$$ at Salem???

Did you forget you had it there...I am sure those 6 pounds would have put you in the 9.50's

V6 Beast said:
Well I forwarded your post on over to Turbonetics legal department. Since the truth is the perfect defense for a libel suit you should have no worries :rolleyes:

What turbonetiocs turbo did you run that you are comparing to the turbos you are pumping up? Oh yea none. Facts and truth are something you have no use for.

Here is what I can tell you for a fact. We have 2 nearly identical cars. Same stroke, Rods, Pistons,heads, injectors, converter, tuner, etc. Nearly Identical. One has a Limit GTQ-70 and one has a Turbonetics BB 70. The Car with the turbonetics is slightly faster with slightly higher MPH. It also spools the turbonetics about 3 seconds quicker than the GTQ. Not saying turbonetics is the best or that this is a perfect comparison, just stating real world results rather than lies and BS.

If your not comparing apples to apples then your just wasting everyone's time and making yourself look stupid.

I will take that threat of being sued about as serious as the one that came from your guru, parts supplier, tuner and intercooler supplier.

Sully, if you are so smart and I am full of BS why is my car 10 plus mph and 7 tenths quicker with the same combo as yours??? My hood is open for everyone to see in the tech line, nothing to hide and nothing to lie about.

top gun said:
I will take that threat of being sued about as serious as the one that came from your guru, parts supplier, tuner and intercooler supplier.

Sully, if you are so smart and I am full of BS why is my car 10 plus mph and 7 tenths quicker with the same combo as yours??? My hood is open for everyone to see in the tech line, nothing to hide and nothing to lie about.

I didn't threaten to sue you Dave and neither did anyone else. All I did was send a link to the company you are committing libel against. It is up to them what they choose to do with it. A small POS like you probably isn't much of a concern to them but you never know. But as long as you have the "truth" on your side you have no worries. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We don't even have close to the same combo Dave and saying we do just makes you look silly. To start with I don't have near enough injector to go 147 followed closely by my engine doesn't turn 8000 rpms followed very closely by I am limited to a 250 ci restriction for the class I run in. ;)

3 secs is alot of spool time difference, is this documented, like to see some datalogs on this? Not trying to cause more grief, but just looking for the best turbo, spooler!

norbs said:
3 secs is alot of spool time difference, is this documented, like to see some datalogs on this? Not trying to cause more grief, but just looking for the best turbo, spooler!

You bet. Although some of it is probably converter. My 400 converter was a loaner to get an ieda of needed stall and was a bit too loose which is one of the reasons I haven't been pushing the car yet. But I have the data from when I had the 200. My 200 converter was looser than his. We will find out how much of a difference at Reynolds since we are putting my the converter from my 200 in his car. Then we will be able to compare apples to apples for sure. PM me your email and I will send you a couple of comparable runs from when I had 200.

Sully

V6 Beast said:
I didn't threaten to sue you Dave and neither did anyone else. All I did was send a link to the company you are committing libel against. It is up to them what they choose to do with it. A small POS like you probably isn't much of a concern to them but you never know. But as long as you have the "truth" on your side you have no worries. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We don't even have close to the same combo Dave and saying we do just makes you look silly. To start with I don't have near enough injector to go 147 followed closely by my engine doesn't turn 8000 rpms followed very closely by I am limited to a 250 ci restriction for the class I run in. ;)

I am not worried about being sued by Turbonetics or your boy so send all the e-mails you want.

70 turbo, stroker cranks ,400 trans, alum heads please explain what is different.
I would also like to add to not enough injector to run 147, you are also lacking in the talent department.

If you think my engine is over 250 cubes put your money where your mouth is and we can tear it down for 2k.

V6 Beast said:
You bet. Although some of it is probably converter. My 400 converter was a loaner to get an ieda of needed stall and was a bit too loose which is one of the reasons I haven't been pushing the car yet. But I have the data from when I had the 200. My 200 converter was looser than his. We will find out how much of a difference at Reynolds since we are putting my the converter from my 200 in his car. Then we will be able to compare apples to apples for sure. PM me your email and I will send you a couple of comparable runs from when I had 200.

Sully

Three trips to the track whats the problem getting the converter dialed in?
I am sure Jack has a real bad a$$ converter he can set you up with. :rolleyes:

top gun said:
Three trips to the track whats the problem getting the converter dialed in?
I am sure Jack has a real bad a$$ converter he can set you up with. :rolleyes:

I have been to the track with it 3 times?? Wow.. that is news to me. Keep in mind I started out season with the 200 Genius.

V6 Beast said:
I have been to the track with it 3 times?? Wow.. that is news to me. Keep in mind I started out season with the 200 Genius.

Bowling Green multiple drive shaft failures shut down track, Norwalk, Indy massive oil leak shut down track and Salem that is four sorry my mistake.

I am not sure what the 200 trans has to do with it sounds like another excuse from the " No Talent Camp".

top gun said:
Bowling Green multiple drive shaft failures shut down track, Norwalk, Indy massive oil leak shut down track and Salem that is four sorry my mistake.

I am not sure what the 200 trans has to do with it sounds like another excuse from the " No Talent Camp".

Bowling Green I had a 200.... Norwalk I had 200. Before Indy I put 400 in so 1st time with borrowed converter, Ordered my converter but it didn't get here before Salem and since I won Indy with it, I ran the loose one again. So it's 1 event dumbass before we knew what change was needed. Hard to test 400 converter in a 200 tranny. More lies and BS.. that is your MO these days Dave. Try the truth out once in a while. It will do you good. :biggrin:

You know I could give a **** what you think Dave so I won't be wasting any more of my time explaining anything to you.