Mike Bamfords DLS powered turbo LSx project

Ted,

Thanks for the update.
Mike sells a dual 3inch exhaust that might be the ticket.
I think Jason is working on his single 4 inch deal too.
Do you have any better quality pictures?

Later,

John, we had the video camera tonight, but I was busy tuning and wanted to get the driveablity done. Woodward is getting real busy since the cruise is next week. We went on a 35 mile road trip tonight and took out a 68 Camaro after giving him the leave and we were only running 3.8 PSI of boost:biggrin: , some tubbed old Ford with a blower sticking out of the hood and some kids with a old Chevelle that probably just liked getting beat like little red headed step children, LOL. I am really liking this thing and tuning it has been a blast. We managed to find that about 7psi is where the car is a handful and on the verge of dangerous with the ET streets. We are still running it through the dual 3" ATR exhaust system on the street and expect the car will wake up a little bit more with it opened up, but it sounds so great through the muffs I'm liking it this way. We are planning on going back out this weekend so I will get some video because the WOT is done now.

Addictive isn't it:biggrin:

Just wait for the 1st track pass.

It'll run nearly 130 to the 1/8th on 15# of boost. It's crazy how easy it is to make power with them.

Hopefully we don't start blowing through the converter when we start leaning on it. I'm sure we will. Probably going to need a PTC converter soon. :eek: :biggrin:

Dennis we have a 2 step on the car, we didn't hit the 2 step on the 9.17 pass as the launch boost didn't quite get it there. I had it set to 4650, it is controlled by the BS3. I'll have to dig through the timeslips down at the shop and get the 660' on the .17 pass.

The car weighs in at 3485# with Mike in the car.

Do you no what the car weighed?Does the BS3 have the 2 step in the base box for the ls1 or do you have to upgrade to the 3 step to get it?

Dennis

Dennis the COP system has 2 step built in. The ETM (Traction control) is available with a 3 step function if you upgrade. The nice thing with the ETM is you get the extended logging and that logs up to 76 seconds.

The car weighs #3485

Dennis, we are not running the ETM on Mikes car yet. There was some work to be done on the 58x LS7 firmware still.

We are running the truck coils. Absolutely no issues with the COP setup. :biggrin:

ttt for updates

This is one cool project.

Did the car have to be cut to do this install? .... in other words..... could you go back to the LC2 and never tell it had a LS motor at some point?

Does it have A/C?

The motor mount that bolts to the crossover was moved a little. It could be moved back. Nothing else was cut up. The car didn't have A/C so he just built around it. The accessory package is from a Vette so I would imagine A/C would not be much of a problem for anybody who wanted it. It has power steering also.

The motor mount that bolts to the crossover was moved a little. It could be moved back. Nothing else was cut up. The car didn't have A/C so he just built around it. The accessory package is from a Vette so I would imagine A/C would not be much of a problem for anybody who wanted it. It has power steering also.

Ted,

Are you guys totally done for the season or is there any hope of some updates?

Ted,

Are you guys totally done for the season or is there any hope of some updates?

John, we left off in a good place this year. The Syclone motor is done now so we are going to focus on getting the truck in the 8's.

All and all, we are expecting to see Daves TSM car in the 8's, Mikes car in the 8's and Mikes AWD Syclone in the 8's next season.